TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
janusd

Promo: Do Hosses Dream Of Cruiserweight Sheep?

Imagine, if you will, a dark room. Like in old movies, the types of rooms where gangsters sit around a table, lit by a single lightbulb. This is the type of room and scene we are privy to right now, although its location is mysteriously unknown. Sitting at the round table are four figures, two on each side of the table, each staring at the other with unnerving intensity in the darkness. A click - the light comes on.

On the left side of the table is Janus. Seven feet tall, three hundred and fifty pounds of packed muscle, a cold gleam in his eyes. Standing by his side, strangely shadowy, is a form that's vaguely recognisible as Ejiro Fasaki, who has his hands on the giant's shoulders as he glares across the table.

On the right side of the table we have a young man, whose calm green eyes and shorter white hair, and all out younger expression reveal his true nature. This is Terrence. And standing by his side, is a strangely indistinct form, with a faint white glow, recognisible as the Australian-born Crow. He is staring across the table at 'Ejiro' with a slight smirk on his face. There's utter silence for a moment.

~I want control back.~

~The kid deserves it, big man. You've been running rampant far too long.~

The shadowy form that resembled Ejiro sneered.

-Terrence is a weak man. Janus here is the power behind this body. Why else did he rampage through the league like he did?-

~Because you told him he was pure evil.~

-I am.-

This declaration from the giant entity on the other side of the table made both Terrence and 'Crow' hesitate. Slowly, the younger man stood, leaning his arms on the table and staring across the desk. Janus smiled slowly and rose, towering numerous inches above the younger man and cracking his neck slowly. Unflinchingly, Terrence looked up at his counterpart.

~Then you know good always defeats evil, yes?~

With that, Terrence sprang up on the table, sending a lariat into the chest of Janus! The bigger man stumbles back and growls, lunging at the table as Terrence jumps out of the way. The shadowy 'Ejiro' moved like a striking snake, arms raised to pin the younger man, when 'Crow' dashed in and took him down with a stiff spear. This left Terrence and Janus staring at each other across the upturned table. The giant grimaced. Terrence smiled.

~It's my time soon, Janus. You won't stay in control for long.~

-You weak child! I'll DESTROY you!-

Moving frighteningly quickly, Janus grabs Terrence by the throat, lifting the smaller person into the air. With a snarl, Janus tightened his grip, and Terrence snatched something off the floor. The giant blinked as Terrence held up the small device. It was a digital clock. The timer read 11:59pm.

It clicked over.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

...and Janus woke up. The giant sat up in bed, panting, eyes dilated as he shook his head and slammed a hand down on the clock's snooze button, pressing a hand to his chest at the dream he'd just had. The giant growled softly to himself and slid out of bed, wearing only a pair of oversized purple boxer shorts. Another red light in the dark of his apartment made him look towards the phone - he hadn't answered it after coming back from Wrath that night. Finally, he stepped over to the answering machine there and clicked the button.

"Janus? Brian Applewhite here."

The giant blinked slowly, recognising the voice of the God of Heels as easily as recognising his own face.

"This is a business call, big guy. We've had an eye on your work in the Junior Leagues for some time. As Commisioner of the SWF, let me be the first to tell you. At From the Fire III, there is going to be a match. This match is going to be between the newest additions to the SWF roster. Mike Van Siclen......and Janus."

The giant stared wordlessly.

"In simple terms, you're bumped. Have a nice day, Aussie."

The giant rested his hands on the table, staring at the answering machine, and shook his head slowly, with a grim smile slowly worming its way onto his features.

Bumped. At From the Fire. I get to teach Mike a lesson about going after my former title. I get to teach Terrence about how brutality will always win over niceities.

A pause.

And it'll show that fucking bird he's not even in my league.

Quietly, in the back of the giant's head, a familiar voice spoke.

~We'll see, Janus. We'll see. Confident, cocky, lazy, dead, remember?~

And as the giant deleted the message from his answering machine and began to amble back towards bed, his clock's radio alarm turned on, since the five minute pause of the snooze button was just about up. It opened in the middle of a song, one that made Janus twitch as he laid down to sleep...

"This is.....my last......serenade~!"

Guest Freakish_Twist_Of_Fate

w00t! w00t! Janus bumpage! Hell yeah! Now -I'm- the reigning HOSS~! in the league! :D

Oh, and Mike's bumping too. :)

Heh... Good promo, big man... Good luck in the BIGGZ!

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Janus, you just went all Xenogears on my ass, and I liked it.

That, by the way, is going to be one hell of a blow-off at the PPV.

Guest Powerplay

Damn it, that's what I call character development. That is great shit, and I'm just glad you are on our side... and that the Magnificent 7 compound is quite far away from any dark alleys :D.

Sign in to follow this