TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheBostonStrangler

SJL Metal Card (3/4)!

Guest TheBostonStrangler

SJL WRATH FOR MARCH 4, 2003!

Due Date: Tuesday @ 5 PM EST

Send To: LDP (Longdogger_Pete)

One note: I know that some markers have been allowing extensions for certain people. I’d just like to remind them that our official policy is that we don’t accept extensions. If you want to give them out, then fine. But if you do, I suggest incurring some sort of penalty. For example, in my matches (which I grade out of 100 points), I subtract 2 points for every hour the match is late. I’d ask that wrestlers try and get their matches in on time and stop putting them off till the last minute, and that the markers try and discourage extensions so shows can go up earlier. And now on with the show!

OPENING PROMO

JANUS SPEAKS!!!!

Janus came up with a HUGE triumph on SJL Crimson, winning the World Title from Mike Van Siclen in a brutal Canadian Deathmatch. Coming off one of the most brutal and hard-fought matches the SJL has ever seen, Janus has been given the show off from competition. Instead, he’ll speak on his plans for the title, and the return of the JL M7 to power. Go wild with this one, big guy. You earned it.

SINGLES MATCH

David Blazenwing vs. Geddion

David Blazenwing made an impressive impact early in his SJL career, defeating three other men. One of those men was Geddion, who wants some revenge against the man who defeated him on Crimson. Therefore, the two of them square off and stuff. Hey, this isn’t rocket science, people.

RULES: Straight singles match. DQ/countout in effect.

WORD COUNT: 3507

SEND TO: WrestlingDeacon

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

Christian Blackwell vs. Quiet Death vs. Aaron Carpenter

These three men are floating around the SJL midcard right now, with different stories. Aaron Carpenter, fresh out of training camp, lost to Aecas in his debut match. Meanwhile, Quiet Death tasted defeat in his four corners match from the last show, ultimately losing to David Blazengame. And finally, Christian Blackwell dropped to Omega Storm in the semifinals of the TV Title tournament. All three men will square off here, looking to get a step up on their competition and make a move towards the upper card.

RULES: Triple threat match. All three men in the ring at once. First pinfall/submission wins the match. DQ is in effect, countout is NOT in effect.

WORD COUNT:4000

SEND TO:Annie_Eclectic

SINGLES MATCH

Tryst vs. “Dark Rebel” Terry Wayne

These two men were participants in the SJL Title Tournament, with Terry Wayne dropping his first round match, while Tryst managed to last until the semifinals, where he fell to Fosta. Now these two men square off in an attempt to distinguish themselves from the pack.

RULES: Straight singles match. DQ/countout in effect.

WORD COUNT: 3500

SEND TO: Thoth

SJL TV TITLE MATCH

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

Omega Storm vs. Fosta

These two men have survived from the initial field of 8, and now they finally get to do battle for the ultimate n00b prize: The SJL TV Title. Can Omega Storm complete his turnaround and win the SJL Title, or will Fosta continue his surprising run to his first taste of SJL gold? These men will have to go above and beyond the call of duty, however, as they fight for the TV Title in a Last Man Standing match. The man who leaves the arena with the newly-reinstated gold will have earned this strap.

RULES: No DQ/countout. To win, you must put your opponent down for a 10 count somewhere inside the arena.

WORD COUNT: 5000

SEND TO: Longdogger_Pete

SINGLES MATCH

Crow vs. Aecas

Crow has had some issues with Janus in the past, including a run-in after his big title win on Crimson. However, Crow will have to wait to go after Janus, who has the night off. Instead, he fights Aecas, who picked up a HUGE win over Aaron Carpenter on Crimson. Can Aecas keep the ball rolling, or will he be just another victim to Crow and his Australian ANGER~! and INTENSITY~!?

RULES: Straight singles match. DQ/countout in effect

WORD COUNT: 4500

SEND TO: Tod deKindes

SINGLES MATCH

NON-TITLE MATCH

Sean Atlas© vs. Thor

These two men have been on rolls lately, although Sean Atlas stumbled on Crimson, dropping to Spike Jenkins in the first loss of his short career. However, he still has his Euro Title, and still will after tonight. He squares off against Thor, who defeated Va’aiga on Crimson, in a non-title match. Will the unstoppable rookie or the giant God of Thunder walk out of this one the winner?

RULES: DQ/countout in effect. Normal singles rules.

WORD COUNT: 4500

SEND TO: TheBostonStrangler

MAIN EVENT

GAUNTLET MATCH

“Hollywood” Spike Jenkins vs. Va’aiga/Matt Myers/Mike Van Siclen

Spike Jenkins achieved fame in the SJL one month ago, when he appeared all over a show, then fought a huge gauntlet match, which he won. Now, after snapping a losing streak against the previously-undefeated European Champion Sean Atlas on Crimson, he has decided to go back and run the gauntlet once again. He recruited three men to fight him on Crimson, including former SJL Champions Mike Van Siclen and Matt Myers. Can Spike duplicate his amazing success of a month ago, or is he doomed to a lousy sequel (like Scream 3)?

RULES: Va’aiga will enter first, and fight Spike Jenkins. If Spike defeats Va’aiga by pinfall, submission, or DQ, then Myers enters. If Myers is defeated by Spike, then MVS enters. To win, Spike must beat all three men consecutively. If Va’aiga or Myers beats Spike, then the match is ended immediately. All men must write matches. DQ/countout are in effect

WORD COUNT: 7500

SEND TO: realitycheck

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

If Hollywood loses, I'll rub it in his face, forever.

Meanwhile, Janus is to the SWF what Ace Frehley is to KISS. And I mean that in a good way.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Let me mention again that it's WrestlingDeacon all one word with no underscore. Sorry about the confusion.

Guest hhh6294

...and let me mention that Ejiro and I both feel that Gauntlet matches are almost always pointless.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

The one time I'm not around...

Guest Ace309

So Aaron Carpenter is fresh out of training camp, eh?

This is the first I've heard of that.

Guest Freakish_Twist_Of_Fate

This is too wierd...

But, I guess I'll be giving it the old college try.

Blackwell, I seriously owe you somehow.

Guest Death by Numbers

Four --> triple threat, well, should it be easier? Dont know, going to do my very best though, just like I said before, going to step it up a notch.

Now I can see how difficult writing these things are. I really thought it was easier, but I shot my self in the BUTT. Now I'm focus, and now I'm going to do something different.

Um, people can you please read my match and see what was wrong with it, I really thought it was quite good, maybe not the best work, but thought it was enough for a victory.

Thank you.

DBN

Now I can see how difficult writing these things are. I really thought it was easier, but I shot my self in the BUTT.

Just keep writing, is my view. Look at what you wrote, then what the winner(s) wrote, and compare notes. Then on your next match, write something that's more improved than your last match.

That's all there is to it, really. Oh, and liking to improve. ;)

Guest Death by Numbers

The thing is that, I did look of what I wrote and what the winner wrote, and I still found my match a tad better.

Not taking anything away from Blazenwing (Sorry if I mispelled it) but it seems that his match was a tad rushed.

In no way would I pull of my finisher in the beginning of the match, and in some parts he had the announcers saying (Oh my god, he just hit that) without him describing it, what was going on when he hit it and what not.

That's just my point of view.

He did write a good match, just thought that mines was a tad better. Although I think there's still room for improvement.

Thank you

DBN

Guest Pa|adin

Hopefully I can trim down the entrances so I can get in a good 3000 odd words of match time. :(

Hopefully I have shaken off my no showing ways though. :)

Guest Dace59

DBN, I think your match might have been a little lop sided towards you maybe.

Try PMing your marker and asking. They should give feed back.

Guest Picture Perfect

my match was lots shoerter than i wanted it to be...ah well. best of luck all :)

Guest Ace309

Geddion, it's considered poor protocol to ask when the shows are going to be up. No harm, no foul, but the bookers and markers sometimes take a little longer than we expect to and don't particularly like to be rushed.

Generally they go up in the evening.

Guest The Last Free Voice
:ph34r: sorry. didn't know that. I only asked because I am exited , didn't mean to sound impatiant. Sorry again. :bonk:

Guest The Last Free Voice

okay, cool. man I'm geeked for the show tho, i think i may win. :D

Guest Death by Numbers

::Just finished seeing what Tom had to say::

When is the show going to come up?

:blossom: :firedevil:

Guest Ace309

Back in your cage, leaguer! :D

(Note to JLers: Calling JLers 'leaguer' as a joke is a longstanding tradition of playfully joshing JLers. No real offense is meant.)

Sign in to follow this