TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest danndogg

Why Don't You Ever Diss Wrestlers In Their Faces?

What's with this guy? He started one thread...got burned by almost everyone on the board and never posted in that thread again. Now he starts another one about the dumbest topic ever.

Again I question the reason that anyone would be worked up enough to pick fights on the interent?

Guest Jobber of the Week

I consider taking our "abuse" as part of the consequence of the jobs that they have.

I'm sure they'd actually feel like their hurt or something if they could manage to read our posts through the bucketfuls of money dropped on their head.

Guest Kingpk

OK, it's up. I'm all over the place, but I just wanted to get my feelings out there.

And I can't believe I spelled "spur" wrong.

I loved the article. Only thing Danndog will hit on is you still didn't talk about why we still watch if it's so bad, which was his main point.

We watch either out of habit or because we still have favorites. Or out of the small hope that things will change around and we don't wanna miss the big turn around. Or maybe it's just people like watching a train wreck deep down inside. It's the morbid curiosity inside that wants to see how far down it will go.

Either way we watch cause we want to and that's all that matters.

What Danndog doesn't seem to get is it shouldn't matter to him whether we watch or not...it's not his problem.

Guest Kingpk
I loved the article.  Only thing Danndog will hit on is you still didn't talk about why we still watch if it's so bad, which was his main point.

I kind of hit that in my "creatures of habit" point which, along with the fact that from late January to September, there is really nothing else on Monday nights. I usually just play a few games of High Heat to pass the time.

Let me add one more thing I missed, the only positive thing the WWE had going for it in 2002 was the Smackdown 6, because they just let them WRESTLE and people loved it.

Guest Vern Gagne

Good Article. I wouldn't of mentioned his name.But that isn't tha big a deal.

Guest papacita
Over 50% of America adults are overweight, I HIGHLY doubt that figure differs much from the internet wrestling community, as far as adults are concerned. In fact, American smarks are probably the last people to be dissing someone's weight and appearance, especially considering that they'd much rather bitch about Raw and Triple H and all the while eating their KFC than to GASP, lift a bar-bell.

HEY! THAT BETTER NOT HAVE BEEN DIRECTED AT ME! I AM NOT FAT! OK?! I AM NOT FAT! I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU SAY I'M FAT! YOU HEAR ME?!?!?!

*deep breath*

Anyway, not much to say that hasn't already been said. I seriously doubt any of us here are interacting with HHH and Big Show on a daily basis, so the "why don't you say it to their face" line of thinking is pointless. And when MARKS have said and done much worse things to their faces, why should they care what we say about them on message boards? I doubt they'd be that thin-skinned.

Call me fat...motherfu...DON'T LET ME CATCH YOU ON THE STREET! :angry:

You're article and a lot of the goings on around here have inspired me to take back up writing my old wrestling column from time to time back at my old stomping grounds at www.rawattitude.cjb.net.

I won't post that regularly since I don't have time, but I might post there every once and awhile.

Guest Spaceman Spiff
YNow the chokeslam's not my favorite move, but I know I would mark out like girl if he could chokeslam a few of the people that diss him around here. Or Goldberg jackhammering and spearing smarks right and left. Or a few well-timed jackknife powerbombs courtesy of Kevin Nash. Cynical smarks need a good whoopin', and someone like Goldberg would get a good workout from lifting all the cellulite ridden out of shape smarks around here.

Hell, I'd gladly take that, 'cause then I'd sue Big Show, Vince, Linda, the WWE and make some mad coin, yo.

Guest godthedog
You guys talk so much garbage about them behind their backs, but if you ever saw Big Show for example, walking down the street, you'd probably mark out like a little a girl at an N Sync concert

and ask for his autograph. But yet, when they're not around, you'll rip the hell out of them. Why don't you ever diss him in his face?  Like at WWF Axxess or in the parking lot after a show, that would a good time to take the smack you post at message board about how horrible and slow Big Show is, right to the guy himself. Hmm? Why not? Are you scared or something? Probably...

Now the chokeslam's not my favorite move, but I know I would mark out like girl if he could chokeslam a few of the people that diss him around here. Or Goldberg jackhammering and spearing smarks right and left. Or a few well-timed jackknife powerbombs courtesy of Kevin Nash. Cynical smarks need a good whoopin', and someone like Goldberg would get a good workout from lifting all the cellulite ridden out of shape smarks around here. After it's all said and done, you people stop dissing the big guys, and the big guys get a good workout, it's win-win.

Anyways, I find it funny how smarks talk so much garbage because they're safe in the comfort of their own homes, but when they actually meet the person, they act like a whole different person. No need to further explain why again.

if kevin nash tried to jackknife me, i'd kick him in the knees and laugh my ass off while he collapsed like a condemned building.

actually, i laugh my ass off in general at the idea of a wrestler doing his finisher on any fan who says that he sucks. although i think goldberg may legitimately try to do that.

Guest evenflowDDT

It's really a simple concept. If you know said wrestlers and interact enough with them to be able do diss them to their faces, it can be assumed you're a friend, casual acquaintance, or at least a co-worker. In which case it's called "good humor" and "constructive criticism" rather than "dissing".

Secondly, the only wrestler I could possibly know is Crash Holly, and he rules way too much to ever "insult" or "constructively criticize" :)

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling
other day, and let me tell you, it wasn't a pretty sight to say the least. GAWD, that man's ugly as hell. In his Smackdown report, with his usual over exaggerating, he said Roddy Piper's body BLINDED him. Oh please, Keith is the LAST person to be dissing someone's looks. And as far as him calling Sable granny is concerned, I'd really like to see what Keith is banging (other than off of his best of Chris Benoit video collection), and compare her to Rena Mero.

While most of what this guy says is crap, I did enjoy this part of his rant immensely.

Guest HartFan86
Here's a TRUE story about Big Slow. When he was demoted to OVW here in Louisville to LOSE WEIGHT, he went into a Mr. Gatti's Pizza Buffet for dinner. A little kid walked up to him for an autograph, and Big Slow says, and I quote, "Do you mind? I'm eating."

Now, THAT is where someone should have said something to a wrestler's face. Something along the lines of, "HEY, FAT ASS! Isn't your fat ass supposed to be here in Louisville is LOSE WEIGHT? Well then, why are you slugging down 14 plates of pizza at a buffet?

LMAO, that was fucking hilarious. I'm still laughing as I type this. That's going in my profile on AIM.

Over 50% of America adults are overweight, I HIGHLY doubt that figure differs much from the internet wrestling community, as far as adults are concerned. In fact, American smarks are probably the last people to be dissing someone's weight and appearance, especially considering that they'd much rather bitch about Raw and Triple H and all the while eating their KFC than to GASP, lift a bar-bell.

Dude, Im Australian. Im also 6'2, and while I have a belly, I could still whoop your little smark-hating ass from one end of this board all the way over to the other. I got the opportunity to speak to Ric Flair last week, and it was one that I will never forget. I have never insaulted Flair and never will. It is a show. We are being critics. If wrestlers don't like us commenting about their performance, get over it.

We are fans, and we like to see a good product. danndogg, you just make me laugh at your stupidity. :bonk:

Guest Mole

If I saw Kevin Nash, I'd tell him he is the worst wrestler in the business. But I would be in a car, and ready to drive away so I wouldn't get my ass beat.

Guest DrTom

What's he going to do, RUN after you? YOu could walk backwards, shouting more insults at him, and still stay ahead of his slow-moving ass. And if he does threaten to catch up, just kick him in the quad and watch him spend a year getting back on his feet.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Someone should take a nerf gun of some type, or maybe a frisbee, and pull a sniper job on Nash and Trips' knees. Knowing them though, they'd just get one amputated, just to bury Tenacious Z before he's even acknowledged as a wrestler.

Guest TheHulkster

This thread reminds me of something that happened a few years ago. Back in the days when the NWO was the hottest thing in wrestling, my friend's handicapped mother sent the nastiest hate mail i've ever read to Hulk Hogan after he pushed Buff Bagwell's wheelchair over following Buff having a severe neck injury. Hogan's people sent back an autographed picture and a thank you note for writing to him.

Hulk Hogan: Even as a heel, he's still the greatest babyface ever.

Guest Mole
What's he going to do, RUN after you? YOu could walk backwards, shouting more insults at him, and still stay ahead of his slow-moving ass. And if he does threaten to catch up, just kick him in the quad and watch him spend a year getting back on his feet.

HAHA