TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldschoolwrestling

Jeremy Borash

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Greetings from the TNA offices, where we are looking ahead to a huge night of action this Wednesday. With that said, on to the news...

I would classify my night at the Asylum as one of the most surreal nights in my professional career, right up there with the infamous Bash at the Beach incident, and the time I saw Curtis Hughes wrestle in an S&M club in Atlanta. Weird indeed. From the mysterious power outage to the Moondog Spot appearance that no one, including the wrestlers in the ring and the announcers, were smartened up about, it was a wild night indeed. Words can't do justice to the feeling one gets when a large shirtless bearded Grizzly Adams-like man swinging a cartoon sized dog bone walks onto your set unannounced on live television. I do know that a few in our company take pride in throwing us off our game from time to time to keep us on our toes, but that is ridiculous. Where will this go from here? Let's hope on his next visit he doesn't decide to hump someone's leg. That would be wrong.

I've been very high on Johnny Storm since I first saw him, and this Wednesday night you will get to see him make his U.S. national television debut for the NWA X-Division. Storm is one of the best performers to ever come out of England, and I can't wait to see how he does this Wednesday night.

With AJ Styles and Raven both after a world title shot against Jeff Jarrett, this Wednesday night should be especially interesting.

Jeff Jarrett and TNA Execs had a very productive time in Las Vegas last weekend. Meetings were held with several television brass. While in Vegas, Jarrett also appeared at the Roy Jones fight, and the Nascar Race.

Guess who is a big TNA fan? Shaquille O'Neal met up with the NWA Champion at Studio 54 in Las Vegas Saturday night and told Jeff he is a big fan of TNA, and gets the PPVs every week. Also seen in Vegas that weekend was O.J. Simpson.

Had a great time Tuesday night at BAR NASHVILLE for the search for the new Miss TNA girl contest took place. I was joined by Goldylocks in hosting the event, as well as Mike Sanders, America's Most Wanted, Ron Harris, April, Lollipop, and Sandman who were all on hand. We will be doing this contest every Tuesday night in the month of March.

What a fantastic match Super Crazy and Jerry Lynn had this last Wednesday night. This week, Konnan has something very interesting planned for Jerry Lynn.

TNA Xplosion now airs in Florence, Alabama at 2pm on Saturday afternoons. You can also see TNA Xplosion in Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and several other major markets on Tuesday nights. The show has been a very useful tool in driving people to the PPV.

I enjoyed the Sandman / Raven match immensely. The visual of it all really made it a novelty, and it certainly had an amazing finish with Sandman going through three tables off the TNA balcony. On a much more disgusting note, our microphones, desk, mat, clothes, and nearly everything else at ringside was covered in blood.

Triple X will be taking on America's Most Wanted for the World Tag Team Titles this Wednesday night.

At the end of the show Wednesday night, I was instructed to announce that a new superstar will be debuting for TNA this Wednesday night. Before signing with TNA, this superstar demanded a world title shot be guaranteed to him, and had it put in the contract. This athlete will debut this Wednesday night.

I left out last week the details of our interesting visit to Memphis for the Mike Tyson fight two weeks ago. I have now seen two Mike Tyson fights in person, and have yet to see him complete two rounds of boxing. The fight reminded me of my high school prom night ... tons of hype and anticipation, only to have it over in 40 seconds. But I digress.

Jim Hall recently interviewed Julio Dinero, who had some interesting words to say. “TNA is just amazing,” said Dinero, “the atmosphere, the building, the ring, the boys, the management was like nothing I've ever worked with before. The whole deal just felt like family. Everybody was great, and they are all working together to create the best product possible.” I look forward to have him return to TNA soon.

TNA has moved in DirecTV to channel 102, a much better channel for us. TNA is on the back cover of their monthly guide available now.

We turned away another 300 people last week, making this the fifth straight week we've had to keep people out of the building. While we could easily move to a bigger venue, but the TNA Asylum has really grown on me. It is intimate enough that there isn't a bad seat in the house, and big enough to hold a noisy crowd. If you are planning on visiting the Asylum in Nashville, I recommend guaranteeing your seat on Pay Pal. Go to www.nwatna.com for details.

Have a great weekend.

Jeremy Borash

Guest oldschoolwrestling
Wow, now I'm interested in TNA this week. D'Lo makes his TNA debut! (C'mon, now, who else would it be?)

I was thinking that too. But damn, I don't think he deserves a title shot that fast.

Guest j.o.b. squad

i agree if it is dlo he doesent really deserve a title shot off the bat. but at least it gives them some more time to build up the raven jeff match.

about time they did the xxx vs amw title match

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Shaq-Fu will run wild on you!

...yeah, I hate Shaq too, but you know an appearance by Shaq at the Asylum would bring TNA some nice publicity.

I don't think it's gonna be D'Lo. I'm more willing to believe it will be Shane Douglas than D'Lo, if only because Borash and Douglas ARE friends, and there have been a lot of rumours of Douglas coming to TNA.

Guest ViciousFish

This may be off topic but what's the Bash At The Beach incident he mentions? For some reason my intrest is peaked.

Bash at the Beach was when Vinnie Ru started shooting all over the place. The plan was for Hogan to win the title (or retain? I forgot) against Jeff Jarrett. Russo was sick of his creative control and told Jeff to lay down. Hogan "pinned" him and took the belt. Later that night, Russo shot on Hogan and later made a title match between Booker T and Jeff Jarrett.

Guest ViciousFish

I see....not near as interesting as I thought it would be. I thought it would be Sid stabbing Arn with scissors interesting.

Guest dvkorn

I don't think Russo would win. Doesn't a new NWA champion have to be approved by the NWA board or something?

Guest eirejmcmahon

With Russo 'quitting' last week and a new wrestler debuting this Wednesday....

If it's a fairly big name that they're bringing in for a one off show - a Sting or someone similar - then giving him a title shot right off the bat makes sense (of course, not hyping the hell out of his appearance if this is the case makes no sense whatsoever).

If it's someone akin to D-Lo or Awesome then it's something of a waste to give them a title shot right out of the gate.