TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

Tito Ortiz

Guest razazteca

I bet the way WWE logic is Tito Ortiz will be Rey Mysterio or Chavo's 3rd cousin and feud with the FBI or will be HHH's jobber before the big Goldberg match.

Guest art_vandelay
How was that anyways? Stephen Quadros was the fight coordinater so the fight scenes HAD to be good...right?

They were some of the best parts of the movie. Jet Li kicked all kinds of ass. Tito didn't do that much.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I'm reading on Sherdog that a close friend of Tito said that Tito *has* signed with the WWE. In related news, Bas Rutten will be taking on Chuck Liddell for Titos title.

I won't say anything until it's confirmed by Meltzer, but.. Wow.. Wow..

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Man, Tito vs. Angle would be INSANE. Tito vs. Brock I could actually see happening. Tito vs. Benoit is a definite probability if they want to teach Tito how to work. Shit, it's been 5 minutes since I said I wouldn't say anything... They will probably send him down to OVW until Summerslam.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I don't know how popular Tito would be though. I mean, I'm surprised at the lack of recognition on *this board*, so imagine what it would be like in terms of the 'casual' fans. If they are able to get some video footage of his UFC work or set up some training videos, that would help.

Now... If only the WWE could get Team Punishment running buddy Quinton Rampage Jackson - the circle would be complete... He would put the rock to SHAME with his promos!

Guest Lightning Flik
I don't know how popular Tito would be though. I mean, I'm surprised at the lack of recognition on *this board*, so imagine what it would be like in terms of the 'casual' fans. If they are able to get some video footage of his UFC work or set up some training videos, that would help.

Now... If only the WWE could get Team Punishment running buddy Quinton Rampage Jackson - the circle would be complete... He would put the rock to SHAME with his promos!

Actually, what would be hilarious is if the WWE got most of Team Punishment to sign up. Not just Ortiz.

It'd be hilarious because... I don't know. I just find it funny.

Guest razazteca

On the bad side Tito could be the next Ron Waterman, goes to OVW and never really develops into a Pro Wrestler.

On the good side, this can be the begining of a MMA invasion..........bring in Sakuraba, Mir, Sierra!

Guest RavishingRickRudo

But the thing is, the WWE probably wouldn't bring him in as "just another rookie". He would come in as "Tito Ortiz, UFC Lightheavyweight Champion" - if the crowd goes "so what?" then they're fucked because his name doesn't translate with them as being meaningful.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I'm all for an MMA invasion. It allows for more legitimacy and professionalism to come into the WWE (which they need )

Guest El Satanico

Well Scamrock did alright with fans as "hey it's that UFC dude", so it should work for Ortiz.

They just need to put together a video package of him murdering guys. Make sure it includes plenty of footage from the Scamrock fight.

Guest Brian

I was at Mania, four rows away from Tito. Every chance, he was mobbed. He was wearing the "I killed Kenny. You bastard." shirt. He was so cool with everyone, but he was there as a guest of the Rock's and not the WWE. It wouldn't surprise me if he sent feelers, but unlike Shammy he's had no prior experience in the ring and would have to get trained. His match with Shammy was huge and I think he'll be recognized, but I hope he doesn't come in because I want to see the Lidell fight.

But the thing is, the WWE probably wouldn't bring him in as "just another rookie". He would come in as "Tito Ortiz, UFC Lightheavyweight Champion" - if the crowd goes "so what?" then they're fucked because his name doesn't translate with them as being meaningful.

The average fan doesn't have to know what UFC is. If WWE market him as a legitimate fighter who has the belt to prove it then he'll have a chance getting over (provided they give him a push and a bit of a charachter)

Guest Brian

Yeah they do. They may not be familiar with it but most of the average fans were either around during UFC's early heyday, during Shamrock's run, or heard about Tito/Shamrock because of the coverage. They should bring in joshie boy because he has a passion for pro-wrestling as well as shoot fighting.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Tito was mobbed? Wow.

Has Barnett increased his conditioning (aka: does he still jiggle?). On the LAW he talked about how he wanted to give Randy Couture a Dragon Suplex :)

Guest tank_abbott

I guess we can chalk this up to being another baseless IWC rumor...