TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mrnoitaull

XMen 4

What would think would be a good idea for the next X Men movie? who do you think should feature? I though about starting this when I posted my last message . I think that Apacolypse would be the next best villian and thus featuring a new mutant Angel( since Jean is gone).

well show us what you think.

Guest raptor

The Mutant Massacre

Gambit...Sinister...MOTHERFUCKIN' Scalphunter!

Yeah, that'd be fucking huge.

and Daniel Cudmore better back as Colossus

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Did they ever say what happened to the mutants who escaped underground with Colossus?

Guest Flyboy
Did they ever say what happened to the mutants who escaped underground with Colossus?

All they say is that they escape safely.

I'm guessing by the end of the movie, they all come back to the mansion.

Guest raptor

Colossus shows up at the very end, so I assume that they escaped safely through the tunnels.

Maybe that could be the bridge to the Morlocks. They helped the students or something.

Guest Renegade
I think that Apacolypse would be the next best villian

I dont think Apocalypse would fit a film very well. Maybe its just me but having Apocalypse in an X-men film would be done very badly.

Guest starvenger
I dont think Apocalypse would fit a film very well. Maybe its just me but having Apocalypse in an X-men film would be done very badly.

I agree. Having Pocky in there would be about as feasible as introducing the Shi'ar in X-Men 3 - it'd be nice, but I just can't see it working well.

If they ever make a 4th movie, then do Sinister and maybe the Legacy Virus as well. I think that after doing the (abridged) Phoenix/Dark Phoenix Saga they need something more "grounded" to deal with, and that would probably work. And I'd rather see Stacy X in the movie before Gambit shows up in an X-Men movie...

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

A Legacy storyline would be very cool because then you could slide muthafuckin Cable into the mix.

And don't talk bad about Gambit. Seriously.

Guest starvenger
And don't talk bad about Gambit. Seriously.

Sure, no prob. He's one of my least favourite X-Men is all.

Guest Austin3164life

They should introduce the whole Phoenix saga, and try to make the movie a bit longer to fit the whole thing. I'm not sure how many X-Men movies there are suppsed to be, but a great way to end it would be to show a prelude to the birth of Cable.

Guest raptor

I agree: no shit about Gambit.

I think he's got some serious mainstream potential if cast right.

Guest starvenger
They should introduce the whole Phoenix saga, and try to make the movie a bit longer to fit the whole thing. I'm not sure how many X-Men movies there are suppsed to be, but a great way to end it would be to show a prelude to the birth of Cable.

The Cable backstory is better suited to a weekly show where you have more time to digest the whole thing, but I wouldn't object to having him in there.

Mind you, I'd say the same thing about the Phoenix Saga, but I'd assume that Singer and co already have an idea as to how to condense it.

Guest raptor

What would you guys truncate from the Phoenix Saga? I mean, It'd have to move pretty briskly to reintroduce Jean and then have her go bad.

I'm excited about the prospects, but it could seem really rushed.

Guest Vyce

I wouldn't mind seeing Apocalyspe, because I do think the character would work, but really, it would require them to build him up substantially in the movies prior. He might be good for X-Men 6, with 4 & 5 for build-up.

I'd like to see a Fall of Mutants storyline myself.

Guest starvenger
What would you guys truncate from the Phoenix Saga? I mean, It'd have to move pretty briskly to reintroduce Jean and then have her go bad.

I'm excited about the prospects, but it could seem really rushed.

Well, first you keep it Earth-bound. You'd need a whole movie to do the galaxy-spanning aspect of the story.

Second, omit the Shi'ar, and focus more on the Hellfire Club aspect of the saga. Have Magneto be part of it (he's gonna be in the movie anyways), and have him play a large part in converting her to Dark Phoenix.

How to resolve it... I've no idea. But that's why I'm a fan, not a screenwriter...

Guest Goodear

The Phoenix Saga isn't all that hard: Jean comes back to life stronger than ever, conflict with Magneto shows her darkening, she gets darker, Wolverine talks her out of it in the climax and she either dumps a lot of the energy off or she learns to live with it.

X-men 4 : The war between man and Magneto gets underway and the X-men do their damndest to jam the genie back in the bottle. That could cameo just about every X-man or Brotherhood member ever.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

I'd love to see the Sentinels or at least a sentinel in one of the movies.

I second the mutant massacre vote.

Here's hoping the series gets better and better with each film. If the sequel is any indication, future movies will rawk. hard.

I though about it . Sentinels would be a sweet effect, but if you think about it , Large building-sized robots attacking the heroes would come off as kinda corny seeing as though they've already "roughened" up there whole persona from the get go.

I thought that if they shrunk em a little it wouldn't be so bad but then that would taint the value of the robots. Now if they had those new robot/androids complements of Sabastion , then it that would be pretty shway! B-)

Guest raptor

If they did Sentinels it should be Bastion's Prime Sentinels. They're less goofy, and given the right actor Bastion could be really fun on the big screen.

Guest Trivia247

actually the Movies aren't really following the Comic Book Chronology they are just glossing over the histories and adding the characters where they want them.

Guest raptor

Mid-90's stuff would be bad for the franchise, I think.

X-Cutioner's Song, Fatal Attractions, Phalanx Covenant etc... They symbolize what comic movies don't need. They were fun in four-color form, but I think they undermine the small steps in clarity and intelligence that the two movies have made.

As concepts, they could work. Like an assasination attempt on Xavier, or the Phalanx spreading widley. Taking virtually any plot development from the comics would't be smart.

Guest DrTom

The X-Cutioner'ssong would be *really* hard to pull off. You'd have to establish Scott and Jean going to the future at some point, the birth and rise of Cable, his journey back in time, and the mystery of Stryfe, who looks just like him and might somehow be the same person (I stopped collecting before that was resolved, if it ever was). An assassination attempt on Xavier could work, but The X-Cutioner's song has way too many elements for them to introduce in one movie.

Guest Flyboy
The Phoenix Saga isn't all that hard: Jean comes back to life stronger than ever, conflict with Magneto shows her darkening, she gets darker, Wolverine talks her out of it in the climax and she either dumps a lot of the energy off or she learns to live with it.

Fuck that noise.

Jean Gray should stay dead.

Guest Trivia247

your right, they would probably need a serious Dynasty of Xmen movies to explain the results of X Cutioner Song and Fatal Attraction plotlines

but still i'd like how they do it heh

Ian McKinian ripping the Adamatium out of Hugh Jackman hah that would be so gory.

Guest Flyboy
Ian McKinian ripping the Adamatium out of Hugh Jackman hah that would be so gory.

That ain't happening. Rated R movies decreases sells.

Guest raptor

Yeah, they'll lay off the heavier stuff to keep it PG-13, for sure. Plus, they failed with Wolverine's character development after Fatal Attractions, and I'm not sure the movie crew could do much better.

Guest Coffey

I wanna see Omega Red Vs. Collossus in Russia. Omega Red did have an entire folder dedicted to him in X2 that was laying on Professior X's desk.

I'm sure something with Beast is going to go down. Everyone saw his name on the T.V. in the bar...

The Phoenix shit will obviously go down. Also Pyro will probably be big factor in X3.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
your right, they would probably need a serious Dynasty of Xmen movies to explain the results of X Cutioner Song and Fatal Attraction plotlines

but still i'd like how they do it heh

Fatal Attractions would be damn near impossible to pull off since it affected all the X-Groups and the only long term effects I can remember would be Logan getting fucked up by Magneto(which is pretty much rendered useless later on), Multiple Man dying from the Legacy Virus(another botch), and Xavier wiping Magneto's mind clean.

But... it would be pretty funny to watch them try to pull it off, though.

:lol:

Fuck that noise.

Jean Gray should stay dead.

Bah, you're just mad that your boy couldn't get any from her...

:P