TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldschoolwrestling

NWA-TNA's 1 year anniversary

Guest oldschoolwrestling

With the 1 year anniversary coming up next month, I'm sure NWA-TNA will go all out to put on the biggest show to date. But what can they do to make it a hugely successful show? Some thoughts:

All titles on the line and given enough time. Clean finishes.

Limit suprise guests to those who will be around more than 1 show.

Make the challengers for the belts those the fans really want to see.

Any other ideas?

Raven wins the bloody title he should have won last week. If they build it (or RE-build it) right, it could be huge, though I still don't think it would be as important as the first one.

For the Tag Titles... Uhm.... Definitely XXX vs. Red/Lynn vs. AMW. The catch is that Red might have to wrestle twice.

Red would defend against someone big from Japan, I don't know who. That's for the Puro marks to decide.

Kash vs. Trinity II. Definitely.

That's all I'd have planned at this point, though Siaki/Young/Gilberti/Sanders vs. Team Extreme and Styles vs. D'Lo would be good too.

Guest Slapnuts00

They're gonna bring back Vince Russo.

Hey, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know...

Guest CoreyLazarus416
  • 3-hour PPV
  • No less than 4 10 minute plus matches
  • New X-Division champion crowned
  • Open show with similar match to the first opener ever (6-man X-Division tag)
  • All belts on the line
  • Jarrett vs. Raven in a cage
  • Styles/D'Lo either as a tag team or as opponents
  • American Dragon making at least one minor appearance
  • LowKi
  • XXX vs. F'N Amazing, 18-minutes
:D

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

AJ Styles should win the title.

Unlike Raven he's been there since day 1 (the first match as a matter of fact) so I want to see him take the gold on the 1 year show.

Guest j.o.b. squad

it will probably be the year in review type of deals with highlights of all the title changes

Guest CoreyLazarus416

No, that's what TNA Genesis is for. It's a 2-hour special "year in review" airing on DirecTV PPV.

Guest Galactic Gigolo

I wish TNA could extend their show to 3 hours for one night. Unfortunately, PPV is not like TNT where it's extremely easy to get an extra overrun. Hell, TNA has to be very careful during their broadcasts not to go to 10:01, as In Demand will instantly cut away at that mark because they're only getting paid for two hours of programming.

Guest El Satanico

Well, I'm sure it's possible for them to get a 3 hour PPV block, but unlikely. I'm sure the PPV company would listen if they wanted to discuss doing it.

I mean it's not like PPV movies at ten PM are huge money makers that can't be touched.

They should build up the title feuds and end them on the anniversary with every title switching hands. It would make it memorable.

JJ vs. Raven(world): Everyone wants it

Kid Kash vs. Red(X): Everyone wants Kash to get what he deserves

XXX vs. Red/Lynn(tag): Is this the top tag feud, because i cant recall. Maybe make it a four way with AMW and whoever they're feuding with.

Red wrestling twice on the card and holding two belts at the end of the night would make it memorable as well.

Guest El Satanico

Well don't have Red being Trinity's savior or stupid shit like that.

I put Red in the match simply because he's the most popular X guy and there's a history behind the match that would make the win memorable. Also kash is playing the roe of total prick and who better to finally beat him, than the most popular guy in the Division.

But if there's another bigger feud Kash is involved in, I wasn't aware of it. So disregard the Red stuff if this is the case..

Guest Devin
Well, I'm sure it's possible for them to get a 3 hour PPV block, but unlikely. I'm sure the PPV company would listen if they wanted to discuss doing it.

I mean it's not like PPV movies at ten PM are huge money makers that can't be touched.

They should build up the title feuds and end them on the anniversary with every title switching hands. It would make it memorable.

JJ vs. Raven(world): Everyone wants it

Kid Kash vs. Red(X): Everyone wants Kash to get what he deserves

XXX vs. Red/Lynn(tag): Is this the top tag feud, because i cant recall. Maybe make it a four way with AMW and whoever they're feuding with.

Red wrestling twice on the card and holding two belts at the end of the night would make it memorable as well.

Problem with that is, they just did pretty much that same card last week. You had Raven vs. Jarrett, Red vs. Kash, and a 4-way tag match.

Raven vs. Jarrett is a given. Everyone wants to see Raven win the title, so they should continue building on that, and have him win it in a cage match on the 1-year anniversary.

Kid Kash vs. Trinity would also be a good choice, if it's anything like the match they just had.

Triple X will most likely already have the tag titles by then, so I'd put them in a match with AMW. If they are still going to turn one of them, this match would be the time.

Jerry Lynn vs. Ron Killings would be another.

They should either bring someone new (AmDrag, for example) in to face Red, or at least someone who's established and hasn't been around for a while (Low Ki, London, Juvi, etc.).

Sandman vs. Sabu, for your token hardcore match.

A #1 contenders match between AJ Styles and D-Lo Brown, playing up the fact that they've been teaming together.

And if there's time, throw in a double elimination x-division match with 4 or 5 guys to round it out.

Jeff Jarrett© vs. Raven (NWA World title)

Sting vs. A.J. Styles vs. D'Lo Brown (#1 Contender)

Dream Team© vs. Triple xXx (NWA Tag Team title, 2/3 Falls)

Sabu vs. The Sandman (Ultimate Sin match)

Chris Harris vs. James Storm

Psychosis vs. Juventud Guerrera vs. Super Crazy

The Amazing Red© vs. Low Ki (NWA X title)

Kid Kash vs. Trinity

Guest Youth N Asia

It'll probably be an average show with maybe one suprise.

Guest RedJed

I'd like to see the show 3 hours long like some have said, as well as it held in the arena in Nashville they used to have Starrcades in.......the Municipal Audiorium is it?

-Jarrett v. Raven in either a cage match or even could take it a step further and do the triple cage match with the belt on top of the third cage.

Mini-tourney for next title shot

-AJ Styles v. Disco

-D-Lo v. Truth

Winners take on each other later in the show

-XXX v. AMW for tag titles, last shot for AMW

-Red v. Lo-Ki for X title

-Kash v. Trinity

-Sabu and New Church (Malice, Slash, Lee) v. Team ECW in a falls count anywhere elimination HC style match

-Dusty Rhodes and two surprise partners v. Next Generation in loser leaves company match

-X division match (10 guys) - scramble madness like rules

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

I want to see Kronus return so there can be an Eliminators reunion in Team ECW. Is Kronus even, like, still alive/working anymore?

Guest crandamaniac
I want to see Kronus return so there can be an Eliminators reunion in Team ECW. Is Kronus even, like, still alive/working anymore?

From what I last heard he really let himself go, so I don't know if you want to see that

Guest RedJed

Kronus is so bad these days its not even funny.

I think if they want to do a new Eliminators, they could put an X division guy like Jason Cross in there with him, or how about this........David Young?

Guest CoreyLazarus416

David Young/Perry Saturn, Eliminators 2.0, was suggested at the TotalNonStop TNA forum. Everybody agrees that it'd be a good team.

Guest RedJed
David Young/Perry Saturn, Eliminators 2.0, was suggested at the TotalNonStop TNA forum. Everybody agrees that it'd be a good team.

Cool, guess someone beat me to it ;)

Jeff Hardy returns, this weeks, becomes number one contender and rambles on about Imagi...who then debuts at the anniversary show, and turns out to be...THE ULTIMATE F'N WARRIOR! The two from the most incomprehensible team in wrestling history.

It's coming, don't say I didn't warn you.

All I'll say seriously is It's been a year already!?! Damn time is going too damn quick.

Guest LuisKero

They should have a 100 TNA GIRLS IN CAGES all around the Asylum!

:huh: What? :lol: