TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
janusd

Promo: We've Lost Our Mind

The receptionist sits at her desk, typing away diligently at her computer. She pauses however when a great shadow falls across her desk, and she looks up - and up - into the deep green eyes of the white-haired Janus, who stares down at her. He's got his usual black pants and boots on, as well as a black shirt that seems to have his name on the front. It's hard to see as the ensemble is rounded out by a long White trenchcoat, that suits the giant's white hair. She blinks once, then looks at her records.

"Mr.... Janus, yes? Dr. Frood has been expecting you. Third door down, on the left."

Without a word, Janus turns away from the desk, walking with a calm, heavy step down the hallway. Pausing once, he doesn't even knock on the door, pushing it up and stalking into the room. The emaciated, pale figure of Dr. Frood looks up from his desk and adjusts his glasses.

"Ah....Janus. Take your seat on the couch and we'll begin, shall we?"

Janus stares a hole through Frood, making the psychatrist quiver and supress a twinge of fear in his stomach, before the giant heads over to the couch and lays down on it, crossing his arms over his chest and half-closing his eyes as Dr. Frood takes his seat beside the couch.

"Now...you seem a lot calmer, Janus. Have you any reason for being so?"

A slight smile crosses the monster's face.

"Terrence makes noise, but it doesn't affect me at all."

"So he's gone quiet?"

"No. He continues to speak to me about wanting control, trying to stay my hand. He's pathetic, really."

Frood takes notes. Last time the giant had been in, he had been a lot more vocal about his apparent other personality, exclaiming over how it had been trying to take control of his mind and make him a more peacable giant. After a pause, Frood chooses his next words carefully.

"Janus."

"Hmm?"

"May I...speak...with Terrence?"

The giant sits bolt upright on the couch, flipping his hair out of his face and fixing Frood with a stare that could have bored a hole through Antarctic ice. Quivering in fear, the psychiatrist nearly drops his notebook, before Janus frowns and lays back on the couch as if contemplating. The next time he speaks...

...his voice is slightly different. Softer. More amiable. The ever-present frown on Janus' face fades away.

"You...wished to talk, Doctor?"

"....you are....Terrence...yes? What do you...think...of this current situation?"

The giant smiles faintly.

"You sound skeptical, Dr. Frood. Yes, that's who I am. As for the situation....Janus is a blood-hungry, violent powermonger...he lives for the thrill of beating the hell out of others in the confines of a wrestling ring..."

Frood scribbles down notes furiously, then looks up at the peaceable giant.

"And you?"

"I wanted to entertain the fans...they Liked me...and then the matches got more brutal...and Janus took over."

As Frood opens his mouth to ask another question, the seven footer's hands fly to his temples, and he rubs them furiously as if trying to stave off a headache, shaking his head, and that perpetual scowl on his face slides back on.

"See, Frood? He's a whiner, nothing more. Can't you prescribe me something to shut him the hell up now?"

Frood adds another page of notes to his notebook about how vicious the giant is after Terrence had spoken. Then he shakes his head.

"There's drugs I can prescribe...but I can't tell if your case is bad enough to require them."

"I HAVE A FUCKING VOICE IN MY HEAD AND YOU CAN'T TELL!?!!"

Janus stands up from the couch, the volume of his voice rising as he glares down at Frood. Without a word, the giant storms past the psychatrist's chair and out the door, slamming it behind him. Faintly, the receptionist's 'have a nice day' is heard being cut off by an angry "ARGH" from Janus.

Frood pauses, and then turns his attention to one of the side doors. The figure who emerges makes sure to stay out of view as he speaks.

"Well...he seems to have a lot of problems."

"That he does...I don't usually let others listen in on my clients, Mr...?"

The figure smiles faintly.

"Call me Markus."

And then he too walks out the door, that faint smile still on his features, leaving Frood all alone in his office. Checking his notes, Frood contemplates.

~Professional interest be damned, I'm not giving a unique case like this ANY drugs...I hope Mr. Markus has some idea of what he can do...~

Guest realitycheck

So, did Crow lie about being a doctor to get into the session, or what? Because Crow x labcoat = funny mental image.

Anyway, good shit, Janus.

-Z