TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldschoolwrestling

HHH was at Raw

Guest oldschoolwrestling

The word making the rounds was that HHH was indeed at Raw last night but an appearance was not written into the TV show. The line of thinking was that since the gist of the show was to put over Rock now being on Raw, the "great one" was given the show's spotlight.

1wrestling.com

Did he actually do something for the good of the company???

Guest the 1inch punch

My guess is he wanted to see could they do it, if the ratings were low, he can say that he IS the star, etc

You'll noticxe that Orton was on the stick as well

Guest candie45

He probably just wanted to sit back and see if Rock's entrance *really* rivaled his in length. And so he could be on next week and take credit for the rating.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

1)Hunter just got engaged to Steph - he has to make up for it by doin things 'for the boys' so wrestlers don't start pissin and moanin to Vince.

2)The show was to build up booker and set up a match at WM. The bigger built up Booker is, the better the heat HHH gets when he beats him.

Guest NoSelfWorth

Plus neither The Rock or Booker T are any possible threat to his spot, so he has no need to try an upstage them, and not doing so makes him look like a team player.

Guest §uperÛnknown
The show was to build up booker and set up a match at WM. The bigger built up Booker is, the better the heat HHH gets when he beats him.

"when"? And you know this is etched in stone, how?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Um, it's booker. It's HHH. It's wrestlemania.

It's not really so much etched in stone as it is written on the wall.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Some people just can't get it through their heads.

How do you know Booker won't win?

Huh?

Huh?

So what if he pinned HHH last week out of nowhere in a tag match and then was made to look real strong.

This is obviously the WWE resipe for title push.

Come on!

Just like RVD and Kane! BIG STARS THEM!

Guest §uperÛnknown
Um, it's booker.  It's HHH.  It's wrestlemania.

It's not really so much etched in stone as it is written on the wall.

Then perhaps I'm just an optimist, or deluded, but for some reason I think he'll win.

Guest JMA

Maybe Vince will let Booker win since Triple H is injured. It's unlikely, but it's our best shot.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I thought that would have caused HHH to lose sometime in the past few months...since he's been injured every one of them.

Plus...this is WrestleMania. HHH wins. Or at the very least gets the title back by Backlash.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Do you think Brock will win?

I just can't see them having two title changes.

I *can* see HHH saying to Vince,

"Hey dad, Booker shouldn't get the win at WM - it will be overshadowed by Brock winning, and Austin/Rock and all that stuff. No one will really care about it as much as they would if his winning were a main focus of the PPV. If he loses, then all the fans will feel really bad for him and I will ignore him for a few weeks - you know, because I already beat him barely, and want no part of him - and he will have to work his way back up, so when we have another match - say at judgement day or backlash - him winning is all that more special."

...and then HHH will tear a quad.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Given the booking going in so far it certainly seems that HHH and Kurt Angle are both going to retain.

Everyone remember that as they scramble to make someone new look weak after blowing it for months (coughBrockcough).

Guest nikowwf

HHH is stupid...the best thing he could do right now is lose to Booker T. He needs to present some vulnerability in his character. He needs to get people to believe in his stable, not just HHH and two guys who need him badly. Losing, then maybe getting the title back and going back and forth with Booker T and a few guys and getting credible opponents and allowing himself to be able to LOSE so people care about his feuds. He's a heel who never loses...the fun in that is very little.

niko

Guest papacita

I dunno...the way they've been booking the Angle/Brock feud is giving me the impression that they may keep the title on Kurt at Wrestlemania. If that's the case, Booker will win.

Given the booking going in so far it certainly seems that HHH and Kurt Angle are both going to retain.

Everyone remember that as they scramble to make someone new look weak after blowing it for months (coughBrockcough).

If that happens, then this will be the worst Mania ever.

Why do I have the feeling that I'll no longer be watching WWE after WM?

Guest iamsherm
Some people just can't get it through their heads.

How do you know Booker won't win?

Huh?

Huh?

So what if he pinned HHH last week out of nowhere in a tag match and then was made to look real strong.

This is obviously the WWE resipe for title push.

Come on!

Just like RVD and Kane!  BIG STARS THEM!

This kind of discussion makes me happy.

Honestly, none of us "know" if Triple H will win and none of us "know" if Booker T will win. This kind of unpredictability in a title match is something the WWE has desperately needed for a while now. Call me an optimist too, but if they play their cards right (and hopefully have Booker T win), this could be one of many catalysts to getting the ratings back on track.

The word making the rounds was that HHH was indeed at Raw last night but an appearance was not written into the TV show.  The line of thinking was that since the gist of the show was to put over Rock now being on Raw, the "great one" was given the show's spotlight.  

1wrestling.com

Did he actually do something for the good of the company???

I can see it now:

HHH: VINNNNNCE, I want you to make Rock my bitch ala Austin when he heel turned last year!

Vince: No. Rock is going to be a solitary heel and feuding with Austin. In fact you're not going to be on Raw tonight so that we can have Rock give the rubes the hard sell for his WM match with Austin AND set up your WM match with Booker.

HHH (whining al Cartman on South Park): BUT VINNNNNNCE, I NEED TO LEECH OFF ROCK'S HEEL HEAT OR PEOPLE WON'T THINK I CAN DRAAAWWWW....

Vince (suddenly enraged): SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU BLUE-COLLAR PLEBEIAN OR I'LL FORBID MY DAUGHTER TO MARRY YOU!

HHH (in a meak tone, as if Vince has seriously hurt him and put in his place): Yes sir.....

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

As big as Vince's hardon for HHH is......it's bigger for The Rock........thank god.

Guest HartFan86

Angle needs to retain, Booker needs to win. They can still do Angle/Lesnar II at Summerslam as the blowoff, where they should have Lesnar the heel (back with Heyman) and Angle face.

Guest subliminal_animal
How did HHH do the right thing? It doesn't say that the decision to keep him off the show was his decision to make.

But if reports of his pull are accurate, it was a decision he should've been able to dispute.

So maybe he didn't have any say at all, maybe he decided this was for the best, maybe he has ulterior motives, or maybe he was just put in his place.

Guest Polish_Rifle

i don't know why he did it but I'm happy that he was not on Raw.

It was afterall, the Rock's show.