Murder going on all day and night

Due time we fight the non-violent fight

Now how many people must get killed?

For oil families pockets to get filled?

How many oil families get killed?

Not a damn one so what’s the deal?

It’s time to lead the way and de-escalate

Lose the weapons of mass destruction and the hate

Say ooh ah what’s the White House doin’?

Oh no! Say, what in tarnation have they got brewing??!!!!???!!

Well I’m not pro Bush and I’m not pro Saddam

We need these fools to remain calm

George Bush you’re looking like Zoolander

Trying to play tough for the camera

What am I on crazy pills? We’ve got to stop it

Get your hand out my grandma’s pocket

We need health care more than going to war

You think it’s democracy they’re fighting for?

In a world gone mad it’s hard to think right

So much violence hate and spite

Murder going on all day and night

Due time we fight the non-violent fight

....remember when these guys had big inflatable dicks onstage?

Guest Eyeball Kid

The only offensive thing about this song is how bad it is. I mean, really:

"well i'm not pro bush and i'm not pro saddam,

we need the fools to remain calm

george bush, you're lookin' like zoolander

tryin to play tough for the camera..."

This is what happens when guys with inflatable penises on stage try to get political.

Guest converge241

the rhymin and lyrics are pretty eye rolling just based on quality

like stuff I wrote in jr. high

Guest Banky

Dissin' the Bboys? C'mon now. They have more talent in their stool than 90% of the people in music today.

Guest The Man in Blak
Dissin' the Bboys? C'mon now. They have more talent in their stool than 90% of the people in music today.

Well, judging by the turd that they just laid down here...I'm having problems finding it.

Guest Vern Gagne

What can't the Beastie Boys just stick to writing songs about Fighting for your right to party, and not sleeping until Brooklyn?

Guest Eyeball Kid

I've never been a fan of the Beastie Boys, but surely they've done better political stuff than this, right? I've seen them talking about freeing Tibet and all that jazz, and I hope the rhymes they wrote about it come off better than this doggerel. This song is just as bad as the vomitous chest beating, flag waving bullshit of Toby Keith.

Guest evenflowDDT

Hey, I was going to make a topic about this yesterday when I first downloaded the song, but forgot. I like the Beasties, and their songs about Tibet and other such serious matters have shown that in their current incarnation, they're far from the joke frat-boy party band they became by including a song that parodies such bands ("Fight for your Right") on License to Ill. However, for their first song in five years, this, well, isn't that good. The pop reference to Zoolander not only seems forced, it doesn't make any sense. It seems like they're trying to hard, especially making sure to stress that they're "not pro-Saddam or anti-America", which is true but also seems dropped in out of the blue to make sure OMG NOBODY THINKZ DA BEASTY BOYZ R TERRORISTZ. The Beastie Boys have been, and are still dedicated to political causes, but this... this just doesn't work. At all. I hope the rest of the album is better.

EDIT: By the by, as far as "controversial new war songs" go... I still say Paris' "What Would You Do" is much better, for it's unapologetic to-the-pointness, for its more specific lyrics, for its better beat, and for its timeliness (released a month or two after the original 9/11, as opposed to now).

Guest LooseCannon

I never thought much of the Beastie Boys. I always thought their rhymes were pretty substandard, but musically they're okay. I haven't heard this song, but to me it doesn't look much worse than if you typed out the lyrics to their other stuff.

Guest Banky

While the Bboys have churned out great music in the past, I just downloaded the song, and it is quite weak. I am not budging on my stance that the Bboys have great musical talents, and are much better than most of the people out there - but that song sucked. Horribly.

Guest Eyeball Kid
I never thought much of the Beastie Boys. I always thought their rhymes were pretty substandard, but musically they're okay. I haven't heard this song, but to me it doesn't look much worse than if you typed out the lyrics to their other stuff.

Yeah, but it's so much worse that they're making a political statement.

Guest LooseCannon
I never thought much of the Beastie Boys.  I always thought their rhymes were pretty substandard, but musically they're okay.  I haven't heard this song, but to me it doesn't look much worse than if you typed out the lyrics to their other stuff.

Yeah, good point.

Guest iamsherm
You and Saddam should kick it like back in the day

With the cocaine and Courvoisier

What?

Somebody explain those two lines for me.

Guest Banky
I never thought much of the Beastie Boys.  I always thought their rhymes were pretty substandard, but musically they're okay.  I haven't heard this song, but to me it doesn't look much worse than if you typed out the lyrics to their other stuff.

They've made political statements in the past without being so cheesy about it. Its seems as though they've lost grasp on how to make a fresh song. If you remember 'Alive' from the Anthology, that one was just as bad as this one.

'Somethings Gotta Give' is a classic track that has the same message as this track. Their aren't as many rhymes, but sometimes, less is more.

Guest Eyeball Kid
You and Saddam should kick it like back in the day

With the cocaine and Courvoisier

What?

Somebody explain those two lines for me.

I think that line would apply more to Bush's father. The U.S. was on friendly terms with Saddam back in the 80s, helping them to fend off the Soviets and all.

Guest LooseCannon

I think it's also a bit of a knock on the rumors of W's prior drug and non-rumored alcohol abuse.

Guest Eyeball Kid

That, too, but unless they were make some sort of vague stab at Bush's oil tycoon days, he and Saddam never "kicked it."

Guest evenflowDDT

They've made political statements in the past without being so cheesy about it. Its seems as though they've lost grasp on how to make a fresh song. If you remember 'Alive' from the Anthology, that one was just as bad as this one.

'Somethings Gotta Give' is a classic track that has the same message as this track. Their aren't as many rhymes, but sometimes, less is more.

Yea, but the difference is "Alive" had one of those cheesy afterschool-movie feelings to it. I actually like that song, but this one? This is just tacky.

Guest McLeary

they should jus go put on funny looking fake mustaches, make me laff, and then shut the fuck up. If they really want to get political, they should get back to that futile Tibetan freedom bullshit or something, all stuff like this does is alienate the fans who A)might not agree with them, or B) just don't like being told how to think.

Guest Banky
they should jus go put on funny looking fake mustaches, make me laff, and then shut the fuck up. If they really want to get political, they should get back to that futile Tibetan freedom bullshit or something, all stuff like this does is alienate the fans who A)might not agree with them, or B) just don't like being told how to think.

Is it wrong to put their opinions on a musical forum? Anyone who has strong convictions shouldn't be influenced by a dumb song. If anyone is stupid to allow themselves to be led in a certain direction, they wouldn't even know what the word alienation means. You have to give music fans *some* credit.

I heard a little of the song this morning on 107.7, and wow, I really hope the B-Boys haven't lost their touch. This was WAAAAY too tacky. And "Alive" was MUCH better than this. Alive wasn't good, but it was listenable.

Guest Kotzenjunge

"Alive" owned, I thought. It was my hype song in my Sophomore year of Academic Team.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

"Citizen rule number 2080

Politicians are shady

So people watch your back 'cause I think they smoke crack

I don’t doubt it look at how they act"

At least they make a Tribe Called Quest homage -- or they ripped it off, depending on your point of view...

Guest Vyce

Well, it's like Opie & Anthony always used to say: "Don't go to CNN for dick jokes, don't come to us for news."

I honestly don't care to hear any celebrity / musician's personal political views. Just stick to making good music.

And apparently this isn't it.