TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest evenflowDDT

Ozymandias

Guest evenflowDDT

Was it because of the Elizabeth Smart should pose for Playboy comment? Because even though that's an inappropriate comment, it's not like it's the worst thing that's ever been said in Current Events.

Guest DrTom

I didn't ban him, but I think it's mentioned several times in one of those France threads he started why it happened. Basically, he went out and flame-baited. If you want to know anything else, you'll have to ask Kahran, who wielded the axe for this one.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I wonder if there's any way to get some statistics on bannings.

I'd bet Kahran bans the most and I ban the least.

Guest MrRant

So its wrong to blame the French? I blame the French all the time. It's my right and part of my religion.

Guest bob_barron

He started a thread saying France should take away the Statue of Liberty.

I thought the banning was bullshit personally

Guest DrTom

I don't think thers is, BPS. The Admin CP doesn't list deleting users as a moderator function that's tracked, so unless there's some other way to divine that information, I have no idea how to find it.

I think I probably fall in the middle when it comes to number of people banned (of course, Kahran has had super mod status longer than I have, which may contribute to the numbers). I most commonly ban people for being previously banned posters, then for trolling. I almost never ban people for things like "flaming," which I've always felt to be a ridiculously overrated offense.

Btw, Silence (aka Dopey/Sola Gratia) left of his own accord, choosing to do the right thing and allowing the rest of the people he works with to post here, rather than face an IP ban that would have wiped them all out. Sometimes, people will choose to do the right thing when faced with an alternative that affects others besides themselves.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

"I thought the banning was bullshit personally"

I second that notion. What would CE be like without stupid, inappropriate comments?...

Guest Kotzenjunge

He was banned, so it seemed to me, for being a flame-baited and general moron. Totally justified, I think. CE is a place for rational, serious (sometimes joking) discussion and calling Bush "Herr Bush" is just bullshit. Totally overblown and all that razamatazz.

Guest SP-1

For the record I don't have a feeling one way or the other on the banning. I thought a warning was more in order, in case he was just being a jerk and would have changed his ways.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

He was being extreme and stupid, but I doubt he would have been banned if he'd been an extreme and stupid right winger.

Guest bob_barron
"I thought the banning was bullshit personally"

I second that notion. What would CE be like without stupid, inappropriate comments?...

Your avatar and custom title had me laughing my ass off. Good stuff

Guest Kahran Ramsus
He was being extreme and stupid, but I doubt he would have been banned if he'd been an extreme and stupid right winger.

Yes, he would have. Rob Johnstone was doing the exact same thing at the other end of the spectrum.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

It appears that APO and myself ban the most people, and Brian bans the least, but there are no official stats that I can find.

Guest DrTom

::bans everyone in this thread, just to catch up to Kahran and APO::

Ah, parity...

Guest Retro Rob

I'm sure not many people agree with me, but as far as I'm concerned, if someone is an idiot then ban them. We are better or without them. Sure it may sound inhumane for the person being banned, but it is also inhumane for them to subject us to their own ignorance.

That's just my take on the whole banning thing. As for Oxymandias, I don't even know who the fuck he is.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
That's just my take on the whole banning thing. As for Oxymandias, I don't even know who the fuck he is.

He posted several topics in the Current Events folder, not with the intention to start a discussion (which at least RobJohnstone tried to do before he started losing it) but soley to start a fight and piss people off.

Guest Retro Rob

He posted several topics in the Current Events folder, not with the intention to start a discussion (which at least RobJohnstone tried to do before he started losing it) but soley to start a fight and piss people off.

I take your word for it. ;)

Guest bob_barron
::bans everyone in this thread, just to catch up to Kahran and APO::

Ah, parity...

Didn't you ban everyone in a how do you get to be a mod thread?

Guest evenflowDDT
Btw, Silence (aka Dopey/Sola Gratia) left of his own accord, choosing to do the right thing and allowing the rest of the people he works with to post here, rather than face an IP ban that would have wiped them all out. Sometimes, people will choose to do the right thing when faced with an alternative that affects others besides themselves.

Silence was Dopey? Anyway, that's awfully nice of him.

Guest RenegadeX28

Well, maybe he returned at utahprowrestler or something. He just got recently banned.

Guest treble charged

He was the dude who was in a love with Flyboy a little while back.

Guest areacode212

I don't think thers is, BPS. The Admin CP doesn't list deleting users as a moderator function that's tracked, so unless there's some other way to divine that information, I have no idea how to find it.

I'm not sure if you have access to it, but there are separate Admin logs that do list deleting users. Problem is, they only track the activity since the board was upgraded, so there isn't much to look at so far.

Guest Flyboy
He was the dude who was in a love with Flyboy a little while back.

He couldn't keep away.

Guest T®ITEC

Utah Pro Wrestler/KJ Brackish is some jerk I go to school with. Yup. He talks about Flyboy all the time.

...He doesn't even know why he was banned in the first place. But no one cares.

Guest DrTom
Silence was Dopey? Anyway, that's awfully nice of him.

I suppose it is, and that's the choice I expected him to make. Via PMs, I gave him the choice of leaving on his own or having his work IP banned to make sure he didn't come back, which would have also prevented four other people from posting. He made the right call, and as much as I disagreed with a lot of what he said and thought he was generally worthless to have around, I will give him credit for that one.