TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HartFan86

IC Title rumored to come back

Guest The Son of Sting

I would have the IC champion be on both shows to make the belt seem important. Austin can say he arranged it with Steph, have the semi finals and finals on ppv.

Guest CanadianChick
If they hold a tournament it would be awesome. The only thing the WWF has to remember is to use their talented superstars for this and not guys like Rosie and Jamal and have it go down the shitter. What I would like to see:

Booker T.

Chief Morley

Lance Storm

The Hurricane

Chris Jericho

Rob Van Dam

Steven Richards

Scott Steiner

Rodney Mack

Christian

Goldust

Chris Nowinski

I feel that Jericho would bring alot of prestige back to the title and he could pimp it on the hi-lite of the night. Jericho could carry the belt to be bigger than the world title.

The participants are good, but I'd save Jericho vs. RVD for the finals. That would really give the belt a head start.

Guest HartFan86
Dudleys

They were fired? I must have totally missed that one.

Indefinately suspended as of Backlash by Morley.

I'm not doubting you, I believe you and all, but when did he say this?

Backstage segment with Bischoff/Morley before Bischoff/Trish.

Guest Anglesault
If they hold a tournament it would be awesome. The only thing the WWF has to remember is to use their talented superstars for this and not guys like Rosie and Jamal and have it go down the shitter. What I would like to see:

Booker T.

Chief Morley

Lance Storm

The Hurricane

Chris Jericho

Rob Van Dam

Steven Richards

Scott Steiner

Rodney Mack

Christian

Goldust

Chris Nowinski

I feel that Jericho would bring alot of prestige back to the title and he could pimp it on the hi-lite of the night. Jericho could carry the belt to be bigger than the world title.

Knowing the WWF, Mack would beat RVD in the finals

Considering the money they sank into him don't be surprised if Scott Steiner wins it first, if they bring it back.

Guest Youth N Asia

Get the belt on Tommy Dreamer...he doesn't do much on Raw anyone but he gets a suprisingly good pop when he's on.

Guest Mole

They should stick it on Hurricane, and have him hold it for a long time.

Guest Vyce

I think it's virtually unanimous that bringing back the title is a GOOD thing.

My psychic prediction, however, is that within one month of the title being awarded to whomever, that individual will job to HHH in a heatless RAW match, just so everyone knows who really has the stroke.

Guest Choken One

So Raw Gets a Mid-Card title...Shouldn't Smackdown have one? Or is the CW good enough? I say it is...

Besides SMD is three levels...Main eventer, Tag Teamer, CW...

You really don't want to see Some lounger like DeMott with the T.V Title do ya?

Guest Space_Cowboy

Bringing back a midcard title is good, but i have little faith in the WWE to do the right thing with it, we'll probably see IC Champion Test or some shit instead of someone good or deserving getting the belt.

Guest Olympic Slam

You know what I want? End the split NOW and have..........

WWE Title, I.C Title, Tag Champs, and Women's Champ.....

and dump.......

World, World Tag Titles and Cruiser title.

Guest Choken One

For the BILLIONTH TIME! THE SPLIT IS A GOOD THING!

This only would give us MORE stupid angles and more kliq airtime...

Trust Me...We're better off with a split...

Guest Olympic Slam
For the BILLIONTH TIME! THE SPLIT IS A GOOD THING!

This only would give us MORE stupid angles and more kliq airtime...

Trust Me...We're better off with a split...

It IS a great thing.......given that the talent pool is actually decent. There's NOTHING right now. The WWE needs to either shoot about 8 new people to the moon or give up entirely and book HHH vs. Brock for J-Day and have Benoit take on RVD for the I.C title. The split is doing nothing right now except forcing great/over workers to work with the bottom feeders of the promotion. Benoit and Taker vs. the FBI? Only $34.99 you say?

Guest Blue Bacchus
I'd rather it be a TV Title than the IC. The IC is now the Big Fake Gold Belt.

now that u mention this, i found this a little wierd. I am a collector of replica belts, and WWE recently put out a new strap scheduled to sip in June...and its the WCW TV title....i was wondering why in the hell they would do this. I guess itd make sense if they were bringing back the title. heres the link, if anyone wants to check it out... http://secure.wrestlingsuperstore.com/supe...&ProductId=6987

Awesome for two reasons! One is I could be right and the other is that I love that belt! Sweetness!

Guest creativename

The thing I hate about this, is that they'll probably just bring it back magically. Which will be just as bad as when HHH got the fake belt in the first place. If they just reinstate the belt, and then have a tournament for it or something, it will lack the history of the original intercontinental belt--that still resides with the Raw title. It'll be just another fake title with no actual lineage.

Guest Blue Bacchus

Then how do you create a title and instantly give it History/Credibility?

Guest BDC

Maybe have someone beat Trips in a non-title singles match and bring out the belt. Not for the WORLD title, but he claims the IC part of it.

Meh?

Guest Choken One

Put on someone who means something and make it seem important and not just a weaponary and Something to hold their pants up...

By Having a Tournament...You create an Interest in it again because people love anything with a bracket...

If You put it on a Guy like Test...Then It won't work...Which is why starting the title off with a good HEEL is the way to go because it instantly creates an connection with that said wrestler...

The Best Mid-Card Champions were heels...(Perfect, HBK, Savage, Rock, Anderson, Regal, HTM) because they made the title more important...

So Who should that Heel be? The Mack? No Thank You...

Nowinski would work great with the title if it was already established...

Everyone is jumping for them to put the title on Rob Van Dam...O.K yes he made the ECW World Title Look like a strap of metal with the way he CARRIED the T.V Title but RVD has already ran across the WWE with the I.C title once and he and Kane have gotten a good run going so...Why kill off one the few tag teams ya got working?

Hurricane doesn't work ecause then it makes the Belt look like a Joke if he just outright wins the title without some sort of chase...

That leaves us with Booker T...

Sure, He has the prestige of "Main-Eventing" WM under his belt but so did King Kong Bundy but I don't remember people begging vince to have him be the I.C champion in 1987.

Scott Steiner? If He were too revert back to his 1999 WCW Heel persona...HE WOULD BE PERFECT! But WWE seems commited to keeping him the "All-American" Face...

So That means unless WWE wants to change things up...

Just might as well keep the I.C title in HHH's Bathroom Vanity.

Guest Choken One
Maybe have someone beat Trips in a non-title singles match and bring out the belt. Not for the WORLD title, but he claims the IC part of it.

Meh?

PERFECT! How HHH can job without losing the title because he could just go...

"Hey! Maven, You won the match but you didn't win the world title...You won the erm...WCW U.S TITLE! Congrats!"

Guest Space_Cowboy

I know what they'll probably do. Randy Orton is supposed to come back in like a month, HHH can just give his Evolution buddy the IC belt portion of the Kliq Jerkoff Title, that would fit right in with the stupid shit the WWE does.

Guest Nanks

I'm really looking forward to seeing how they go with this. The second thing he mentions is bringing back his friends. I'm tipping Lita, A.P.A, someone else from the South.... can't quite think

I say go with either Jericho, Booker, RVD or Hurricane on RAW for the IC Title, and have The US Title on SD with either Cena, Rhyno, Hardy or Eddie Guererro. As long as Mack, Steiner, DeMott, and A-Train stay out of the title race, I'll be happy.

The IC and US Titles would be a great idea, because not all midcard wrestlers are suited to tag team wrestling, such as The Hurricane and Rhyno. This would give them an alternative. It would be a step in the right dirction to have a midcard title again.

Guest wwF1587

Ya know I am glad its coming back, as it should of never left anyway but it still pisses me off that it would still be here if SOMEONE, didnt have a big ego and refuse to go down to that level... so the unforgiven ppv was a totally worthless ppv now? I mean since the ic title is back, does that mean the world title doesn't mean as much as it did (not that it really means much now)...argh.. oh well

Guest saturnmark4life

See, whilst they should never, never, never, never have retired it in the first place, bringing it back will just make everyone look stupid, especially after all the video packages about it's history and the effort they put into putting this over as proper retirement. They've truly fucked themselves over with this one.

Guest JHawk
Ya know I am glad its coming back, as it should of never left anyway but it still pisses me off that it would still be here if SOMEONE, didnt have a big ego and refuse to go down to that level... so the unforgiven ppv was a totally worthless ppv now?

1. You're thinking of No Mercy.

2. Aside from the SmackDown Tag Title match, we all pretty much agreed that it was a meaningless PPV.

Guest Choken One

U Know...Might as well bring back the Hardcore Title to Raw and give the U.S Title/T.V/I.C title to SMD.

Let Dreamer book this divison and it's good to go...

Guest AndrewTS
It would be hilarious if the title Austin brought back was the Hardcore Title... the hopes of a thousand smarks, dashed in an instant :lol:

RVD's reign as Hardcore Champion was more prestigious and the title was more coveted than the "World Title." So really any secondary belt at this point would be fine.

Guest Choken One

I always wondered...Why didn't they ever show what happened when they unifed/retired a championship?

I always wondering the mark sense what happened to the U.S title when it unified with I.C title...

Speaking of which...Booker T was the U.S champion at WCW's end...How did it get bumped around in WWE? I recall Angle holding that Title...but How did it Unify with the U.S title?

Guest AndrewTS
I always wondered...Why didn't they ever show what happened when they unifed/retired a championship?

I always wondering the mark sense what happened to the U.S title when it unified with I.C title...

Speaking of which...Booker T was the U.S champion at WCW's end...How did it get bumped around in WWE? I recall Angle holding that Title...but How did it Unify with the U.S title?

Booker gave the US Title to Kanyon. Then the U.S. Title was unified with the Intercontinental Title.