TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest notJames

Axl plans to sue Offspring

Guest Respect The 'Taker

But has it MATTERED?

Remember, Axl Rose came back from nowhere after TEN YEARS of seclusion with a band that NO GNR fan was familiar with and STILL sold out arenas.

Offspring will never have that ability simply because they're not as talented as any former or current member of Guns N Roses. All they're hit songs are cheap, comical and poppy "rock" songs that get old after 2 weeks.

Next imitation please..

UYI

Guest redbaron51

(Somehow thinks Buckethead is an actuall different guitarist, until someone posts a pic of him unmasked)...

Buckethead is all-right, he's got better riffs than Izzy and Slash, but is not on the same level on Slash in soloing.

But then Slash stays around the 12th fret for soloing

Guest Youth N Asia

GNR sold the arenas out on hype alone, and they still managed to fuck their fans with no shows and cancelations.

Don't get me wrong, I love GNR, but Axl and the new guys? I'm not ready to get a boner over it yet. And they will not make an album worth 8 years of hype. How good can an album be when you need to Def Lepard it for the better part of a decade?

And I never said The Offsping were the second coming of the Stones. But they make fun music and have at least put out consistant good material.

Guest Respect The 'Taker

They will snuff.

A very recent interview with the new GNR bassist showed him stating that currently 'Axl is laying down the final vocals and mixing everything accordingly and that Guns N Roses will be re-starting again in May'.

Manson in May

GNR in May

'Tallica in June

*explodes due to over-excitement*

Guest Youth N Asia
They will snuff.

A very recent interview with the new GNR bassist showed him stating that currently 'Axl is laying down the final vocals and mixing everything accordingly and that Guns N Roses will be re-starting again in May'.

Manson in May

GNR in May

'Tallica in June

FINAL VOCALS?!

How can this bitch not be done yet? Does anyone know hom much money has been put into the album? There is no way it can turn a proffit.

Guest Nanks

The Offspring do not suck balls fool. Have you ever seen them live?? Dexter and Noodles have serious stage prescence. Best concert I've been to. Yes, a lot of their chart songs are "poppy" but that's called flexibility. They can make songs like Pretty Fly and Get A Job to pull in the pop/punk fans, then satisy the real fans with albums like Smash & Ixnay and songs like Come Out Swinging, Special Delivery, so on...

Guest Youth N Asia
The Offspring do not suck balls fool. Have you ever seen them live?? Dexter and Noodles have serious stage prescence. Best concert I've been to. Yes, a lot of their chart songs are "poppy" but that's called flexibility. They can make songs like Pretty Fly and Get A Job to pull in the pop/punk fans, then satisy the real fans with albums like Smash & Ixnay and songs like Come Out Swinging, Special Delivery, so on...

Damn right...

"Nitro (Youth Energy)"

"Dammit, I Changed Again"

The Offspring can rock. Sure they have popish songs...much like GNR did.

Guest swan
Remember, Axl Rose came back from nowhere after TEN YEARS of seclusion with a band that NO GNR fan was familiar with and STILL sold out arenas.

Where did you hear about the sold out arenas? The only show they sold out for sure was Madison Square Garden. Searching the net I came up with these figures:

November 8th, 2002 - Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome

Attendance: 6110

Capacity: 17083

November 11th, 2002 - Boise, ID @ Idaho Center Arena

Attendance: 3919

Capacity 6500

November 17th, 2002 - Moline, IL @ Mark Of The Quad Cities

Attendance: 5563

Capacity 10448

November 21st, 2002 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace Of Auburn Hills

Attendance: 8857

Capacity 15064

Other shows I was unable to find complete attendence and/or capacity.

No wonder Axl was pissed, nobody cares.

Guest swan
The name Guns N' Roses is owned by Axl Rose. Axl and Izzy thought of the name, and Izzy has been long-gone since 1991. Therefore it is pretty obvious to me that Axl can call his cat Guns N' Roses and have it release an album and it still be legal, BECAUSE HE OWNS THE NAME.

Tracii Guns might disagree with parts of that statement.

Guest Respect The 'Taker
They will snuff.

Manson in May

GNR in May

'Tallica in June

FINAL VOCALS?!

How can this bitch not be done yet? Does anyone know hom much money has been put into the album? There is no way it can turn a proffit.

Maybe your unaware that Axl has been putting down the vocals for THREE albums, not just Chinese Democracy.

The band has completed the follow-up to Chinese Democracy already, and are finishing the follow-up to the, er....follow-up.

Axl wanted to do this so that no matter what shit occurs during the next few years, he'll have his music ready to go regardless and be able to release shit off it. It also enables them to tour for a much longer time.

In closing i'd like to say that Offspring don't just suck balls, but they suck dick as well.

Lots and lots of dick.

UYI

Guest El Psycho Diablo

At least they tend to show up when they're advertised, and not cause riots because the lead singer has a temper tantrum and won't play.

Guest snuffbox

I must agree UYI

They eat the tubesteak with an intense passion. Didnt they even ripoff the Def Leppard fag express?

Gleebin globbin globin or whatever the fuck that was. ;)

Guest Respect The 'Taker

I've given up trying to comprehend them snuff.

Besides, it's not polite to stare at retards.

UYI

Guest Nanks

The bashing of mainstream accepted bands continues... The Offspring haven't released 6 awesome albums (with the partial exception of Americana) and continued to successfully tour the world because they suck. They fuckin' rock, and I repeat my statement that if you've seen them live you know they rule.

Guest Youth N Asia

The shit they're calling GNR now is just a joke. I can't wait for the cd to come out so I can not buy it. Jesus Christ, someone tries to get their points across and you're just a rude prick. But at least Axl isn't as talentless of a fuck as Manson.

I think I'll listen to "Ixnay on the Hombre" now. Good shit.

By the way, nice sig...ohhhhh goth, I'm scared. Nice gimmick, Brian, although the goth scene is down.

Guest snuffbox

YnA... Have you heard 'Madagascar' or 'The Blues' yet? Live recordings are floating around, and they will probably be singles when Chinese Democracy is released.

I dont know if youd agree, but theyre definitly worth a listen.

Very good songs.

Guest Respect The 'Taker

This thread is hilarious. I state twice that Offspring suck and i've got all their mutants (albiet ONE mutant) screaming "Well....MANSON SUCKS COZ HE'S IN YOUR SIG"

Ouch. Now im REAL cut. Hate Manson or love Manson, he don't give a fuck, as long as your talking about him.

Whatever, the day Dextor, or whichever cocksucker writes the lyrics for that band, creates something HALF as inspriring and deep as the work Manson writes THEN i'll think about liking them.

Kudos to YnA for stating ' can't wait for the cd to come out so I can not buy it'. Thats about the funniest shit i've seen all week.

UYI

Offspring suck balls, dick AND take it up their asses from hot sweaty hosses named Albert & Big Show.

Guest Respect The 'Taker
YnA... Have you heard 'Madagascar' or 'The Blues' yet? Live recordings are floating around, and they will probably be singles when Chinese Democracy is released.

I dont know if youd agree, but theyre definitly worth a listen.

Very good songs.

They wont be the singles, snuff.

Axl has stated that all live recordings going around are just tasters of what is to come on Chinese Democracy. Meaning that the big guns (songs to be singles) are being held back until the release date.

Most albums are MADE of just one single, and if anything, 'The Blues' will do it even if it is not released. That song is beyond awesome and one of the most powerful ballads Axl has written.

But despite that YOUTH N ASIA WONT BUY IT!

Bummer.

UYI

Guest snuffbox

Damn, if those two songs are 'filler', then I now await this record even more than I had before. B-)

Guest Respect The 'Taker
You're taking all this a little too personal, bro

I'm only joking, honestly. I just dig getting extreme reactions out of other people.

Some call me sadistic, i like to think i can laugh at a bad situation.

UYI

Guest Lethargic

I don't get why people waste so much time arguing about the new Guns and Roses. To me, it's a blessing. Before we only had one Guns and Roses. Now we'll have TWO. We've got Axl's band and we've got Slash, Duff and Matt's band. Personally I'll take two good rock and roll bands over one. Not to mention Izzy's incredibly under-rated solo material.

I don't give a rat's ass who's in the band. All I know is that when I saw the band on Rock in Rio blow the roof off the place it was like waking up from a bad dream of nu-metal, rap-rock and pop-punk. When they first exploded onto the stage with an absolutely perfect rendition of Jungle, it gave me goosebumps cause the wait was finally paying off. The new songs were great, even that horrible song they put on the End of Days soundtrack was a great song live. I didn't care for the Blues or that other new ballad, but the new hard songs were awesome.

That MTV Awards performance was bad. No doubt. I just wish people would give the band a chance and hear them for real before baseing their entire opinion on that one off night. I've heard the band three times and I can say with all honesty that I think it's a much better live band than the original lineup was. I listened to that Live Era CD they put out and then watched the Rio concert and there was no doubt about it to me. This band rocked a whole lot more ass. On record, I still have my doubts, but live they're great.

Guest FeArHaVoC

I also have the double disc "Live Era" CD, and I thought the band kicked ass and Axl sounded like dog shit live.

I also have the two live Video's, and the same goes for them.

Guest snuffbox
I also have the two live Video's, and the same goes for them.

I marked out for the multitude of Tel-E-Prompters!

But I have to disagree about W.Axl sounding like 'shit' on either the live discs or videos. I listen to the 'Blue(#1)' cd more than any other GnR record. :headbang: