TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

First 2 Experiments w/ PhotoSmart

Guest T®ITEC

You should really work on your cuts some more.. make sure no one comes out with a flat head or with part of their body missing (like in the top banner). Also, everything's looking pretty cluttered and disorganised; there's no rhythm to these things. At all.

Plus, the text is hard to read on the second one. You need to make it stand out more.

You should try using Paint Shop Pro 7 along with your other programs.

The problem with cuts is that damn white line. The circle eraser in PhotoSmart isn't good to use for that, nor is the square one in Paint. Although I think I got rid of most the lines with soft edge in 'Tangled Web'.

Cluttered? Hmm...yeah, I'm sure Tangled Web is to most since it's mostly about my roleplaying storylines. But I thought Raven/Stevie would be obvious; it's pics of them through each of the companys.

Is Paint Shop Pro 7 something you download, or do you have to buy it?

Guest KingOfOldSchool

Paint Shop Pro costs money, but you don't technically have to buy it (thanks to KaZaA).

Guest Bricks

You can download the 30-day trial for Paint Shop Pro 7 and when that expires, just change the date on your computer to the time of the trial and it will keep on working.

It's still December 7, 2000 on my computer and PSP7 continues to work over 2 years later.

I think it looks far too cluttered. I know how annoying it can be to cut pics out though.

There must be some secret way of doing it :D

ChUnK!

Guest T®ITEC

I've found that PSP makes those damn cuts a lot easier to do. That's all.

Guest T®ITEC

That's a lot better than before, but the text really should stand out just a touch more. Also, maybe you'd want to move the front shot a little over to the left.

Damn, I knew the front pic wasn't centered. Curses. Back to the drawing board...or whenever I get bored.....whichever comes first, I suppose.

And hey, thanks for your honest opinions on my banners. It helps a lot.

Guest SP-1

PSP 7 has a wealth of options available. Particularly with layers. I make all of my banners with it (and learned some great tricks as I've worked on AngleMania graphics for OAOAST). Honestly, PSP and Photoshop leave the door open for some awesome graphics work, but you just gotta

1. Learn from screwing with it. Play with everything, see what it does, and figure out how you can mix and match.

2. Go in search of tutorials. There's a thread in this folder with some good ones in there. Just sniff around.

Comes with time.