TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

This feud sucks.

Guest Anglesault

No, I think Angle should probably go five and 0 up to Mania, just to build Brock's frustration.

Guest Brian

If they do it right. Brock got the upper hand early, but Angle's managed after that. Maybe 4-1 where Team Angle gets beatdown but Brock fails to get his hands on Angle. But I'm trying to think what the WWE will do.

Guest TheCynicalHateMongerFromHell

Can't we please think about John Cena?

::jumps out top story window::

Guest Jobber of the Week

This was fucking ridiculous.

Brock OVERSOLD for Cena. His staggering around was pretty rediculous for a chainshot. Then, after the match, sweating like a pig and audibly short on breath, he can take on three men higher up on the card?

Kurt is starting to look like a wimp and is making all the guys who jobbed to him look like wimps by proxy.

This was fucking ridiculous.

Brock OVERSOLD for Cena. His staggering around was pretty rediculous for a chainshot. Then, after the match, sweating like a pig and audibly short on breath, he can take on three men higher up on the card?

WHAT?!?!?

Guest bob_barron

Did anyone else laugh when for Cena's career accomplishments they put-

Ph.D in thuganomics

Did anyone else laugh when for Cena's career accomplishments they put-

Ph.D in thuganomics

Everything about the Cena gimmick rules. So yes, I loved it.

Guest Mole

I am not going to read through the posts, but AS is right on this one, Team Angle needs to get some offense in.

Guest Vitamin X
Kurt Angle...Chris Jericho 2003!!!

No, because Angle is credible except in any situation dealing with Brock. It's really strange.

I'm not so sure about that. Angle's Nov. `02-(probably)Mania `03 reign is looking remarkably similar to Jericho's Dec. `01-Mania `02 reign

Guest Jobber of the Week
WHAT?!?!?

Cena was getting near-falls on a guy who kicked out of the Rock Bottom and required a Big Show chokeslam on a steel chair while being shilled as having broken ribs to finally job. That's a pretty goddamn powerful hit of the ol Fistful O' Chain.

Brock was stumbling around and crap for a little and then sat around with the World's Longest Chinlock applied.

I'm sorry, but if you're going to have a MONSTER, he shouldn't be that easy to beat for a midcarder like Cena. Or, perhaps, he should. In that case, he shouldn't be able to beat up Kurt then BOTH of Team Angle right after the match. He had just been selling the chains for quite a few minutes, and then suddently stops looking like he's knocked so loopy to knock out three guys, including the Champ.

Plus he was sweating more than a Slurpee that was left out on a Summer day in the process.

Guest Anglesault
Can't we please think about John Cena?

::jumps out top story window::

No. :)

From what I'm hearing, Cena actually got offense in. More than Angle or the Anglicans can say.

Brock was stumbling around and crap for a little and then sat around with the World's Longest Chinlock applied.

Really? I'll have to wait to see it. Because if there was a time consuming chin lock, and that bearhug from hell last match, maybe these guys just don't mesh.

Guest Brian

The chinlock wasn't that long. Cena grabbed it because he couldn't keep Brock down, Brock just stood up, couldn't shake him, rammed him into the turnbuckle. It was kind of a neat spot, since he couldn't get the pin with the chain to the head or the backdrop suplex.

Guest Anglesault

Fine then. Why call it longest ever?

And why is Cena more of a threat than Angle? Damnit, what did Kurt do to deserve this?

Guest EricMM

I think last night's Smackdown was one of those shows with good wrestling, and shitty booking. Even though I kind of knew what the end result was going to be, when Team Angle came out to save Kurt, which I could maybe buy because he had a sinus infection and those are killer~! When TA finally got to Brock, all that seemed to happen was about ten seconds of the two of them pound on him on the apron (no selling from Brock) until he started destroying them.

They looked like total jobbers. I didn't see SD! last week or the week before, but if this has been the trend, then they've been jobbing to brock...

With 3 on 1, I would expect Kurt angle to be able to grab a chair and start whaling on Brock. That's they way its supposed to GO. Why hasn't that happened?

Fine then. Why call it longest ever?

And why is Cena more of a threat than Angle? Damnit, what did Kurt do to deserve this?

Cena got beaten in 6 minutes by Brock, I'm sure Angle will hold out for 8. :D

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I can see if this post was made 1 or 2 weeks before WM and nothing changed, but there is PLENTY OF TIME for things to develop.

*points to the heroes journey*

Guest Anglesault
I can see if this post was made 1 or 2 weeks before WM and nothing changed, but there is PLENTY OF TIME for things to develop.

*points to the heroes journey*

You say that every week.

Anyway.

SPOILER

This week is at least somewhat better, with Brock destroying four men without breaking a sweat and surviving a spectacularly failed beatdown. But at least he needed help this time. It's still absolutely awful and Angle defines "bitch" in this feud, but it's a tiny baby step in the right direction. At this pace, if the feud lasted 17 more months, it would be even for the blow off!

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I do say that everyweek - and until we are 3 weeks away from WM there is plenty of time for Angle to look like a threat. We still have a month and change.

Guest Anglesault

The MAIN EVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA should not look like shit until four weeks before the show. With two shows to work on, that's still kind of bad. But only four shows to make this feud not suck? Like, right now is when it should stop sucking. This is not the feud that they should build up with a month left.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

They have been building it up for a LONG WHILE, just very slowly. It should PICK UP in that 3 weeks.

I do say that everyweek - and until we are 3 weeks away from WM there is plenty of time for Angle to look like a threat. We still have a month and change.

The problem is you shouldn't have to say that every week. If you keep having to say it every week that means they haven't fixed it yet.

I remember people saying wait till next week when Jericho/HHH from last year first started before it degraded to the depths of hell.

Guest treble charged

I'm thinking that Lesnar is outsmarting Angle leading up to No Way Out, where Angle finally figures out Lesnar and gets the upper hand. Just because it isn't an episode of SmackDown doesn't mean that it can't be used in the build-up to WrestleMania. It could be the turning point, or something.

Of course, if it's any other finish than Angle going over Lesnar, then it's just plain stupid.

Guest Austin3164life

Anglesault, I think you are jumping to a conclusion quickly. I think from No Way Out until Wrestlemania, Angle is going to fuck with Brock and really gain the upper hand, and will make people think "what if Brock can't win?".

Guest Anglesault

Jumping to conclusions would be me saying how much this feud would suck three months before it started. (And I may have, I don't remember)

Commenting on current suckitude, other the other hand, isn't jumping anywhere.

I'll get this out of the way right now. I'm not patient, I'm not optimistic. The basis for most of my arguments is what has happened and is happening. If something is not going well and has not been going well, chances are, I will predict that it will go well.

I want to see the light at the end of the tunnel here, but I'm not going to go searching for it.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

When I say they have plenty of time when they *do* have plenty of time, until they don't have enough time I will always be that way.

Who the fuck thought that Jericho/HHH would go well?

Guest Anglesault
When I say they have plenty of time when they *do* have plenty of time, until they don't have enough time I will always be that way.

You're basically saying "Run the shit as long as possible, as long as you have time to try to fix it."

I'm saying " Stop the shit NOW"

Guest Respect The 'Taker

Do you ever feel as though your complaining gets you absolutely no-where, Anglesault?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

No, what I am saying is "it's too early to bitch". Do I think the Angle could be done better? Of course. Do I think Team Angle is looking very weak right now? Yes. Do I think that there is plenty of time to develop? Oh yeah.

Jericho is a lower priority than Brock or Kurt.

Guest saturnmark4life

I don't think team angle looks weak, I think brock looks strong. They have all the gold, and Kurt goes over clean in every match usually va submission. Sure, they could do to injure him. But I'm just not that bothered by the way it's going. I'm cool with it. He's a monster babyface, and he's being booked as such.