TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RedJed

The One and Only NWA-TNA Thread

Guest RedJed

I like this idea of getting David Young over by pairing him with Athena. Plus he cut a decent promo there.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It makes some sense...but he shouldn't be holding the title and then disapearing from active competition.

If they are trying to make those rare title defenses have extra importance...that's cool...but it kind of makes the three other shows seem very inferior.

All I ask is that the dude gets in for a tag match every other week.

I'm sure he feels he's in a weird position as the owner/worker...he could very easily end up in HHH territory with the fans (most of which for this company are smarks).

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I like David Young.

And...to a certain end...when he's not in the X division title matches...I like this "Ace in the Hole" version of Siaki.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It appears Siaki is readying himself for the main event with that sleeper!

His pants are becoming a distraction.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Alexis Laree is here to save us from a Red promo.

She's already a plus 1 in my book.

Guest Zack Malibu

I'm here guys...better late than never.

My thoughts thus far:

The opener was definitely one of the better ones, though I question the "losing streak" Sanders gimmick. I understand it's for heat with SEX, but they could do that easily without jobbing him.

Saturn looked to be in great shape, and the fact that the Harris Boys got tossed around by him makes me happy. 'Bout time those no selling bastards got dropped.

Alexis Laree looks like a poor man's Francine...

Guest Zack Malibu

David Flair is a total guilty pleasure of mine. And I'm all for the ECW style of booking where you try to make a no-one into someone, but this Watts angle, the fact that JJ even mentioned it as a joke in the interview shows that they see the backlash it's getting.

Guest ShooterJay

Dude, Zack, I like you and all man, but...

Never compare the horsefaced whore to the pinnacle of female beauty that is Alexis Laree.

Guest Zack Malibu

Never compare the horsefaced whore to the pinnacle of female beauty that is Alexis Laree.

Sorry Jay, lol.

It's the first time I've seen Laree (I have PWF tapes that I think she's on, but haven't watched them yet) and she just reminded me of Francine for some reason. I do agree that she's cute, but it just seemed that her general look at the attitude reminded me of the former "Head Cheerleader".

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

David Flair is a semi-guilty pleasure of mine as well.

I like him when he does everything EXCEPT wrestle. I think he's pretty funny...but then he gets in the ring...and I'm embarrassed to like him.

Guest RedJed

lol.....well said. Francine is fucking god awful, I can't imagine what a "poor man's version" of her would look like.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

oh...

I want to see this proposed Dlo vs. Chris Harris match.

That would be good.

Guest RedJed

This shit with these little jabs at WWE is getting old.

I'm indifferent on Disco right now, he's doin ok on the mic but thats about the long and short of it. I'd much rather see Russo out there doing what Disco is doing than him.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Disco is finally getting the heat he deserves. He's been great on the mic the last few weeks.

Guest RedJed

I'm a little confused on how Disco can be the matchmaker here, I understand Raven has a title shot but still how can he decide who gets a title match for next week? Must have missed something in that promo.

Guest RedJed

Its not a bunkhouse stampede match, Borash. Dumbshit. Thats a battle royale anything goes cage match, this is just a standard bunkhouse match.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It makes little sense...

but here's what I think they did...

Raven is the official #1 contender...and since he's S.E.X. and not there...Jarrett can't just go out and pick TNA guys to defend against. So if JJ wants to wrestle...SEX gets to pick his opponent because Raven is the next in line.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Don't split up AMW.

Not only are they an awesome team...but there aren't that many teams in TNA.

However...I think both are pretty good individual talents as well...but keep em together damn it.