TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nevermortal

The Most Difficult Games....Ever

Guest Nevermortal

I'll nominate two. One from now, and one from the past.

From the "Games You Liked But Others Didn't" thread, comes Dead to Rights. If any of you have played it on XBox, you'll understand. This game is VERY VERY difficult. You're frequently outnumbered, understocked in bullets, and are constantly being fired upon by enemies who just don't seem to have a clip of bullets that end. But, through this difficulty comes a very large challenge. You actually feel good that you beat it, at least I did.

Now, from the past. BIGFOOT. This game was impossible to play. I'm serious too. No matter what you did, NOTHING RESPONDED! You were supposed to frantically press the A & B buttons to make your car advance, but IT NEVER EVER FUCKING WORKED! You usually ended up throwing your controller at the wall in a fit of rage and then walking out of the room, looking to punch the nearest wall. Of course, it was made by the purveyor of the suck, Acclaim.

Guest Mad Dog

7th Saga for the SNES. Hardest RPG I've ever played. Never in my life has the first enemy I've fought wiped the floor with me.

Bigfoot was challenging but it was beatable.

Guest Nevermortal
7th Saga for the SNES. Hardest RPG I've ever played. Never in my life has the first enemy I've fought wiped the floor with me.

You actually beat Bigfoot? I bestow upon you the title of Master Video Gamer.

Guest Lightning Flik
7th Saga for the SNES.  Hardest RPG I've ever played.  Never in my life has the first enemy I've fought wiped the floor with me.

You actually beat Bigfoot? I bestow upon you the title of Master Video Gamer.

Yo dude. When I used to love Bigfoot, I bought the game, and although it was really difficult, it WAS possible to beat it. Yet, I can never play fighting games since that day on (less it be Street Fight 2 Turbo) as it forevermore made me a button mashing freak.

I can't really say any new games are difficult. If they have flaws, then those really are flaws with the game. But in most cases I can sit down and plug away at anything in the new generation systems that are currently out today.

I will agree though that Dead to Rights does bring about a certain sense of fun, since you are really out numbered and out gunned. Yet, sometimes too much so.

Edit: Most difficult game Shadowgate on Nintendo. You can all proceed to laugh at me.

Guest Mad Dog

I'll agree on the orginal Megaman game.

I'm the only person that I know that has beaten it more than once.

Guest Renegade
I'll agree on the orginal Megaman game.

I'm the only person that I know that has beaten it more than once.

I finished it once and never EVER touched the game again.

Guest Downhome

Dead to Rights wasn't really hard, but rather, just boring as fuck. It felt like you were doing the same thing over and over again. What most saw as hard, I just saw as borring, I hated that game. Besides...

...the final boss, he just might be one of the top EASIEST bosses, of all time, in ANY video game.

If we are going to talk hard, just talk about the old school games. There aren't many truly "hard" games made today, and that pisses me off. Wait, I know one...

...Contra: Shattered Soldier for the PS2, hard as hell. The hardest game I've played on any system, since the 16bit age.

Guest Downhome

While Mike Tyson's Punch Out finally became easy to me, to this day I have never been able to find Mike Tyson himself, ANYTHING but hard. To be honest, I've never beat him, ever.

I beat the original Mega Man back in the day, and once you learn the order to do the stages in, it gets much easier, especially if you rack up a lot of lives in the stages, which isn't all that hard, as long as you shoot everything, and sometimes stay in one spot and shoot things over and over again, to get those extra lives.

I remember the day I learned to beat Cut Man without being hit once, and where to stand in one spot and just jump and you get him, that was a happy day indeed, lol.

Guest wwF1587

i agree with the first megaman... i beat it once and i havent even looked at it.. i still have it somewhere but i refuse to play it again... to fustrating

Guest Will Scarlet

I agree with Mike Tyson's punchout. I never did beat Tyson; however I think I did actually end up beating Bigfoot after a lot of work.

As for me, I will add an old Nintendo game called L'Empereur to this. It took me five years to beat this game. It wasn't exactly hard, but I do not think any game has ever taken me that long to beat.

Guest Downhome

I could sit here and list tons of old school games if I really thought about it. Hell, even the first Contra game (or any "good" Contra game) is pretty hard if you never use a code.

Guest Cavi

3 Count Bout for the Neo is probably the hardest game I have ever played. You cannot even win like one freakin' grapple.

Guest Downhome

Just chiming in with another one. I think Ghosts & Goblins is one of the hardest games of all time as well.

Guest Renegade

How could I forget ghouls and goblins? Agreed on that, the game actually waits for you to make mistakes.

Guest mw679

For NES, one word: Battletoads. That game drove me nuts. I think I broke the most controllers on that game.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Ghosts & Goblins and its sequels are the hardest games that I have ever played.

Guest redbaron51

Splinter Cell is difficult at times...not all the times, but most of the times..i throw the controller at the tv

Guest CED Ordonez

SNES: Super Ghosts and Goblins. Holy crap, the game was so hard that I could barely beat that game even with an f'n Game Genie.

Second place goes to Contra for the NES. That game is damn near impossible to beat without the trusty Konami Code.

Guest Nevermortal
Splinter Cell is difficult at times...not all the times, but most of the times..i throw the controller at the tv

Really? I didn't think it was all that hard. Sure, there were some parts where one might say "What in the blue hell am I gonna do" but usually you get around it. Just gotta be patient.

Guest Special K

I think PS2 Contra is almost as hard as the original.

Bayou Billy is pure death. I think I got to the 3rd regular enemy ONCE.

Mega Man is hard, but beatable.

RPGs: 7th Saga indeed. I remember taking forever to be able to beat this one boss, only to walk out the cave and have the first normal enemy be just as hard, and kick my sorry ass. Warsong (Langrisser), is the toughest strat RPG I've ever played, and I've played plenty. Phantasy Star II will always be an old school bitch.

If you think SNES Shadowrun is hard, you haven't played the Genesis vesion.

CYBERNOID: Fuck this game, it may not be as hard as bayou Billy, but it's damn close. what a festering NES load.

Devil May Cry: Dante must die mode.

Oh, and King's Field due to the numerous fuck ups and bugs.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I never found Bayou Billy THAT hard. The worst part was the driving sections which would kill you quick if you weren't careful.

Guest caboose

I could never complete the first 'Double Dragon' and 'Alex Kidd In Miracle World'.

I lost months to those games but I just couldn't best them.

Guest Sakura

Contra: Hard Corps for Genesis is like impossible. You have to memorize sooo many boss patterns.