TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Your Olympic Hero

A big "what if"

Guest Your Olympic Hero

Let's say Austin turned into the Stone Cold persona in WCW instead of jumping to the WWF.. where would the business be now?

Depends if he'd joined the nWo or fought the nWo i guess.

The WWE would not have taken off so much, and WCW would have still tailed off with Bisch in charge, maybe the company's would have around the same, unless Austin had signed with the WWE around the time the Guerrero's jumped ship, both getting around 4.0 ratings is my guess.

Guest Damn You Helmsley

I'm sure WCW would have discovered other ways of shooting themselves in the foot and wasting Turner's money.

Course they would, they'd have put Stone Cold on EVERY show doing the SAME thing.

The difference is, the WWE had better storylines than WCW, so even if they did have him, they wouldn't have been able to use him, and they would have jobbed him to Meng..

EDIT

-------

If they had Stone Cold, there would have been no Goldberg (or no monstor push at least).

Guest saturnmark4life

Yes, he would start out feuding with the NWO, then join, then repeat that about 68 times until he got some helf-assed 'new' gimmick where he wore a coat or something. The big question is, who would have carried the WWF instead? And could they have been as much of a success?

Guest Ram

Austin really doesn't fit in with WCW's main eventers.

I figure he'd probably fail his push when none of his feuds got over.

Hmm..

You all got to realize that back in 94, when Hogan came in, he basically saw everyone and said that him and his friends would be the only ones that mattered. So Austin was jobbed to Jim FUCKING DUGGAN and he was basically fired when he went to Japan, got hurt, and failed to tell WCW about it. If Hogan hadn't have come in, there is no doubt in my mind that he would have been one of the centerpieces of that organization. Of course, we all knew how that went. Austin got himself over, and then got himself to the top of the company, and because of what happened to him in WCW, he stayed on top for as long as he could.

There's little doubt in my mind that Austin would have become much bigger than he was in WCW had Hogan not arrived.

Who was Flair originally supposed to work with at Starrcade 93 before Sid went all psycho with the scissors? Austin. The wheels were in motion to make him a main eventer. And eventhough the Starrcade bout fell through, Austin did dominate the U.S. title scene throughout 94 - fending off everyone from Ricky Steamboat to the Great Muta. Not too shabby.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
I know

Would have been Shawn Michaels, as Austin would not have beaten him at Mania, DX would have gotten bigger and bigger, and HHH would have gotten ME status even faster

Except Michaels suffered his career ending injury against the Undertaker at the Royal Rumble, even before the match with Austin. He would have had to job the title to someone else.

Guest bob_barron

I thought Flair was supposed to team with Steamboat and take on the Nasty Boys. Austin taking on Dustin makes sense since they were feuding at the time

I thought Flair was supposed to team with Steamboat and take on the Nasty Boys. Austin taking on Dustin makes sense since they were feuding at the time

Sting was to have teamed with Steamboat.

Throughout November, Flair and Austin had numerous confrontations. Matter of fact, Sid Vicious' last bout before he went scissors-happy was Sid / Flair vs. Vader / Austin.

Then at the Clash of the Champions which took place after the TV taping (although it was shown before), had Flair almost beating Vader. Then after the decision, guess who does the run in? Austin.

10 days after the Clash was Battlebowl. Guess what two mean are teamed up but can't quite get along? Flair and Austin. They advance to the battle royal where both are in the final four.

After Havoc, Austin really had nothing to do with Rhodes. He put Pillman behind him at the Clash and was on the verge of something big with Flair.

Rhodes, meanwhile, was in the middle of a feud with Paul Orndorff that also involved Dusty and the Assassin.