TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

It'll happen next week, I'm sure of it!

Guest Anglesault

Are you all finally willing to admit that I was right from day one and that this Angle/Lesnar feud is a total wash? If not, WHAT THE FUCK is it gonna take for that to happen? When will you give up?

Guest Kotzenjunge

You know, just because saying that you're right will make you even worse and irritating, I'll say that Angle's winning at Wrestlemania now.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I'll say Heyman tries to screw over Kurt, making this the dumbest and most redundant conspiracy theory since The Higher Power but oh well...

Guest Anglesault
If Angle wins at WM, then I sure as hell hope that Booker T beats Hunter Hearst Hogan so that they'll make up for the heel victory of Angle.

Kurt won't win. He'll get some token jobber offense while Brock laughs until Brock finally decides to end it.

If Angle wins at WM, then I sure as hell hope that Booker T beats Hunter Hearst Hogan so that they'll make up for the heel victory of Angle.

Kurt won't win. He'll get some token jobber offense while Brock laughs until Brock finally decides to end it.

Yeah, they'll probably want to keep things even for the fans. Besides, we all know that Hella Huge Honker will NEVER job the World Title at Mania, and he'll convince Steph, Gewirtz, & Vince to have Lesnar beat Angle so that HHH can beat Booker.

Guest Angle-plex

For the Smackdown before Wrestlemania, I'm predicting that Angle hits Brock with a chair or something, just so they can say "Angle is the favorite going into Wrestlemania~". Then we'll get Ivory/Chyna II, with Angle playing Ivory, and Brocky playing Chyna.

Just like Jericho last year~!

Guest Anglesault
For the Smackdown before Wrestlemania, I'm predicting that Angle hits Brock with a chair or something, just so they can say "Angle is the favorite going into Wrestlemania~". Then we'll get Ivory/Chyna II, with Angle playing Ivory, and Brocky playing Chyna.

That's not true. Ivory at least got some offense in on chyna leading up, had an injury advantage, and pinned her at the Rumble.

Guest BobbyWhioux

It's the wrestlemania world title feud. OF COURSE its a wash.

The Challenger Wins The Royal Rumble and Beats The Champion at Wrestlemania.

It's the way it always is.**

Expecting Brock to not go all over Kurt is like expecting to wake and see the sun rise in the west, do a double loop de loop in the middle of the sky, zig zag back toward the western horizion and set back where it started.

It does not happen.

Yeah, I'd rather see Kurt successfully retain; Kurt Angle is just about my favorite character and wrestler, I'm a big fan of just about everything he touches and I don't ever like seeing him lose. But I'm not going to torture myself with denial and delusions of him having any chance at all [short of a sudden, tragic death or career ending injury to Brock Lesnar the morning of Wrestlemania] of keeping the belt through Wrestlemania 19. Hey, at least it's better this time around than two years ago, when they had him drop the belt to The Rock a month before WM17 so that Rocky could job to Austin [again] at Wrestlemania. At least Kurt gets to go in as champ this time...

But if you want Kurt to walk out of WM as the world champ, you're gonna have to turn him face and wait till next year. At least.

[** = Yes, I am aware of that certain exception at Wrestlemania 16. Just work with me here, mmkay? Besides, HHH isn't involved this time...]

Guest TheCynicalHateMongerFromHell

AS is right, this fued has been booker horribly. Team Angle has become so boring.

Guest The Hamburglar

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah, competitively, the feud is somewhat fucked, but screw it, I don't give a shit. I'm just loving Brock smashing all, its great fun. Besides, the match will be overshadowed by Austin/Rock/Goldberg/Whoever anyway, so don't lose sleep. Why should I care as long as I get LESNAR~!/BENOIT~! teaming? They own all of your asses. Benoit was crushing Team Angle just as much as Brock, and I was loving it.

Guest Dmann2000
But I'm not going to torture myself with denial and delusions of him having any chance at all [short of a sudden, tragic death or career ending injury to Brock Lesnar the morning of Wrestlemania]

Don't give AS any ideas

Guest Anglesault
It's the wrestlemania world title feud. OF COURSE its a wash.

The Challenger Wins The Royal Rumble and Beats The Champion at Wrestlemania.

It's the way it always is.**

Expecting Brock to not go all over Kurt is like expecting to wake and see the sun rise in the west, do a double loop de loop in the middle of the sky, zig zag back toward the western horizion and set back where it started.

It does not happen.

Yeah, I'd rather see Kurt successfully retain; Kurt Angle is just about my favorite character and wrestler, I'm a big fan of just about everything he touches and I don't ever like seeing him lose. But I'm not going to torture myself with denial and delusions of him having any chance at all [short of a sudden, tragic death or career ending injury to Brock Lesnar the morning of Wrestlemania] of keeping the belt through Wrestlemania 19. Hey, at least it's better this time around than two years ago, when they had him drop the belt to The Rock a month before WM17 so that Rocky could job to Austin [again] at Wrestlemania. At least Kurt gets to go in as champ this time...

But if you want Kurt to walk out of WM as the world champ, you're gonna have to turn him face and wait till next year. At least.

[** = Yes, I am aware of that certain exception at Wrestlemania 16. Just work with me here, mmkay? Besides, HHH isn't involved this time...]

I think this is the message board equivalent of a half listener. Winning was never the point. Looking credible was.

Guest Anglesault
I don't give a shit. I'm just loving Brock smashing all, its great fun.

Nothing more fun than wasting Angle in favor of some guy who can't hold his jock. I hate this feud and this company.

Guest BobbyWhioux

But everybody knows what's coming.

It's hard to make him look credible (i.e. make it believable that Kurt could actually win) when everybody* knows he won't. No one will believe he can win until/unless after he actually has won.

I would argue that just about any "up moment" for Angle against Lesnar will feel like the token "leave guy laying on the smackdown before the PPV" moment. So overused and cliche an attempt at making it look like "Oh my goodness this bad guy might win!" that it in fact sends the opposite message to the veteran fan; as soon as one sees it, one knows the laid out guy will win on PPV.

[* = I don't literally mean everybody, of course. But I'm referring to a vast majority -- at least on this forum -- who has watched WWE programming long enough to be able to cynically predict most results of the big matches.]

Guest Shaneomac

I wouldn't be surprised if Brock wins at WrestleMania, but then Kurt beats him in a rematch at Backlash.

Guest The Hamburglar
I don't give a shit.  I'm just loving Brock smashing all, its great fun.

Nothing more fun than wasting Angle in favor of some guy who can't hold his jock. I hate this feud and this company.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Stick this in your pipe and smoke it - Brock has been a better wrestler in his first ten months in the WWE then Angle was, people just over-looked Angle's in-ring deficiencies because he was so good on the mic. Angle only really started to become a great wrestler at the beginning of 2001 in his Raw match with Austin. His ring work up to then was somewhat formulaic. Besides, Brock SMASHES. Enjoy the carnage boy, its a sight to see. Or you could watch early to mid 90s AJPW and whine that "poor Kawada never beats Misawa, this feud sucks, waaaaaaaaaa."

Guest Dangerous A

I am surrendering to AS after yesterday's 5 man tag. They effectively buried Kurt and TA last night. For them to go 2 on 3 and win clean is utter shit. If they went with a surprise replacement for Edge and TA jobbed, I could see them at least giving a half assed excuse like "we were prepared for Brock, Benoit, and Edge. Not Eddy/Rey/Rhyno" Pretty soon Angle will be scooping Heyman or Steph's dogshit.

Guest Anglesault

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Stick this in your pipe and smoke it - Brock has been a better wrestler in his first ten months ."

Yeah, because he had a ***+ match in...August? And then. Yeah.

(No Blood doesn't add multiple stars to hell in a cell)

and Bobby, It is THEIR JOB to do whatever it takes to make it look like Angle can win.

And at what point did "Bury Angle" become a viable option?

Guest BiOHaZaRD EX

Well, Idon't know. It could either go both ways. What if Angle does win at WMX9?

Guest The Hamburglar

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Stick this in your pipe and smoke it - Brock has been a better wrestler in his first ten months ."

Yeah, because he had a ***+ match in...August? And then. Yeah.

(No Blood doesn't add multiple stars to hell in a cell)

and Bobby, It is THEIR JOB to do whatever it takes to make it look like Angle can win.

And at what point did "Bury Angle" become a viable option?

And Angle's great matches prior to 2001 are...? Hmmm? You lack understanding of the Cell match's greatness, but 'tis to be expected. Blah blah bury Angle. Just reconcile yourself that it can't be as bad as what happened to Jericho and maybe you'll avoid a vicious heart attack.

Guest creativename
But everybody knows what's coming.

It's hard to make him look credible (i.e. make it believable that Kurt could actually win) when everybody* knows he won't.  No one will believe he can win until/unless after he actually has won.

I would argue that just about any "up moment" for Angle against Lesnar will feel like the token "leave guy laying on the smackdown before the PPV" moment.  So overused and cliche an attempt at making it look like "Oh my goodness this bad guy might win!" that it in fact sends the opposite message to the veteran fan; as soon as one sees it, one knows the laid out guy will win on PPV.

[* = I don't literally mean everybody, of course.  But I'm referring to a vast majority -- at least on this forum -- who has watched WWE programming long enough to be able to cynically predict most results of the big matches.]

You're totally missing the point. Of course Angle is losing, we've known that ever since he beat Big Show. Actually, he has more shot at winning now than before, according to WWE logic.

The fact is that if this feud had been somewhat even at this point, it would be far more interesting, give Angle some cred, and most importantly draw more money. It wouldn't have mattered so much that Lesnar winning was a foregone conclusion; it would still have been good. As it is, Angle will be heavily damaged goods coming out of it, and while Lesnar looks great he probably won't have the emotional involvement with fans that he would've if he'd overcome some strife.

And remember, many marks wouldn't have been sure that Lesnar was winning if the feud was more even.

Guest creativename
Just reconcile yourself that it can't be as bad as what happened to Jericho and maybe you'll avoid a vicious heart attack.

Yeah, huge consolation there :lol:

Guest The Hamburglar
Just reconcile yourself that it can't be as bad as what happened to Jericho and maybe you'll avoid a vicious heart attack.

Yeah, huge consolation there :lol:

Funny thing is, the Jericho feud totally fucked Triple H as well through its shittyness. At least both men in this year's feud aren't looking like tossers. Haggling over a dog? What kind of mega-face behaviour is that?

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Man... I remember saying that pre-WM last year and getting roasted by a few people...