TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rising up out of the back seat-nuh

Cruiserweights

Is it just me, or is the the state of the cruisers getting better and better?

At the moment, smackdown has got guys like Mattitude, Moore, Rey Rey, Kendrick, Nunzio, Noble and Kidman in the Cruiserweight ranks with Light Heavyweights like Los Guerreros, Benoit and Angle in the upper/ midcard.

By my count cruisers easily outweigh the Hosses on SD.

It seems that at the moment, more than ever, Vince is putting his face in smaller wrestlers.

Discuss :)

Guest Dames Edna

I think you are the king of wishful thinking. They are going nowhere.

Guest Trivia247

well Least they are Pushing rey as a crusierweight star and not some plucky underdog geez.

Guest IB2BLACK

Cruiserwieghts are never going to be headlining in PPV's in the near future. But I think they have their place. Also, how far can a "great" cruiserweight, go? Like Rey, he the best cruiser in the WWE, but put him against a "heavywieght' like Brock, he'll get destroyed. Maybe Vince can make a storyline for Rey, like Roy Jones Jr. the boxer. Jones may be the best pound for pound fighter in the world, but he's only a middleweight. He put on some weight so he could fight in the heavyweight class. Although, he whooped a weak heavyweight in, John Ruiz. Put Jones in there with Tyson or Lennox Lewis, he'll get killed.

Guest Crazy Dan

I think Cruisers have a great place in wrestling. If anything, they can be used for opening shows/PPV's. They can be used to get the crowd going. But, if you keep putting them against way bigger foes, and the foes end up treating and squashin them like jobbers(Albert vs Rey), then they kill any credibilty that the Cruiser might have.

One of the great things about Kurt Angle is that when he wrestled Rey last year, he didn't treat Rey as a jobber, and because of it, the match was very a see-saw affair, which Angle finally won. You had the belief that Rey might actually pull off the upset. If bigger wrestlers would actually sell, and make the cruiser look better than a jobber, then everyone would benefit, and hence a better product would be put out.

But I personally believe that there is no reason why the Cruiserweights abilities should be lessened...

In NJPW during the mid 90s, the juniors were out-performing the heavyweights most of the time. I mean, truly. The cruiserweights that SD! has right now can do just that. There is no reason why they shouldn't be given a chance to shine. The way Lyger booked was another reason they got so great, though.

COME BOOK EVERYTHING OVER HERE, LYGER!!!

Guest RavishingRickRudo

BWAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry, just the thought of anyone thinking the cruiserweight division is anything other than 'hoss-enhancement' makes me laugh.