TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JangoFett4Hire

Death toll raised to 39 at RI Club Fire...

Guest converge241

"I was just watching the Local news here, and they were showing some local band who played there a few times and they were showing the band using Pyro. Even the singer was saying the Club Owners use to push them to use pyro to entertain the fans.

The news also showed that KISS Tribute band using their Pyro.

At least people are stepping up and not letting the band take all the blame. "

im so glad stuff ive been saying (here and to people and to the news themselves) is coming to the forefront on the news

based on the proof that the owners let people use it its more their fault because a cigareet could have lit it..the band just happened to be the random agent that caused it but its based on the owners negligence

Guest converge241

what a swell guyWARWICK, R.I. - A 25-year-old West Warwick man was to be arraigned Wednesday after he allegedly told authorities his girlfriend was missing after last week's nightclub fire so he could get a free meal and phone calls.

State Police Maj. John Leyden Jr. said Jeremy Howell, 25, went to a family help center at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Warwick the day after the fire, and told police he and his girlfriend had attended the Great White show.

Howell said he escaped the blaze, but had not found his girlfriend, whom he identified as Jessica Simpson, police said. Howell told authorities she was 24 and from North Kingstown.

The American Red Cross fed Howell and let him make phone calls from a bank of cellular telephones the agency had made available to victims' families or friends.

Detectives from West Warwick and the state police tried to find Simpson but couldn't locate anyone by that name. They also discovered "discrepancies" in phone numbers Howell gave them to contact him, Leyden said.

Police said Howell, after he was questioned on Tuesday, admitted he made up the story.

"He had some money issues, and he took advantage of a system that was directed toward victims and their families," Leyden said.

Howell faces two counts of obtaining property under false pretenses, one count of filing a false document, and one count of obstruction of a police and fire investigation.

Howell was to be arraigned in District Court in Warwick.

Guest converge241

its pretty funny that they guy thought he could do it to solve his "cash problems" ..i mean it shouldnt take a genius to figure out that the names and the bodies would be under scrutiny

i guess this explains why they had more names than dead and alive bodies accounted for