TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crazy Dan

The Official 2003 NBA Playoffs Thread

Guest razazteca

I hate last minute game winning 3 pointer shots, Bawh Gawd Hortiwetz wins Hortiwetz wins......err Suns win.

Damn you Spurs for not making 3 free throws at the end.

Guest HHH123007

My prediction of the Suns over the Spurs in 7 looks pretty good right about now... :lol:

Guest HHH123007

BTW, here were my predictions for the entire thing...

1st Round

EAST

Detroit over Orlando in 5

New Jersey over Milwaukee in 6

Indiana over Boston in 5

Philadelphia over New Orleans in 5

WEST

Phoenix over San Antonio in 7

Sacramento over Utah in 5

Dallas over Portland in 7

Los Angeles over Minnesota in 6

2nd Round

EAST

Philadelphia over Detroit in 6

Indiana over New Jersey in 6

WEST

Los Angeles over Phoenix in 5

Sacramento over Dallas in 6

3rd Round

EAST

Philadelphia over Indiana in 7

WEST

Sacramento over Los Angeles in 6

Finals

Sacramento over Philadelphia in 6

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus

Stephon Marbury absolutely owns Tony Parker.

That is all.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Tony Parker...this is Stephon Marbury. You will be his bitch for the next 4 to 7 games. Enjoy.

Seriously, Phoenix did an amazing job on Duncan, the best I've seen, the immediate double team had it's flaws but in the end, Duncan wasn't much of a factor at all. And he choked like Karl Malone and Nick Anderson's love child at the line.

Guest Crazy Dan

Good day for basketball. I think that Phoenix is going to be a big problem for the Spurs. As the season series showed, the Suns appear to have the Spurs number so far. Of course, I don't see Duncan being shut down like he was today. This definately has the makings of a seven game series.

The Kings are also in store for a dog fight too against the Jazz. If the Kings are able to hold them off, then I believe that it will only make the Kings better, and that much tougher to beat. The kings have the best bench in basketball, which helps when their starters are not off to a good start. I also liked how Webber did take it to the hole on numerous occasions. If we does that, the Kings are going to be very hard to beat.

New Jersey looked the most impressive in the East. And Indiana looks like they are in for a dog fight of their own against Boston.

The Kings are just fun to watch play. They most be the most frustrating team on the planet to guard. Who CAN'T drive and knock down a 3 on that team?

As I mentioed previously, Tony Parker will be Mr. Marbury's bitch for the next 6 to 7 games. I wouldn't be surprised if Phoenix took it.

Portland...is better than the Mavericks. They made that quite clear when both teams were playing at their peak at the beginning. Then Portland imploded. Then the Mavs scraped the bones. Oof, it's so sad to see a team that is that talented just fuckin suck like that.

New Jersey is respectable, they blew them out somethin propa yo.

Indian blows officially.

That is all.

Guest razazteca

The major problem the Spurs had in the game was the 3 point shot, in the 4th quarter when they were nursing the 2 point lead they always went for the outside shot and they missed nearly all of them, leaving Ginobli or Duncan trying to get the rebound when they rarely got. Amare Stodamire, Shawn Marion and Stephan Marbury just played a superior game with a coach that got lucky with his strategy actually working....foul often hoping the opponet will miss the free throws.

Its a wake up call for the Spurs, its time for them to act serious and not over look the Suns.

Guest CED Ordonez
Who says the Spurs are soft? Kevin Willas just got ejected from the game for throwing elbows at Scott Williams which had Williams knocked out for several minutes.

They repeatedly showed the replay on that and while it was a vicious hit, Willis tipping the ball and it just happening to do the ol' "ball to the groin" trick on a prone Williams is worth a chuckle.

Guest Mad Dog

Dish had a free preview of it for about 2 months. It didn't really thrill me that much.

Guest Rob Van Dam
Who says the Spurs are soft?  Kevin Willas just got ejected from the game for throwing elbows at Scott Williams which had Williams knocked out for several minutes.

They repeatedly showed the replay on that and while it was a vicious hit, Willis tipping the ball and it just happening to do the ol' "ball to the groin" trick on a prone Williams is worth a chuckle.

that was wicked, that ball had some velocity on it when it nailed williams below the belt

Guest bob_barron

Seeing the Nets beat the hell out of Milwaukee was a joy to watch. They looked focused and prepared and not like the Nets who had been struggling since February.

Good to see Dikembee was able to be effective after the death of his brother and looks like the K3 Connection is playing terrific. Let's see how long we can hold Payton scoreless the next game

Box score shocker of the night:

Greg Ostertag 18 points!?

ALthough Marbury is the better point guard in the series, I don't think Parker will be his bitch, I mean really what did Marbury shoot 9-28? The Spurs will take that every night. Should be great series, although to me that game showed why the Spurs will not beat the Lakers.

Guest Redhawk

I thought the Magic was supposed to be shutting down Grant Hill until the playoffs? He didn't play today. Is he even going to be able to play again?

Guest GameCop

nope, Grant Hill's career is basically over. Did you see the Lakers throttle Minnesota? Damn, the Lakers are going all the way; I can just feel IT!

Guest bob_barron
nope, Grant Hill's career is basically over. Did you see the Lakers throttle Minnesota? Damn, the Lakers are going all the way; I can just feel IT!

You mean the Lakers didn't intentionally lose??

Guest Johnson1620

The Timberwolves didn't know whether to shit or go blind. It was great! This one might only go 5. As long as the role players are doing their part The Lakers can't be beat in a best of seven series. For that matter, they really can't be beat in a best of seven period.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Damn, Iverson just dropped the "double nickle" on the Hornets. 76ers win 98-90.

Good Lord. That was maybe the only Iverson performance ever where I wasn't thinking "Why is he shooting that?!" He actually shot a good shot every time down.

The T-Wolves just looked pathetic. Nice job helpin K-G there guys. Ugh.

Guest Choken One

I was praying A.I would get 64 and then just laugh at Jordan's "numbers" being killed left and right...55 shall suffice.

Amazing...

Iverson-55

Nowitzki-46

Bryant-39

McGrady-43

Not bad from these guys...

Of course the "MVPs" didn't show up, Duncan and Garnett...

Guest Johnson1620
I was praying A.I would get 64 and then just laugh at Jordan's "numbers" being killed left and right...55 shall suffice.

Amazing...

Iverson-55

Nowitzki-46

Bryant-39

McGrady-43

Not bad from these guys...

Of course the "MVPs" didn't show up, Duncan and Garnett...

Kobe is still in the running for MVP, isn't he. With 6 or 8(I forget) 40 point games in a row and alot of 30 point games in a row I would think he was still in the running.

Guest Choken One

According to the "PRESS"

The Order is...

Duncan

Garnett

McGrady

Bryant

Wallace

Nowitzki

Iverson

Guest EI Cubano

I'll throw my predictions in to the hat:

Eastern Conference

(1)Detroit

(8)Orlando

The East really has been a story of single players willing their teams past what appear to be better teams on paper. T-Mac tore shit up and in their own arena Detroit did not look like the team that led the Eastern conference and defeated Sac and the Lakers in the last month. Their problem is the lack of a dependable go to guy, but I think that they will edge past Orlando in a hard fought seven game series.

(4)Philadelphia

(5)New Orleans

You HAVE to love Allen Iverson on the court regardless of if you hate him off of it. People will inevitably complain that he took too many shots in game 1 (31), but when he makes 20 of them you can't deny that he's effective. The problem is, AI doesn't always shoot so well and most of the time ends up at around 40-42% from the field, so Keith Van Horn, Eric Snow and DC are going to have to step it up as a team or else they will fall to the better all around Hornets. I still got Philly in 6 though.

(3)Indiana

(6)Boston

Again the Celtics were more or less a one man show with Paul Pierce solidifying himself as a main event player dropping around 40 points including some huge shots down the stretch, but I'm selling the Celtics and Antoine Walker in particular as I don't have a hell of a lot of stock in them personally. The Pacers are a young team, but they dominated Boston for 40 minutes of play and some time out problems really cost them down the stretch. I'll take the Pacers in six.

(2)New Jersey

(7)Milwaukee

Alot of people have a lot of faith in Milwauke and they scare me for one reason: they have nothing to lose. No one expected this team to even make the playoffs, let alone be the hottest team in the East going in to the playoffs with more chemistry than anyone would have thought after a trade shook things up late season. Gary Payton will likely be a Warrior next season and the team will start over, so again what do they possibly have to lose? However, New Jersey have the experience, the better all around team, better ball distribution and a better go to guy in Jason Kidd, so I'm smelling a sweep, 4-0 New Jersey.

Western Conference

(1)San Antonio

(8)Phoenix

The Spurs were my pic to maul the entire league on route to the championship, and then they met the Suns. Sure one could argue that both the huge 3 pointers for the Suns were luck, but the Spurs shouldnt have let an 8 seed even stay close enough to contend, especially at home. As brilliant as Tony Parker has been, he can't stop Marbury and not a lot of people in the league can. This will be one hell of a series, but I'm taking San Antonio in 6 because they have the experience and they can get it done on the road.

(4)Minnesota

(5)Los Angeles

Poor KG, he's a damn good player but he got a hell of a bad draw in the first round and I have a feeling a lot of people are going to turn on him when the Lakers get swept and the first round curse for the Twolves continues. The Lakers coasted during the season, they turned it up a month ago and it sucks to be the rest of the league honestly. Derek Fisher is playing playoff ball, Rick Fox is Robert Horry is likely on the verge of explosion as always. SWEEEEEEP.

(3)Dallas

(6)Portland

I have a feeling that Dallas is going to force people to respect them. They had the best record in the league for 3/4 of the season yet everyone talks about the West like it is a three team race. Dirk brought the house down and Portland are just too unpredictable. Dalls in 5.

(2)Sacramento

(7)Utah

Sac have 2:1 odds according to Vegas to win it all and I don't think so cousin Larrrry. My reasoning is gone in to detail on over in my 411Mania column that went up today so if you care, check it out there, but Sac should have no problem with the Jazz.Utah are just too old. A younger Utah core in the weaker western conference couldnt get it done so how can they do it now?

Conference Semi-Finals

Eastern Conference

(1)Detroit

(4)Philadelphia

If the Detroit team that tore it up in regulation shows up than their defense will shut down the Sixers, but I love the heart of Philly and see them taking the series in 5.

(6) Indiana

(2) New Jersey

I love Indiana and Ron Artests self control could be the x factor, but they are just too young to beat a returning Eastern Conference champion in my opinion.

Western Conference

(1)San Antonio

(5)Los Angeles

Regardless of who wins this series, the two teams are going to beat the living hell out of eachother. It will go seven in my opinion, but I think the Lakers will put out a tough win in San Antonio.

(3)Dallas

(2)Sacramento

People talk like the Kings are getting an easy draw facing the Mavs rather than the Spurs or the Lakers, but Dallas is a good damn team and both teams will likely be shooting the lights out. I like Sacramento on the matchups, experience and heart though, so I'll go Sac in six.

Conference Finals

Eastern Conference

(4)Philadelphia

(2)New Jersey

The last two teams to win the Eastern Conference Championship, I think this one will come down to which star guard can get the rest of their team most involved and productive. I love Philly so I'm going to play favorites in this one and pick them in 6.

Western Conference

(5)Los Angeles

(3)Sac

Lewsis/Tyson two and the matchup that EVERYONE has been waiting eleven months for. If NBA officiating really is skewed, this is the series that the league would to see "main eventing" the western conference. Both teams would likely come in beat down from their previous series and Sacramento always takes things to a new level at home. I think the Lakers will be lucky to take two in Sacramento so they need to perform at home, but you have to take a note from the teams meeting three weeks ago when LA DESTROYED Sacramento. Lakers in 6.

NBA Finals

Philly vs. Los Angeles

It Pains me to say, but Philly just gets killed on the matchups with LA and a one man team can't hang with a dynasty. Lakers in 5, winning their fourth consecutive NBA championship.

Guest razazteca

Well the Spurs win in an ugly game that had both teams put too much faith in the 3 pointer.

Guest Lethargic

HAHA That damn Chris Webber. He's hilarious. He just pulled his yearly tradition of "oh, it's the playoffs, time to sprain my ankle so I'll have an excuse when we lose to the Lakers again."

Guest Masked Heel

I really don't get all the Laker hate on the board guess everybody hates a winner

Predictions

First Round:Eastern Conference

(1)Detroit

(8)Orlando

Winner Detroit

(4)Philadelphia

(5)New Orleans

Winner Philadelphia

(3)Indiana

(6)Boston

Winner Boston

(2)New Jersey

(7)Milwaukee

Winer New Jersey

Western Conference

(1)San Antonio

(8)Phoenix

Winner San Antonio but i'm cheering for Phoenix

(4)Minnesota

(5)Los Angeles

Winner Lakers no doubt

(3)Dallas

(6)Portland

Winner Dallas

(2)Sacramento

(7)Utah

Winner Sacramento

Later rounds to come when they begin

Guest Crazy Dan

Good to see the Spurs pull that victory out. But I see that series being a complete dogfight. I see this going seven games. The key here was Duncan's adjustment. He was moving around more, and making the Sun's double teams less effective. I think if the Suns had a center, then they would win this going away. Also a key was Marion being a non factor tonight.

A very impressive win for the Kings. The Jazz are a team that is very hard to blow out. Even without Webber, the Kings still killed the Jazz. It's not often where you can dominate a team when you lose your best player, but the Kings showed why they have the deepest bench in th NBA, which can pick up the slack. If the Kings play like this, it will be a very short series. I don't think Utah has enough athletic talent to win four from the Kings. I do see them winning at least one game, more than likely I see them winning Game 3(This was a game I was actually able to watch, so I have more insight).

I didn't get to see the Indiana-Boston game, but it looks like the Pacers got their heads on straight enough to win. This should go at least six game.

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus

Kings layeth the smacketh down on the Jazz.

Why hate the Lakers? Why the hell not?