TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 5_moves_of_doom

SJL Metal CARD - 04.01.03

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Taylor is justice. Taylor is rule. Taylor is booking. Watch as you all… um, drool!

SJL Metal – 04.01.03

DUE DATE: Tuesday, April 1st, 2003… APRIL FOOLS DAY~! And uhh… at 5PM EST, I suppose.

VENUE: The National Car Rental Center in Sunrise, Florida!!

SEND CRAP TO: Longdogger_Pete

OPENING MATCH

SPECIAL APRIL FOOL’S DAY PRANK EVENT

Omega Storm VS “The Dark Rebel” Terry Wayne

Match Description: Both of these guys lost on Crimson, but this is their chance to redeem themselves! And with a wacky gimmick, to boot… not sure if it’s punishment, but either way, youz guyz’s better write! Mwaha.

Match Rules: This is a bit wacky, but it’s April Fools, so you should be expecting that. This match occurs at the top of the show, just ten minutes before Silent’s (who happens to be an SJL Road Agent) ten-minutes-after-the-top-of-the-show-Russian-Tea (Vodka,) made especially for his tastes by a very handy Annie Eclectic. Now, both men will start in the of the ring, with one medium-sized bottle of Mexican Hot Tamale/Tabasco sauce in the center of the ring. It can’t break, and it’s biodegradable, in case you need to know that. Now, the goal here is to grab the bottle of sauce, somehow make your way backstage, and pour the entire contents of the bottle into Silent’s tea, before he reaches the designated room with the tea in it (I won’t give details, so create a makeshift arena blueprint in your mind and use it, creativity is the key!) The man to successfully pour the sauce into the tea is the winner, and the loser is locked in the room alone until Silent arrives, where he will be promptly framed, probably angering Silent in some way, shape, or form. Ouch. Or maybe they don’t get there in time and Silent arrives while both men are battling it out… or… just be creative, and have fun with the match, eh? Oh, and no humiliating Silent.

Marker: WrestlingDeacon

Word Limit: 3500

#1 CONTENDER FOR THE SJL TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

SINGLES MATCH

John Duran VS Fosta

Match Description: Well, these two guys are sort of floating around right now… let’s try to give them something to do! Whoever wins this match will get a shot at Quiet Death’s TV Title… and winning that would mean something to settle down with. RE: Something to DO.

Match Rules: Singles Match… yeah.

Marker: Longdogger_Pete

Word Limit: 3769

NON-TITLE MATCH

SINGLES MATCH

Quiet Death VS Christian Blackwell

Match Description: Quiet Death doesn’t have to defend his title tonight as the #1 Contendership is being competed for, buuuuuut we’ve given him Blackwell to fend off in a non-title bout, just for fun. A win for either of these men would solidify the fact that… uh… they’re better than the one who lost, and could also earn them a little bump up the card, I’d think.

Match Rules: Usual stuff is in effect. Win via pinfall or submission. Oh joy.

Marker: Tod deKindes

Word Limit: 4000

SPECIAL DAVID-GOLIATH-ESQUE MATCH!!

SINGLES MATCH

”Picture Perfect” Aaron Carpenter VS “Hollywood” Spike Jenkins

Match Description: Aaron Carpenter has finally hit his stride in the SJL, winning his last three matches, the most recent of which was Crimson's main event. Spike Jenkins has taken issue with the still-green “Picture Perfect” being part of the decision, and is looking to put the young Carpenter back into his place. Will "Hollywood" break out of the rut he's been in, or will "Picture Perfect" chalk up his fourth straight victory? As a side note, if Aaron wins, he’s going to get a much higher place on the card, I’d think, what with Spike being all good and all.

Match Rules: Um, singles rules, you know how they go, unless you’re stupid, or Cutthroat.

Marker: Longdogger_Pete

Word Limit: 5500

#1 CONTENDERSHIP FOR THE SJL WORLD TITLE

NO-DISQUALIFICATION TRIPLE THREAT

Crow VS Tryst (European Champ) VS Sean Atlas

Match Description: Righto, let’s break it down. Crow is a great writer who so totally deserves a shot at a shot at the World Title. He almost beat the World Champ himself, a while ago. Tryst, our European Champ, recently beat the unbeatable Sean Atlas… and is really a great, GREAT writer. If he manages to pull this out and then win the World Title, then he’d be the first double-champ that we’ve had down here in a long time. Sean is Sean, and he just beat Dace Night on the last show, so he OBVIOUSLY deserves this spot on the card. So, the three fight, and may the best man win.

Match Description: Disqualification is NOT in effect. No count-outs, and the first guy to score a pinfall or submission on another competitor is our new #1 Contender! Wheee!

Marker: 5_Moves_of_Doom

Word Limit: 5700

MAIN EVENT FOR THE SJL WORLD TITLE

All-JAPAN CLASSIC MATCH

Dace Night (teh champ!) VS Va’aiga

Match Description: Two of the top men in the company fight to the death, or something, for Dace Night’s SJL Title! Va’aiga is the #1 Contender… so… not much to say here, just go at it, boys.

Match Rules: Standard singles match, with pinfall and submission rules. There's no-DQ, as per the rule in Japanese matches, and a 20-count countout. Serious stip DEVIATION~!

Marker: realitycheck

Word Limit: 6000

EDIT: Evidentially Va'aiga was supposed to CHOOSE his title shot's stip? Uhhhhh I wasn't told about this, but if this is true, then someone can edit the stip when he chooses it, or I will. Whatever.

A bit of a Clusterfuck… but comment anyway!

Guest Kibagami

Indeed it is.

Spike is getting FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED up.

That will be all.

K.

The match me and Dace talked about going for was a straight Japanese rules match (by the numbers match, except with 20 counts on ring outs)...

SJLCC is welcome to do what they wish with that :)

Guest realitycheck

I just realized TNT got the name of this show wrong. It beingz Wrath, not Metal.

Card, sorry about the confusion. I just didn't have a PM about a stip for your shot, so... I'll change that for you.

-Z

I just realized TNT got the name of this show wrong. It beingz Wrath, not Metal.

I think it is Metal... Look at the backlog of shows on the website. Wrath is on Sundays, followed by Crimson Thursdays and Metal Tuesdays.

Guest realitycheck

...and suddenly, I think Atlas is right. Blarrrrrg.

Changed back.

-Z

Guest Coffin Surfer

There's DQ's in All Japan. In fact one most famous matches in the promotion ended with a D.Q., Jumbo/Tenryu 10/28/88. Tenryu gets super pissed and starts low blowing Jumbo, forcing the ref to stop the match. Probably the greatest match ever with a DQ ending.

Hansen/Jumbo also had many DQ finishes.

The refs in All Japan are just less strict when it comes to out of the ring action, allowing a few chair shots and tables to be used.

Guest Dace59

I hope not. I won't be touching any weapons in this match.

Card won't be either.

Or I'll kill him.

I ain't touching any weapons.. however i will be throwing punches in a decidedly non wrestling fashion :) If you notice I often give Va'aiga a ref telling off for doing that in normal matches

Anything with Jumbo in is before any Japanese stuff I've watched, i'm sad to say. I've seen Mutoh go for chairs without being DQd though..

Hey in New Japan i've seen Don Frye get thrown into the middle of Team 2000 and get beaten up by about 7 guys and not get Chono DQd, but then i've seen DQs for stuff as well in Shin Nihon

Ah it's all odd.

And isn't it cool that Super and New are the same word in Japanese :)

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

And just another reason to not watch Puro....

It's too confusing for simple minded folk like me.

Guest TheHulkster

Bruiser Brody used to beat people with anything not nailed down in AJPW. Hell, if he was in a foul mood, he'd beat the piss out of the people in the crowd. Anyway, the title match should be a helluva war, can't wait to read it.

Guest Coffin Surfer
Anything with Jumbo in is before any Japanese stuff I've watched, i'm sad to say. I've seen Mutoh go for chairs without being DQd though..

Hey in New Japan i've seen Don Frye get thrown into the middle of Team 2000 and get beaten up by about 7 guys and not get Chono DQd, but then i've seen DQs for stuff as well in Shin Nihon

Your missing out, Jumbo is the greatest of all time. Personally I would rather scratch out my own eyes than watch a Keji Mutoh match, or any post 97 All Japan match for that matter with the exception of the Kawada/Kobashi 98 Triple Crown Match. Even the Misawa/Kobashi 97 matches are overrated IMO.

And I'm curious as how much or what puro, you've seen Jenkins. You do know there are various styles and matches that can appeal to any type of wrestling fan.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
And I'm curious as how much or what puro, you've seen Jenkins. You do know there are various styles and matches that can appeal to any type of wrestling fan.

Ummm, 1 or 2 matches...

Exploding Barbedwire Cage~!

And Benoit/Eddy from way back.

Guest Kibagami

Meh. Too much to do. No-showing.

Cue expressions of surprise here.

I quit, too.

K.

Guest Longdogger_Pete

Actually, TNT had it right the first time. Metal it is, for Wrath is my show.

Yeah, that was a late reply.

Whatever.

Guest hhh6294

[shocked look]

K is No Showing?? How can that be!!

[/shocked look]

gonna "retire" again eih K... well, sorry to see ya go, I woulda liked to kick your ass :firedevil:

Sign in to follow this