TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

Tenacious Z, Honky Tonk, and WWA notes

Taken and re-written from Observer Newsletter

Andrew McManus and World Wrestling All-Stars (WWA for short) are negotiating with Bret Hart to work their upcoming tour. Without even beginning negotiations, WWA has already begun advertising Bret Hart as the special guest referee in the planned main-event of "WWA World champion vs. NWA World champion" which would be Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett.

According to The Honky Tonk Man's website, TheHonkyTonkMan.com, Honky is negotiating to work an upcoming NWA-TNA pay-per view. Honky Tonk Man was quoted as saying he was "ready and willing to make an impact in TNA."

Tenacious Z was backstage at a recent NWA-TNA show of which he drove to with Chris Sabin. Z was not received well, and didn't understand at 19 years old why turning down a TNA contract and signing with WWE would conjure up a couple of sour faces in the locker room. Speaking of Tenacious Z, he is expected to join WWE in May and debut on television shortly thereafter

So...looks like Jarrett's beating Raven, if he's gonna be involved in this match as 'NWA Champion'. Unless WWA's signed up Raven...which I doubt.

Guest Youth N Asia

fuck them for being mad at Z. The kid was given a shitty thing in life, good for him that he turned it into a positive.

Guest crandamaniac

To play Devil's Advocate to you YnA, the NWA locker room is probably a pretty tight bunch. There's probably going to be a lot of bad feelings when one of them leave for the WWE, especially when you have so many people who were let go for really stupid reasons.

Guest Youth N Asia

I understand that, but I don't see anything wrong in a kid leaving for a bigger payday.

He was one friggin leg. He needs a break (no pun intended)

So...looks like Jarrett's beating Raven, if he's gonna be involved in this match as 'NWA Champion'. Unless WWA's signed up Raven...which I doubt.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! That would be so fucking stupid. Even with these "Issues" or whatever, nobody cares about Jarrett as champion, and I'm betting that if Jarrett retains the crowd boos the hell out of him. Let's see here, Raven has Alexis, Julio, Credible, Saturn, New Jack, maybe even Sandman... and this ISN'T enough momentum to beat Double J? Gaaaah. Russo, Jarrett, I beseech to thee, do NOT let this happen.

Guest Tony149

I can see Jarrett losing. I mean come on, it's the WWA. If they really want to do WWA vs. NWA champion (which would probably end with a screwy finish anyway), then they could put Raven in there. I guess we'll find out this week.

I'm sure the TNA lockerroom feels sorry for Z losing his leg the way he did, but everybody shouldn't feel sorry for him and give him a break (and he'd probably want it that way).

And does anybody know how much Z will make in WWE? I know AJ Styles was offered $500 to sign a developmental deal; I don't think WWE would be offering much more than what TNA was -- possibly a few hundred more.

Guest dvkorn

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! That would be so fucking stupid. Even with these "Issues" or whatever, nobody cares about Jarrett as champion, and I'm betting that if Jarrett retains the crowd boos the hell out of him. Let's see here, Raven has Alexis, Julio, Credible, Saturn, New Jack, maybe even Sandman... and this ISN'T enough momentum to beat Double J? Gaaaah. Russo, Jarrett, I beseech to thee, do NOT let this happen.

Settle, he hasn't retained yet.

I also, thought, Honky didn't think too highly of Jeff Jarrett because of his comments on his shoot with RF. Granted it was a couple of years ago now.

I'm surprised they are giving him a hard time about leaving TNA for WWE. They should realize, that especially at that age, a WWE contract is the best thing that could happen to you. They should just be happy for Z.

As far as Raven losing to Jarrett, I don't think thats happening. That report just states who the current champions are, I don't believe WWA is advertising "Sting vs. Jarrett", they're advertising "WWA Champ vs. NWA Champ".

Guest Youth N Asia

If Z's going on TV soon then I imagine he's under a real contract, not a development one.

Guest OSIcon

Putting his disabillity aside, it is dumb to be mad at anyone for going where they can be paid more money and wrestle on a larger scale. It just sounds pretty childish to me and maybe stems from a little jealousy some TNA guys may have.

I mean, Tenacious Z was in TNA for two weeks. He gets a chance to earn a lot more money and become much more known. He gets to do all of this without really doing anything morally or ethically wrong (so he isn't selling out or anything). So what exactly is wrong with anyone doing that? TNA is an Indy fed. Indy feds should expect to lose people from time to time to the WWF.

Dumb, dumb....

Guest Youth N Asia

TNA only got him as a special attraction in the first place. So it's not like they're the good guys in this either.

Guest Tony149
I mean, Tenacious Z was in TNA for two weeks. He gets a chance to earn a lot more money and become much more known. He gets to do all of this without really doing anything morally or ethically wrong (so he isn't selling out or anything). So what exactly is wrong with anyone doing that? TNA is an Indy fed. Indy feds should expect to lose people from time to time to the WWF.

Dumb, dumb....

That may be it. This is nothing but guessing, but maybe the reason why TNA wrestlers feel the way they do is because they feel (and are probably right) the only reason why WWE signed Z was because he only has one leg...not because of talent

Guest Youth N Asia
I mean, Tenacious Z was in TNA for two weeks.  He gets a chance to earn a lot more money and become much more known.  He gets to do all of this without really doing anything morally or ethically wrong (so he isn't selling out or anything).  So what exactly is wrong with anyone doing that?  TNA is an Indy fed.  Indy feds should expect to lose people from time to time to the WWF. 

Dumb, dumb....

That may be it. This is nothing but guessing, but maybe the reason why TNA wrestlers feel the way they do is because they feel (and are probably right) the only reason why WWE signed Z was because he only has one leg...not because of talent

TNA got him cause of his one leg as well.

Guest RedJed

Settle, he hasn't retained yet.

I also, thought, Honky didn't think too highly of Jeff Jarrett because of his comments on his shoot with RF. Granted it was a couple of years ago now.

Everything HTM says is a work. All the shit he talked about Jerry Lawler was a work to try to talk Lawler into doing a ppv match between the two.

Guest Youth N Asia

I believe the HOnky Tonk Man as far as I can throw him...and he's a fatboy

Guest OSIcon

As YNA said, TNA picked him up for the same exact reason. Given his same exact talent and two legs, he would be your dime-a-dozen indy wrestler.

Not that its a bad thing that TNA or the WWE wanted him because of his handicap. I am sure he is well aware that his disabillity is the reason he has gotten even half as far as he has. It's just turning a negative into a positive. Anyone who thinks that TNA took him because of his wrestling ability without any regards to his handicap is kidding themselves, though.

Guest Tony149
Not that its a bad thing that TNA or the WWE wanted him because of his handicap. I am sure he is well aware that his disabillity is the reason he has gotten even half as far as he has. It's just turning a negative into a positive. Anyone who thinks that TNA took him because of his wrestling ability without any regards to his handicap is kidding themselves, though.

True. But what the TNA lockerroom did isn't a big deal. That's the way many work-places are.

Guest J*ingus

I think you guys are missing the point about Z. They weren't mad about him going with the WWE; they were mad at him for showing back up in the locker room at a company he no longer works for, after jumping ship from them.

Guest Youth N Asia
I think you guys are missing the point about Z. They weren't mad about him going with the WWE; they were mad at him for showing back up in the locker room at a company he no longer works for, after jumping ship from them.

Him and Sabin work together in Michigan, so he came in with him. Maybe he thought it would be nice to say hi to people he thought were his friends...who knows.

Guest Youth N Asia
At least they were just mad and didn't beat up a handicap.

That could cost them their ppv deal alone! And would be an interesting read.

Guest Lightning Flik

So Z shows up at his former company that he only worked two shows for.

Big deal. I mean, I feel for the guys in the TNA locker room as they were let go (or given shitty contract offers) and probably more than deserve the spot that Z has.

Problem is, they can't really hold it against Z. Any 19 year old (or young man for that matter) who gets a choice of "part time" job vs "full time" job will take "full time" anyday of the week. Sad anology, and I apologize for it, but it's true in meaning.

TNA only got him as a special attraction in the first place. So it's not like they're the good guys in this either.

I guess thats why he was involved in the SEX/NWA storyline?

They were probably mad because he was brought in, 2 weeks in TNA, and they threw him a contract and he jumped at it without thought. Many of the guys in TNA's locker room would rather stay with TNA because it is like home. They were born there and were treated better than the WWE. AMW, if they were to leave for the WWE, they would be frowned upon too. TNA helped them. If it wasn't for TNA Z, or AMW in this example, wouldn't have been seen by no more than the 500 people in their 5 state touring. And I guess you could say its the case of "we want to make it big" or something. Cause when they make it big, then everyone who left would try to come back in. Or it could be that he left and went to the WWE KNOWING that he was only signed cause of his leg when Low Ki, Daniels and Styles were all available and were previously called by the WWF and are undoubtedly better than Z.

Guest Youth N Asia

Screw TNA, I feel sorry for Thunderzone wrestling! The Michigan indy where Z's worked a couple years now