TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Your Paragon of Virtue

Boromirs Smirking Revenge, Mccleary

Guest J*ingus

Boromir was Ozymandias, a previously-banned poster. McLeary was wacked for starting some shit in Puro and flaming a mod.

Guest Memoirs of an Invisible Chevy

The mods are out for blood lately. I could a warning as well. Better check your sense of humor at the door, they're crackin' down. Especially the Puroheads.

*gets banned*

Guest Crucifixio Jones

So is flaming a mod a more serious offense than flaming a regular poster?

Does having a little "fake" control over an internet messageboard make you more important in a way that I haven't discovered yet?

Guest DrTom
So is flaming a mod a more serious offense than flaming a regular poster?

Depends who you ask. Obviously, the person who banned him thought it was, and when it comes down to it, that's the only opinion that really matters here. Personally, I don't think it's any more important, but I don't invest my ego in bulletin boards, don't take myself seriously, and generally think flaming is a farcially overrated offense. Others' mileage may vary.

There's also the point of view that blatant disrespect and abuse toward forum moderators should not be tolerated, and I can see some validity in that.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

If somebody flames in a post I am generally pretty forgiving, unless it is racist or something.

My problem is when a poster posts a bunch of useless topics with the sole intention of flaming, to the point that they clog up the board.

Guest J*ingus

In this instance, the mod warned McLeary for some stuff, who apparently told the mod to fuck off in return, pretty much punching his own ticket.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

I just don't like the whole putting mods above the regular posters thing. Seems kinda...ghey to me. I mean, really, a mod is just someone who was given access to a few features on an internet messageboard. It's not like they interviewed for the job or displayed some kind of superior accumen in a given field. Someone clicked a box beside their name and made them a "moderator", not "God" or "Mr. Ban."

People tend to become admins and mods and think WAY too much of themselves. Get some perspective.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

When you get a warning and your response is "fuck you" you will be banned. That should be clear enough.

Warnings let you know that you have one shot left...immediatly turning around and using that to flame anyone is how you get your ticket punched.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Tom speaks the truth. He's had a big head for a while.

Is there a way to change the status of Moderator to "Mr. Ban?" That sounds really awesome.

Guest areacode212

I was actually considering changing my name to that, except that I hardly ever ban anyone.

Edited by areacode212

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Jeez, you mods have it rough.

(someone flames/trolls)

"Friggin' mods are never around when you need them."

(mod bans somebody)

"Friggin' mod has an itchy trigger finger."

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I would like to throw my hat in the ring to become a mod. We need more mods.

Guest DrTom

(someone flames/trolls)

(mod bans somebody)

It's definitely a thankless job, most of the time. But I knew that when I took it, and I have no regrets or complaints. If people want to see me as a bad guy or a prick for doing what I think needs to be done to maximize the enjoyment of this forum, then so be it. If they want to tell me that, that's fine too. I don't take myself seriously enough that if someone said, "I think you're a shitty mod," that I'd go, "OMG BAN PLZ~!!"

Generally, I think all of our moderators do good jobs, and I've had very little cause to question anyone's judgment in handling some matter on these boards.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I would like to throw my hat in the ring to become a mod. We need more mods.

:firedevil: :considers starting a thread to further the cause: :firedevil:

Guest Kotzenjunge

(someone flames/trolls)

(mod bans somebody)

It's definitely a thankless job, most of the time. But I knew that when I took it, and I have no regrets or complaints. If people want to see me as a bad guy or a prick for doing what I think needs to be done to maximize the enjoyment of this forum, then so be it. If they want to tell me that, that's fine too. I don't take myself seriously enough that if someone said, "I think you're a shitty mod," that I'd go, "OMG BAN PLZ~!!"

Generally, I think all of our moderators do good jobs, and I've had very little cause to question anyone's judgment in handling some matter on these boards.

(clears throat)

I think you're a shitty mod, and even my Caprice owns your Maxima Modmobile. :P

That is all.

Guest DrTom

OMG BAN PL... damn, I said I wouldn't do that. Uh...

Hm.

Oh, just fuck off. :P

Guest Kotzenjunge

Yes, the car that second graders designed. Good lord, I thought that exterior was some elaborate joke or a concept car when I first saw it.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

but the interior (and it's functionality) ownz j00, hom0f@g

i guess the exterior is an acquired taste, qu33r