TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest goodhelmet

Worst Album titles

Guest goodhelmet

ok, incandenza thinks the new radiohead album tile is pitiful. so what are some other stupid ass album titles?

i'm throwing in

REO Speedwagon- You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish

Guest goodhelmet

i can agree with that assessment but just because a title isn't creative doesn't mean it's a title that insults the intelligence. hell, most artists usually have a self-titled album and that isn't exactly creative.

Guest RevEvil

chocolate starfish in the hotdog flavored water

take off your pants and jacket

Weezer's second self-titled album

new clear days

Guest Youth N Asia

Chicago sucks enough on their own...but they got lazy and just started giving their albums numbers.

Chicago 10

Chicago 21

and so on

Guest What?

Eminem-The Eminem Show

LAAAAAAAAME! I hated Eminem even more after that.

Guest WrestlingDeacon
Chicago sucks enough on their own...but they got lazy and just started giving their albums numbers.

Chicago 10

Chicago 21

and so on

Chicago didn't get lazy, they started lazy. They're first album was Chicago Transit Authority, as that was the band's name at that time. Then it was shortened to Chicago and they named all their Chicago with a number in order after. Even their greatest hits albums are numbered. Early Chicago is kick ass though.

Guest El Satanico

There better not be any Frank Zappa in this thread.

:shakes fist:

Guest Nanks
What? Posted on Mar 29 2003, 01:43 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eminem-The Eminem Show

Ah, looky here, someone who hates an awesome artist because they have mainstream popularity. Calling that album The Eminem Show was following a theme.

1st Album - Slim Shady EP

2nd Album - Marshall Mathers LP

3rd Album - The Eminem Show

Surely I don't need to explain the theme. What would have been a better title???

Guest Nevermortal

Bitter Suites to Succubi. What the fuck were Cradle of Filth thinking?

Guest Youth N Asia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eminem-The Eminem Show

Ah, looky here, someone who hates an awesome artist because they have mainstream popularity. Calling that album The Eminem Show was following a theme.

Surely I don't need to explain the theme. What would have been a better title???

The only question now is what name is he going to use next.

Guest Incandenza

Eminem-The Eminem Show

Seeing as how What? never said why he hated Eminem, I suppose it is perfectly natural to assume that it's due to his being famous. After this and the Linkin Park thread, I wonder if you are familiar with the concept of logic.

Guest El Satanico

I hate Eminem and not because he's popular or because he's a "rapper". I hate him because he SOUNDS like a white boy. I can't stand the sound of a white boy's voice "rapping".

I'm the same way about the blues.

There's just not enough soul in the voice if someone sounds white and I don't like them singing "black music".

Guest Nevermortal

Eminem-The Eminem Show

Seeing as how What? never said why he hated Eminem, I suppose it is perfectly natural to assume that it's due to his being famous. After this and the Linkin Park thread, I wonder if you are familiar with the concept of logic.

Maybe he's more familiar with the concept of prime?

Guest MrRant
I hate Eminem and not because he's popular or because he's a "rapper". I hate him because he SOUNDS like a white boy. I can't stand the sound of a white boy's voice "rapping".

There's just not enough soul in the voice if someone sounds white and I don't like them singing "black music".

HEY! I have a soul! I'm a Jive Soul Turkey!

Guest What?

Eminem-The Eminem Show

When did I say I hate him because he's popular, Nanks?

I hate him because I hate rap...it would be true for everyone involved in rap.

Guest Crux

-Chocolate starfish and the hot dog flavored water

-Three dollar bill, y'all

Both by a pathetic band...

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Apparently Dr. Dre disagrees. I've heard he thought old Slim was black when he first heard his demos. If so, Dre is a fucking idiot.

And really, I don't know how somebody can hate any form of music. It's just music for christs sakes, it doesn't hurt you.

But anyway, bad album title "When the prawn blah blah blah etc..."... that one. It serves absolutely no purpose to have an epistle as the name of your record, other than being gimmicky.

And Filter's "Title of Record". Pretty lame as well.

Guest LooseCannon

My grandma feels the same way about rock and roll.

Apparently Dr. Dre disagrees. I've heard he thought old Slim was black when he first heard his demos. If so, Dre is a fucking idiot.

And really, I don't know how somebody can hate any form of music. It's just music for christs sakes, it doesn't hurt you.

But anyway, bad album title "When the prawn blah blah blah etc..."... that one. It serves absolutely no purpose to have an epistle as the name of your record, other than being gimmicky.

And Filter's "Title of Record". Pretty lame as well.

I hate Country music. Pretty much all of it too.

I don't mind rap.

I hate the majority of Pop, bubblegum pop, pop punk, pop whatever else there is. The youth of today think they're listening to punk and metal when they're not and most will never know what those true genre's are!

It's a travesty!

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Personally I don't care for any country music that was made after 1960 or so, but I'm not consumed with rage about it. That's what I'm saying, people get way to into hating something.

I have listened to people go on and on, "I hate Britney Spears so much, every time I see her on tv I want to throw the coffee table through it, that bitch sucks so bad what a fucking slut, in fact I'm going to go draw a picture of her being murdered, wait no, actually I won't waste my time on that skank..." and on and on.

I mean, god, she's just a singer, cool down. And I remember in high school there was a popular shirt that said "Rap Sucks". I say if you wear that, you're caring too much.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Eminem-The Eminem Show

The only question now is what name is he going to use next.

"The Shitty CD that will Sell Millions"

Guest starvenger

That's the 90-something word title by the chick who sang "Criminal". I guess she was just (again) following in Alanis Morisette's footsteps by trying to be all worldly and stuff.

Anyways, it's not really a "worst" but I hate when artists have a non-debut album with an epynonomous (sp) title. You know, like "Metallica", "Britney" etc. It's a pet peeve of mine, although the previously mentioned Eminem and Chicago stuff doesn't bother me, since they're following a theme of sorts.

"Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water". Way to go, Durst. There's a reason why my friend and I wrote anti-Bizkit/Durst messages on the backs of our signs.

Guest evenflowDDT

Eminem-The Eminem Show

Where's the theme in that? A "show" isn't related to an EP or an LP at all. A show implies a live act or a broadcast. EP's and LP's are records or CDs. One can theoretically only be done once, the other can be done forever.

Now, if the third album (by the by, an EP isn't an album, more or less a "mini-album", hence the "Extended Play" moniker as opposed to "Long Play") were called The Eminem SP, at least it'd make sense. But it doesn't. Alas!