TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndrewTS

Favorite moves not seen on WWE/F TV

Guest AndrewTS

What are some of your personal favorite moves that...for some reason or another, just don't show up on WWE TV?

Any piledriver would about be at the top of my list. Shame that only Undertaker gets to do any these days.

I could be wrong, but when is the last time you saw anyone do a Crucifix? That move is pretty awesome looking, but I haven't seen it since the Bret/Shawn days, although I think Eddy has/may still do it once in a great while.

Varied superplexes. Ever since Tazz has been in the booth and Saturn was let go, usually you see nothing but the basic superplex. I'd mark out if some one would do something like the Spider Suplex in SYM for PS2: German Suplex off the top rope, keeping the legs hooked on the top rope, then BAM, a moonsault for the pin and the 3.

RVD's Split Legged Moonsault--if he did it on a PPV or Raw recently, then chalk it up to me not seeing the show. I'm glad it's not his finisher anymore, but still looked cool.

Test Drive--good move...give it to a better worker, preferably a Cruiserweight.

Breakdown--Jericho's short-lived extra finisher.

The combination powerbombs-- Another Jericho staple. Brock did it all of...two times, and haven't seem him do it since.

Guest bravesfan

...*cough*VERTABREAKER*cough*

...at least I have the last instance of the move on tape.

Guest Showstoppa Icon

Crucifix Powerbomb- Still my favorite version of the powerbomb to this day. Im gonna hate watchin the Nash bomb every week now.

Oh and i like that move Reno did called "roll the dice" and i think Test used it

Guest AndrewTS

Ahhh. Oh yeah, definitely. On my SYM I actually gave Helms that as a finisher and put the Chokeslam as a regular move.

I think we could put the Brock Shooting Star Press here, as he'll not be permitted to do that for a long time, if ever, but clips I've seen of it rocked.

Guest AndrewTS

The Harlem/Houston Hangover. Used all of one time in WWE, and on a PPV. Meh...the Scissor Kick sucks as a finish.

Guest Showstoppa Icon

although ive only seen this move used by one team. I 4get the name of it. But it was the double team kick move that The Eliminators used in ECW. I always thaught it kicked ass.

Guest bravesfan
although ive only seen this move used by one team. I 4get the name of it. But it was the double team kick move that The Eliminators used in ECW. I always thaught it kicked ass.

"Total Elimination".

Guest Vitamin X

The Harlem/Houston Hangover has been used twice, both at Wrestlemania. I think.

Guest Sandman9000

Total Elimination, and I'm surprised no team has ever ripped that off as a finisher on a regular basis.

I like the standing shooting star press, even though that one guy from TE3 did bust it out during that show.

I also think someone in the weeeeee could be allowed to use the Chokebreaker sometime. Not that dangerous a move.

Guest AndrewTS
Crucifix Powerbomb- Still my favorite version of the powerbomb to this day. Im gonna hate watchin the Nash bomb every week now.

Oh and i like that move Reno did called "roll the dice" and i think Test used it

That's the Testdrive.

I'd like to also mention that I miss a lot of HHH's pre-quad-tear offense. He used the Crucifix Powerbomb at Rumble 2001, BTW.

Also:

Single Arm DDT

Suspended Vertical Suplex

Belly to Belly Suplex (maybe Steiner could re-teach him)

basic Flair-like knee wearing down moves like the kneebreaker

He did bring back the Indian Deathlock, though. :P

Guest AndrewTS
I also think someone in the weeeeee could be allowed to use the Chokebreaker sometime. Not that dangerous a move.

Chokeslam to Backbreaker?

Oh, and speaking of which, what about the chokeslam (single arm, that is) into a powerbomb?

Oh, I'd like to add the Hurri-Kane-rana and Kane's pinning powerbomb.

I miss the Liontamer as well.

Guest Dace59

Someone is CZW does a Chokeslam Backbreaker.

Chokeslam to Powerbomb is the Mericale Exstacy Bomb.

And the order of name for the Inverted Swinging Neckbreaker:

Last Rites -> Spin Doctor -> Roll the Dice -> Test Drive.

Miracle Exstacy Bomb. Only seen it one time and that was on my ECW "Barely Legal" DVD where TAKA/Togo/Mens Teioh went up against Gran Naniwa/Great Sasuke/Masato Yakushiki. Excellent match, crazy shit going on all over the place. IIRC, Teioh did it to Yakushiki (who got murdered most of the match). Looking at it, all I could say was "Imagine if someone over 6 feet tall had that move!"

Other than that, I agree with the Vertebreaker, Jericho's repeated powerbomb, and the Crucifix Bomb. Plus, I want to see the Code Red more often (if that's the move Rey did on Noble a few months back, with the spinning sunset flip). I never get to see ROH, TNA, or any of that stuff so I never saw The Amazing Red do it. Damn that move looks sweet.

Guest El Satanico

I've always liked Diamond Dust from the first time I saw it and I don't think it's ever been done within WWe.

I'd mos def like to see Jericho use the breakdown again it was a sweet move especially onto the chair on the Rock. It sucks that hte lionsault has been so downgraded everyone can kick out of that now, where as back in 2000 he was beating people with it.

Guest Si82

Hurrican has done the Vertabreaker on WWE TV.

He did on an episode of Heat not too long ago.

I totally marked out for it, hell even the announcers made a big deal of it.

Mind you I've only ever seen it the once on WWE TV.

Reverse Death Valley Driver is a good move that no one has taken yet. Also a good old dragon suplex, and a Tajiri-like ECW Brainbuster, the one he did to Steve Corino at Hardcore Heaven 2000 comes to mind, that match was sweet, especially with Corinos long bleached hair turning bright red from the blood.

A cradle piledriver would be good too, hang on, any piledriver would be good!

Guest bravesfan
Hurrican has done the Vertabreaker on WWE TV.

He did on an episode of Heat not too long ago.

I totally marked out for it, hell even the announcers made a big deal of it.

Mind you I've only ever seen it the once on WWE TV.

I was trying to point that it hasn't been done ENOUGH in the WWE. To my knowledge, it's been done only twice on WWE TV.

-- on the Heat not too long ago, against Steven Richards I believe.

-- IIRC, on a pre-PPV Heat, against Steven Richards once again.

I have the last instance of it (the Heat match) on tape.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

He did it on Jakked too, against AJ Styles (Jan. 02, when he was still with Molly).

Guest razazteca

La Reinera - the spinning back2back breaker by Shocker, last seen in ECW by Tajiri as Joey Styles called some kind of Airplane Spin.

Surfboard move

Double Team finishers other than 3D

Everything Nova "invented"

Hayabusa moves like Falcon Arrow or Phoenix Firebird move(s)

Gedo Clutch

Cattle Mulation

Guest Spaceman Spiff
Reverse Death Valley Driver is a good move that no one has taken yet

Ah, the "Burning Hammer." Chaz used that as his finisher a few years ago.

The Houston Hangover was used at Wrestlemania and at Vengeance of 2002.

Funaki has done the Diamond Dust on WWE TV but no one watches Velocity.

Sandman9000 can correct me, but I believe that Nick Gage of CZW does the chokeslam into a backbreaker.

Dames

Guest notJames

I wish someone could do Owen Hart's running belly-to-belly. Such a sweet move, and it's a shame that the only one who even tries it (Rock) fucks it up completely and turns it into a "barely-to-belly" suplex.

As for the Diamond Dust, I believe Funaki was the last person to use it in WW_, on an older episode of Velocity. I'm surprised he doesn't use that, and instead uses a run-of-the-mill tornado DDT that he calls the Rising Sun.

As for the crucifix powerbomb, supposedly Sean O'Haire has been using it a finisher in dark matches, instead of the Cruel Intentions move he used to do. And Matt Hardy recently busted out Splash Mountain on Rey Rey, I think (or maybe it was Kendrick).

Guest Breetai

Kawada-style Brainbuster, or maybe a nice, stiff backdrop driver.

I'd mark for the Tiger Suplex.

Guest Goodear

Matt Hardy broke out the crusifix sitout powerbomb just two weeks ago on Smackdown during the tag match with Kendrick and Rey. Hasn't O'Haire been using it as a finisher during dark matches as well?

I wish someone could do Owen Hart's running belly-to-belly. Such a sweet move, and it's a shame that the only one who even tries it (Rock) fucks it up completely and turns it into a "barely-to-belly" suplex.

Honestly, do you all think Rock does it that way every time by accident? That's the way he wants to use the thing, I think its just about time people let it go.

Guest Sandman9000

Yep, Nick Gage uses the Chokebreaker, a la Chokeslam into a backbreaker. Give it to Jones or someone else big, it looks vicious and can't be fucked up too bad. In theory.

I'd love to see someone try to bust out the Infared or any of the other high flying moves from the ROH scrambles, but the only ones that look agile enough are Rey and Moore.

Guest notJames

Honestly, do you all think Rock does it that way every time by accident? That's the way he wants to use the thing, I think its just about time people let it go.

That's my point. Rock's B2B looks terrible, almost "business-exposing" and he hasn't even tried to make it look good. It's no secret that he uses a lot of Owen's trademark moves as a tribute to him, but I'd rather he stuck to his "pine-buster" and left the suplexing to someone who could make it look good.

BTW, Hardy's crucifix sitout powerbomb is the Splash Mountain I mentioned in the same post. Also in the same post, I mentioned O'Haire using the falling crucifix bomb, which is more akin to Scott Hall's Razor's/Outsider Edge than the Splash Mountain.

Guest Sandman9000

Well, Nathan has to be given something to use as a finisher, and I'd rather he simply lift a person two feet off the ground and drop them across his thigh then use something like a powerbomb, which really is a Droz incident waiting to happen.