TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

The relaunch of TNA

Im trying to catch up with TNA via tapes,.

Ive just seen up to show 12, and found out about the relaunch.

A lot seems to have happend, but I cant really grasp it because a 3 week break was Fast forwarded to a few minutes.

Kilings is still champ, and we have a guantlet to crown the Tag champs. But is Lo-Ki still X champ? why has he dropped the belt. I just saw the beginning and im sure Tenny said lo-ki is the former X champ.

Also, were did Road Dogg, X Pac, Hall (again) and half a dozen new tag wrestlers come from.

What went on in real time during this period? Can anyone catch me up? And was there a secondary reason for the break of shows?

ChUnK!

The 1 year anniversary of Sept 11th, along with new financial backing aka new management. Basically, TNA was ready to out and out fold shortly after until the money came in.

Dames

So how come they were ready to fold then? I thought the promotion was a succes, and they showed no signs what so ever of having no budget?

Who was it that stepped and gave them some money?

EDIT: I realised that Ki dropped the title to Lynn at show 11. My bad :D

ChUnK!

actually, what i heard was that tna had hired a money advisor who was at the time working for the wwe. when they would ask how they were doing, he told them they were making alot of money. so they started spending money they didn't have. then they found out the guy was a fake, and they sued him.

that was when they took their first break with the x division ppv.

then they tried going at a slower pace to keep the little money they had, and they ended up spending it and were about to close down until panda invested in them.

that was their second close down.

Really? That cant be true can it? Surely they wouldnt leave all of thier accounts to one single person? They must have been checked and overlooked by other people. Surely the head of the company would want to see a copy of the accounts.

Also, do you think McMahon actually saw TNA as a threat back when it was just starting off? I can't see it?

ChUnK!

Guest Tony149
actually, what i heard was that tna had hired a money advisor who was at the time working for the wwe. when they would ask how they were doing, he told them they were making alot of money. so they started spending money they didn't have. then they found out the guy was a fake, and they sued him.

that was when they took their first break with the x division ppv.

IIRC, it was their PPV promoter that also did work for WWE.

Guest ShooterJay

Jay Hassman was the PPV guy's name. I remember he posted a response to the lawsuit which made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Whatever came of that whole deal anyway? Anybody know?