TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

This feud sucks.

Guest Mulatto Heat
The MAIN EVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA should not look like shit until four weeks before the show.

The ME will be Rock/Austin anyway.

I'm just not that bothered by the way it's going. I'm cool with it. He's a monster babyface, and he's being booked as such.

Then I guess those that aren't "cool with it" just won't support it, like Lex Luger a decade ago.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I'm not bothered either - they just haven't really gone very deep with the concept of team angle which could really be a cool thing if they went all the wa with it...

Guest Anglesault
I'm not bothered either - they just haven't really gone very deep with the concept of team angle which could really be a cool thing if they went all the wa with it...

I personally think they have totally and completely ruined the concept of Team Angle. Isn't Benjamin the guy that rknows all of Brock's weaknesses and can tip off Angle? How is he doing that?

Now, if they had Shelton make Brock's life hell with his knowledge until Brock finally outplays him and Angle, that would be kind of cool.

Guest Anglesault
I don't think team angle looks weak, I think brock looks strong.

I agree. They look very strong in anything NOT involving Brock. It's bizarre and stupid.

They have all the gold, and Kurt goes over clean in every match usually va submission.

And THERE'S the problem. By making Team Angle look superior to the whole roster but completely inferior to brock, you make the entire roster look like shit.

Guest Anglesault

Shelton is supposed to have Brock's number. If he does, he's done a damned good job of pretending he doesn't.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I guess they were all right AS.

Not being able to complain about how weak Angle was looking until the show certainly cleared things up for me.

Brock beats both members of team Angle while Kurt cowers in fear on the outside...then Heyman saves Kurt from having to face Brock by hitting him with a chair...

So now Team Angle will get the upperhand right?

Sorry...Brock dumps Angle and attacks Heyman.

Finally after a 3 on one attack Angle gets the anklelock on! But even after 2 matches that can't make Brock tap.

Thankfully Edge and Benoit come in to run of Team Angle!

Boy. I don't know if ANYONE has ever looked stronger than Kurt.

He better win at Mania.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Why would Brock tap?

Angle looked Strong at the end of Smackdown, he had Brock in the ankle lock and Brock was effected by it. That's all there needs to be said at the moment.

Guest bob_barron

Why would Brock Lesnar tap if it wasn't an actual match?

Maybe unlike all the other wrestlers who tap for no reason- Brock has a brain.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Plus, he didn't escape from it - he was saved. So it still left the impression that he could tap.

Guest Anglesault
Why would Brock tap?

Because that's basically what everyone on the roster does in a submission hold outside of a match. Austin did. HHH does. Rocky did.

Maybe unlike all the other wrestlers who tap for no reason- Brock has a brain.

Oh, COME ON. Now you are just making excuses for ANOTHER blown opening to make Angle look good.

Brock was effected by it. That's all there needs to be said at the moment.

He was? Whatever he was trying to convey after the match reminded me of what people do when they're foot falls asleep. Not exactly deadly.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Brock has yet to tap in the WWE (at least to my knowledge) - why would they do it now? They gave the possibility, and at this stage of the game that's just fine. They introduced the notion of Team Angle singling out Brocks ankle, all they have to do is follow up on it. They can't just make brock look totally weak and defenseless in one segment - it nullifies all the work they did building him up over the past few weeks/months.

He acted like it was hurt, he hobbled - what do you want, him flopping on the mat like a fish out of water?

Guest Anglesault
what do you want, him flopping on the mat like a fish out of water?

YES! Make it look like three men HURT this man.

They can't just make brock look totally weak and defenseless in one segment - it nullifies all the work they did building him up over the past few weeks/months.

yet they are allowed to do that with Angle and...

Fuck it, I'll never understand this feud.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Angle is not Lesnar. Lesnar is Lesnar. Angle is Angle. Lesnar has been built from day one as a monster. Angle has been built from day one as a pussy. Lesnar is not Angle. Lesnar is Lesnar. Lesnar doesn't tap - it's not in his character to tap - if he tapped then his character, his appeal, would be shot. At this stage of the game, it's not a smart move. Maybe a week or so before WM that really puts the match in doubt - it will come as a big surprise to everyone "oh my god, Lesnar just tapped. Angle made Lesnar tap! Maybe Lesnar isn't invincible." But you don't want that thought in fans' minds right now. They put Brock into the position where he could tap and he showed a hint of weakness - that's all they need. It's a perfectly good base to work from.

Guest Anglesault
oh my god, Lesnar just tapped. Angle made Lesnar tap! Maybe Lesnar isn't invincible." But you don't want that thought in fans' minds right now.

Right. You want it in fans minds that Angle sucks and can't get any offense in on Brock and that kurt will never amount to anything in this business. That's how you sell a big match on a big PPV.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Right. You want it in fans minds that Angle sucks and can't get any offense in on Brock and that kurt will never amount to anything in this business. That's how you sell a big match on a big PPV.

This 'big ppv' - were you talking about NWO or WM? I was assuming you meant NWO BECAUSE WRESTLEMANIA IS STILL OVER A FUCKING MONTH AWAY! In a month, things can change...

Guest Anglesault

Who cares about NWO?

BECAUSE WRESTLEMANIA IS STILL OVER A FUCKING MONTH AWAY!

I remember when you were saying it was two months away and things could change.

In a month, things can change...

Or, it could stay the way it's been for the last month of this feud. Where every week, I would hear "Wait til next week, it will be better then!" I have a pattern and history to base my thoughts on. ou are just saying what you think should happen.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Yep, and I remember 2 months ago you saying this feud sucks and not giving it a chance to improve.

Or, it could stay the way it's been for the last month of this feud. Where every week, I would hear "Wait til next week, it will be better then!" I have a pattern and history to base my thoughts on. ou are just saying what you think should happen.

I haven't said 'wait till next week, it will be better then' - I have basically said "until we are 3 weeks away from WM anything can happen to change the dynamics of the feud."

I think I have provided reasonable explanations for everything that has happened thus far. You, on the otherhand, just want Angle to look strong and Lesnar to look weak - and anything that doesn't acheive this just 'sucks'.

Guest Anglesault

Yep, and I remember 2 months ago you saying this feud sucks and not giving it a chance to improve.

And I was so damned far off the mark.

I haven't said 'wait till next week, it will be better then' - I have basically said "until we are 3 weeks away from WM anything can happen to change the dynamics of the feud."

And I think the feud should be somewhat compelling before the three week mark. Difference in opinions, I suppose.

. You, on the otherhand, just want Angle to look strong and Lesnar to look weak

Isn't that like as old as wrestling? Heel makes face's life a living hell, Face can't quite stop heel, face finally topples heel?

Guest Brian

I think basically they've had two chances to turn things around, and make a pivotal step in the other direction. One was Thursday, which they blew. Hopefully they get it right, or even close to right Sunday and move with that momentum. Otherwise, things shift and times up.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Still got another month to go and they have started to make brock look weak.

And I think the feud should be somewhat compelling before the three week mark. Difference in opinions, I suppose.

I didn't say that. Quit twisting my words around.

Isn't that like as old as wrestling? Heel makes face's life a living hell, Face can't quite stop heel, face finally topples heel?

Who says that's not going to happen? They just had to build Brock up first in the feud so they could bring him down so they could bring him back up at WM.

Guest Brian

But you only get so many high profile chances to really turn the momentum, and between this and NWO they're not going to have much left. This feud needs to kick it into high gear very quickly and for that to work, Angle needs to jump out ahead.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

That's where my 3 week rule comes in Brian. In my view, 3 weeks can't really get it done - there is a chance, but you need a fair amount of promotion time ala Rock/Austin. 4 weeks can.

Guest Anglesault

Still got another month to go and they have started to make brock look weak.

HOW? He destroyed three men and barely sold the anklelock.

I didn't say that. Quit twisting my words around.

You said we shouldn't worry until the three weeks before.

They just had to build Brock up first in the feud

Why?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

He didn't "destroy" team angle considering they were the ones who had him on the mat and were mocking him which he was in the ankle lock. You have this weird perception on things - you downplay somethings while exaggerate other things. Brock 'walked off' the ankle lock when in reality he was still limping, and he 'destoryed' team angle when they were the ones who had him on the mat.

That's right, I said don't worry.

Why? Heros journey. The time factors and scheduling. If you build him up strong, when he gets weak it will be all the more important.

Guest Anglesault
He didn't "destroy" team angle

He beat both of them in six minutes, took care of Angle even after a chair shot.

. If you build him up strong, when he gets weak it will be all the more important.

The man has lost one match in 11 months. I think he was strong.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

..And they got him back.

They couldn't have started the feud way back at the smackdown after armageddon - nor could they at the Royal Rumble. That is too much time to allow Brock and Angle to not 'get it on' in the ring. By the time WM comes around who would really want to see that match? So they had the journey go from SS (introduction of the quest) to RR (initiation) to NWO (probable downfall) to WM (redemption).

Guest Anglesault
..And they got him back.

Correction. Angle did. And he (Brock) almost fought off four men.

By the time WM comes around who would really want to see that match?

There ARE marks who don't want to see a match because they know what will happen, right? They might say "Angle never got an offensive move in, I know who's winning, I'm not spending 59.45 or whatever they're charging this month to see that. Remember, last month's Mania main event hurt partly because of how poorly the feud was done. There is a difference between trying to keep that apart and not having huge encounters (What I THINK you are saying) and having the challenger just totally write off the champion.

That is too much time to allow Brock and Angle to not 'get it on' in the ring

I don't understand how Brock manhandling Angle is better than having them fight early and letting Kurt get offense. If they fought early and Kurt looked decent, people might be more interested int he feud. As is, Kurt looks like shit, anyone he beats looks like shit, and Mania is not even a question.