Reading - Little Johns Farm, Reading Rd, Berks

Friday, August 22: Linkin Park, Blink 182

Saturday, August 23: Blur, The White Stripes

Sunday, August 24: Metallica, System Of A Down

Leeds - Temple Newsam Park, West Yorkshire

Friday, August 22: Metallica, System Of A Down

Saturday, August 23: Linkin Park, Blink 182

Sunday, August 24: Blur, The White Stripes

Other acts confirmed to play are as follows: Sum 41, Beck, Placebo, Doves, The Streets, Elbow, The Music, Courtney Love, Good Charlotte, The Polyphonic Spree, The Datsuns, AFI, The Mars Volta, Hundred Reasons, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Cooper Temple Clause.

Whats your thoughts on the line up so far?

At the moment i think its pretty good not all to my taste but a nice variety.

Guest saturnmark4life

What a total shitfest. A shame too, I loved it last year, but I don't think any of my people are going anyway. The white stripes just shouldn't headline any festival. They were terrible on the main stage last year, one of the worst acts I've ever seen.

I've seen the streets and AFI, not the biggest fan of either but they were both damn good, there is no one on the list that interests me otherwise. I WANT FUCKING TOOL!

Guest WhenDanSaysJump

I'm pretty nonplussed about all festival lineups in the UK this summer.

Maybe I could get to the Kerrang Weekender. Maybe not.

Meh.

Well i reckon it'll probably be worth the £90 alone just to see Metallica. Its been a while since they've been over here.

Guest saturnmark4life

I quite like Metallica and SOAD (still) but £95?? plus at least £100 for beer, food, beer and travel. Fuck it. And it will be full of cunts. Dear God the sheer possible numbers of cunts just doesn't bare thinking about. All with their emo hoodies on. Get my gun.

Leed's is even worse i had to go to that last year because Reading sold out, it was full of twats. But seeing Guns n' Roses made it worth the trip.

Guest caboose

I've already got my ticket.

If Metallica play just two tracks from before Load, i'll be happy.

I'm gonna nail Chester from Linkin Park with a platic bottle if it's the last thing I do.

System are always good, and Blur should be fun.

Guest Renegade

Damn that is one shitty lineup and their is no way I'm wasting my money to go this time.

Makes me feel glad I went last year.

Guest Dace59

You'll be lucky if you remember how to play them.

I heard an intreweiv with the singer from The Huanted, and he'd seen Metallica at some festivalm and apperntly, they couldn't remember how to play Trapped Under Ice.

Guest caboose

You'll be lucky if you remember how to play them.

I heard an intreweiv with the singer from The Huanted, and he'd seen Metallica at some festivalm and apperntly, they couldn't remember how to play Trapped Under Ice.

I know I'd be asking a lot holding out for Fade To Black or One, but surely they can remember how to play Enter Sandman and Master Of Puppets?

DAMN LARS!

Guest Dace59

Enter then Sandman wouldnt be asking too much.

Anything pre Black Album is though.

Because Pre Black Album = Good - Great

Black Album and Post = Shit - Really Shit.

Guest caboose
Black Album and Post = Shit - Really Shit.

S&M and Unforgiven II wasn't that bad, but the rest definately was.

Guest BAR

I juts tried ordering Sunday tickets on their site but couldn't get any. When I tried for Friday & Saturday there were no problems. Don't tell me the 'tallica tickets are gone already. I damn sure don't want a weekend ticket.

Guest The Hamburglar

I'm waiting for the rest of the line-up before I decide whether to go or not. If they chuck in someone like Aphex Twin or Squarepusher for one of the smaller tents I'm there. If not, I have to say the headliners don't really appeal to me much. SoaD, White Stripes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, the Streets and the Music are all good for me, but some of the rest are so shite/not my type of thing its unbelievable. Good Charlotte? Fuck bottles, get me a gun. The thought of Blink 182 also makes me want to vomit copiously. However, I could use this year to check out more minor bands, as well as sample the comedy tent. Last year's fantastic line-up was wasted on me and my mate, due to the fact that we spent most of the time utterly pissed and/or monged. Still, gave me the opportunity to wear a quite unbelievably disturbing blonde wig. But really its kind of a challenge - can the Good Charlotte/Blink 182/Linkin Park axis try and top the heinous shittyness that was Puddle of Mudd? I think not. Quite possibly the most peadolicious performance ever, that was.

Guest Renegade
can the Good Charlotte/Blink 182/Linkin Park axis try and top the heinous shittyness that was Puddle of Mudd? I think not. Quite possibly the most peadolicious performance ever, that was.

Pft, it wasnt that bad.

Incubus however, were the worse thing on that day, the crowd showed it.

Guest saturnmark4life

Amen also made me laugh with how unbeliveably awful they were. As did the white stripes. Terrible. NOFX and Andrew WK are two of the best shows I've ever seen though, and the streets, GnR, TSOOL and the hives were all a lot of fun. And of course I was pretty fucking drunk, which is what got me through all the rest of the crap. No-one I knows is going I don't think, so nevermind.

Guest Dr. Wrestlingphysics

I went to Reading last year and had a good time, and even though the line up this year is pretty patchy, I'm sure that I'd have a good time due to beer and friends. Pity this year I'm poor.

Last year my fave's were the Hives, their stage act just ruled. Being egotistical, it just cracked me and my friends up. WIth the stuff like "Please me please me" when he wanted us to applaud him and "We are the main course today, everyone that was before us we're the starter everyone one after us is the dessert" it was just funny.

Some people around me were getting really pissed off with them cus of their act, talk about losers.

Guest swan
I WANT FUCKING TOOL!

You'll have to wait till 2005. They issued a press release a few weeks back to let fans know the band was hiatus until 2005 so the members can work on side projects and relax.

the link:

http://www.blistering.com/news/newsdet.php3?ID=4728

Well fuck I just looked at it and it was an April Fools Joke. Very funny.

Edited by swan

Guest Anorak

I just had a call tonight from a friend who wanted to know if I fancied going. The line up doesn't exactly thrill me either to be honest as I'd only be interested in seeing Blur, White Stripes, Elbow, SOAD, Beck and Metallica. Maybe if there were slightly less really poor acts there I might be more tempted. I saw Elbow just over a year ago at a small club and they were brilliant, you don't often get the same atmosphere at festivals often enough. If I could majic up a ticket to see REM this summer i'd be there in a shot.

Guest saturnmark4life
Last year my fave's were the Hives, their stage act just ruled. Being egotistical, it just cracked me and my friends up. WIth the stuff like "Please me please me" when he wanted us to applaud him and "We are the main course today, everyone that was before us we're the starter everyone one after us is the dessert" it was just funny.

Some people around me were getting really pissed off with them cus of their act, talk about losers.

That makes me want to bang my head against a brick wall. Same with AWK hate, but I go on about that quite a lot. Hope you enjoy your 'deeper' music guys...linkin park etc...

Guest Dace59

Yes, I will enjoy my kick ass 40 minute song that was a land mark, and the band showing why they rule so much.

*Hits play on Crimson*

Guest saturnmark4life

I sincerely hope you do. Honestly, as much as most music strikes me as downright offensive these days, if you like it then whatever, neither of us will change eachother's opinions.

Guest Dace59

What brought offensive music into this?

Yes I like music with blantent and more stuble shock value.

I like technical stuff, I like chessy stuff.

I like deep stuff when I'm in the mood for it.

*Gives the bird to Indie*

Still, you're right. And that's not a good thing that people are so entrenched at times

I would love to see AFI, Metallica, SOAD, and as much as I hate to say it Linkin Park is growing on me. I saw the Mtv 2 concert they put on and God help me I found myself getting into it.

But you know what. I've found myself letting this board dictate what music I listen to way too much and it's time for me to listen to what I wanna listen to.

Guest saturnmark4life

I meant offensive as in SO bad, and I thought you were defending Linkin Park for a second there. Heh.

"INTERPOL, ELECTRIC SIX, THE LIBERTINES, PRIMAL SCREAM and this week's NME cover stars HOT HOT HEAT are the latest additions to this year's THE CARLING WEEKEND: READING AND LEEDS festivals"

Thats cool. I love the Libertines, and I've wanted to see PS since i missed them in 2000. For me, the best acts are usually on the undercard. The White Stripes, Libertines, Aphex Twin, Peaches, Vines, The Parkinsons, The Mouldy Peaches and (hell yeah) the mighty IKARA COLT B-) were what made reading memorable last year, not the strokes, foos or prodigy (cool as they all are)

Anyway, I should be going to Glastonbury too, so sod it :D

Guest The Hamburglar
"INTERPOL, ELECTRIC SIX, THE LIBERTINES, PRIMAL SCREAM and this week's NME cover stars HOT HOT HEAT are the latest additions to this year's THE CARLING WEEKEND: READING AND LEEDS festivals"

And quite suddenly I am interested again. The Libertines are great.