TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Last Free Voice

was week 43 the worst week yet?

I thought it was just boring. Plus AJ should have won, in my opinion. your thoughts?

Guest eirejmcmahon

No midgets....no Dupps...no guys dress like cocks...no, certainly not the worst week in the history of NWATNA.

okay, I'll give ya that. But taking a look at what was there, it was just plain bad.

Guest The Notorious CRD

I didn't think it was so bad. And it was still better than Raw. Granted, that's not much saying much these days. ^_^

Guest Zack Malibu

It wasn't a horrible show, but to use bps' thoughts of the "TNA Reconstruction", if this was a rebuilding phase, it sucks.

Gilbertti is highly entertaining, and has won me over. But he's NOT a main event star. He may be one day with his new persona, but not yet.

The Truth and Konnan, two stars of a supposed major angle, got ousted way too fast. Truth was tossed out by the HARRIS BOYS, who weren't even in the match.

Sabu was blowing shit left and right.

AJ SHOULD have won, but it looks like they're leading to a D Lo/AJ match. Could be a good match, but they've been a team for all of 2-3 weeks and now they're doing breakup shit?

Same with Young and Siaki.

Color me unimpressed with last night.

Guest Lemon Drop Kid

I liked the show a lot actually. The tag match was excellent, and the handicap match was very good. The Gauntlet wasn't great but it was a pretty fun watch, and I like them at least trying something risky by putting Gilberti in the main event. I mean come on, is he a worse guy to main event (for one week, mind you) than Apollo, Malice, or the latter-day Curt Hennig (RIP)?

Guest Zack Malibu

Gilbertti is certainly better than Hall, Appollo, Malice, or any of the early run main eventers. And at least my fear of Sabu winning it didn't take place.

However, it just seems that Glen hasn't completely erased the stigma of being Disco Inferno yet. He's damn close, and has been GREAT the last month or so. But a main event against JJ makes me go "huh?".

I'm with everyone on this board who thinks AJ should win the belt from a HEEL Jarrett at the Anniversary show.

Guest Slapnuts00

No way was it the worst. The episode where S.E.X all wore fatigues and Jarrets SHOCKINGLY tricked them, and the screw job tag title match as the main is the worst show they've had. Total WCW 2000 show.

This week was OK. Lately its been really hot, so this week was more down to earth and reminicent to the earlier weeks. The Anarchy at the Asylum was quite bad, although I missed about 5 minutes in the middle since my cable cut out. The suprise returns of Buff Bagwell, Brian Lawler and Rick Steiner made it very reminicent of the original Gauntlet for the Gold. Seriously didnt need to see any of those 3 again. You'd think since they could come up with great suprises out of no where every few weeks, they could get some good people to show up...

As for Glenn Gilberti, I'll admit they've made me take his character more seriously but he's still not a main event title contender yet. Jarret/Gilberti is a seriously weak progam, and even if Raven's negotiations forced last week's ending, there should have been a better back up (Raven's back anyway...)

Oh, and a comment on the whole EXTREME TEAM thing. ITS ENOUGH. Guys like Sabu, Sandman and New Jack weren't very good 6 years ago at least when it was fresh and new. Now they all look beyond old and broken down and have terrible matches with the same garbage brawling we've seen over and over again. That 3 way match was terrible. Its time to drop them. Just because they have a "name" doesnt mean they should still be used if what little skill and health they had is now gone and their style is beyond stale and cliche.

I liked the AMW match, but dont like that they argued again during the Anarchy in the Asylum. I think the match should have been the whole, let the boys fight their problems out situation, and then make up again and be a team. They can always break up later down the line...

The whole Tracy storyline reeks of Russo drama. When she said she had a sexual harrassment lawsuit ready if she wasnt put in the match, my head was spinning.

On the other hand, the Kash/Trinity storyline is a winner. Its so intriguing and and Kash especially is playing his part tremendously.

Tag title match was pretty good, and the ending I like. Usually DQ endings suck, but its great that TNA instituted the rule at their start and then randomly had it happen, it doesnt seem like a screw job since its been the rule from the start and it hadnt been done yet. The dynamic with Lynn's new attitude costing his team was good too.

So all in all there was some good here, just overall it wasnt a good show. The lackluster main event really killed it, and the whole ECW rehash contigent is really dragging down the shows. By the way, I wonder if New Jack will get into trouble for his profanity laced tirade...

Guest EN090
The whole Tracy storyline reeks of Russo drama. When she said she had a sexual harrassment lawsuit ready if she wasnt put in the match, my head was spinning.

On the other hand, the Kash/Trinity storyline is a winner. Its so intriguing and and Kash especially is playing his part tremendously.

So the Kash/Trinity story doesn't reek of Russo?

As far as the Gilbertti win - I really don't think they're going to build up a huge title match between Glen and Jeff. I think its just part of the story and will lead to something bigger around the 1 year Anniversary show.

I know Zack mentioned that he didn't like the Harris Boys vs. Konnan/Truth feud. I actually think that it will lead to a bigger feud between Konnan/Truth vs. All of SEX which will hopefully springboard Truth back into the title picture.

Guest Slapnuts00

If you read, my very next paragraph was supposed to counter that with something I feel IS an effective Russo storyline.

Guest EN090

LoL ok. Don't mean to be an ass...just seems like whenever you see something you don't like you bring Russo up right away.

Yeah, the Kash/Trinity storyline is probably my second favorite in TNA right now, next to the world title picture. KAsh is just great right now and Trinity has shown that she has tons of talent.

Slapnuts, out of curiousity, when did you start watching TNA? Recently or have you watched from the beginning?

Guest Slapnuts00

Hes the lead writer and whether you like it or not, has a history and reputation of writing soap opera heavy storylines with screwjobs and outrages characters and twists. Therfore when such happens on a show written by Russo, his reputation percedes him. But obviously theres WAYYYY more I like about TNA than dislike which in part is why I'll pick out things I dont like.

Guest EN090
Hes the lead writer and whether you like it or not, has a history and reputation of writing soap opera heavy storylines with screwjobs and outrages characters and twists. Therfore when such happens on a show written by Russo, his reputation percedes him. But obviously theres WAYYYY more I like about TNA than dislike which in part is why I'll pick out things I dont like.

I can respect that. I like most of his stuff but the thing in WCW that I couldn't stand was that he insisted on everything being a swerve which actually did the opposite of what he was trying to do and made the show predictable.

I edited this into my last post but in case you didn't read I just had a question - Out of curiousity, when did you start watching TNA? Recently or have you watched from the beginning?

Guest dreamer420

The worst show was one of the first few when they had a bunch of has beens and never will be's. I liked last nights show up till the end of the main event. I was hoping for either Styles or James Storm to win and was disappointed by both guys performances.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Very average show. The good and bad equalled out.

Guest Slapnuts00

I've watched since week 1. I ordered the first 8 weeks in a row before having to miss a show being out of town. And have only missed a couple consecutive weeks a couple times since....

Guest Slapnuts00
The worst show was one of the first few when they had a bunch of has beens and never will be's. I liked last nights show up till the end of the main event. I was hoping for either Styles or James Storm to win and was disappointed by both guys performances.

But those also had some of their best matches!

Glen Gilberti is NOT a main eventer right now. H'es entertaining ad good but not at that top level yet.

It's obvious the Harris Boys are leading into a racism angle right now. Nazi type angle. You can tell by the interrogator segment.

The most entertaining guy right now to my surprise is Kid Kash. The guy is looking good and if anything he should be a world title shot.

Sonny Maivia (oops i mean Siaki) needs to start NOT looking like the Rock. A blatant ripoff

Guest ShooterJay

The Gilberti thing is just going to be a quickie title shot to give JJ something to do for next week. After that he should defend against Kash, and then work into a program for whoever he's going to drop it too.

Guest bob_barron

That show with Raven v. Julio Dinero was flat out awful and much worse then what was on last night

Guest Lemon Drop Kid

I don't think Gillberti has to be a "big star" to main event one show. It's not likely going to be built up to the point of the AJ or Raven title shots. I just look as it as the equivalent of main eventing Raw one time.

Or maybe he'll be the next Truth.

shooterjay, didn't you "give up" on tna? along with half of the rest of the forum?

and it doesn't matter if siaki looks like rock. to some people that could lead to "haha. he looks like rock? i wanna see him." or "i want to see that guy who looks like the rock", example, harold miner of the miami heat. he could dunk like the jordan of old, so he became a star. not a big star, but he cool to like for a year. and another is goldberg. he became a star even though he "looked like stone cold".

Guest Dynamite Kido

I think that this week's show was the worst one in a while. The Gauntlet match was extremely slow until the end, and it just felt like something was missing. I thought that the three way ECW match could have went longer and had a better finish than New Jack killing himself. Also I think it would benifit them better if they would quit with the chicks too. I like trinity and Alexis Laree but the rest of them really suck. i am sure it will be better next week though.

Guest hebtheeagle

Nope....the worse show that I have reviewed was #5. That had the Sabu-Wall ladder match...K-Kwik vs. Norman Smiley...Sonny Siaki and Jorge Estrada vs. Chris Daniels and Elix Skipper...Puppet vs. Meatball...AJ Styles vs. LowKi...and Scott Hall vs. Brian Lawler. Keep in mind that I only grade based on matches, and it got just a 2.50 out of 5.00

Guest Slapnuts00

I liked Malice vs. Sabu! I thought it was very good for what it was. And Lo Ki vs. Styles was a good match too!

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
As far as the Gilbertti win - I really don't think they're going to build up a huge title match between Glen and Jeff. I think its just part of the story and will lead to something bigger around the 1 year Anniversary show.

But they don't have time for a whole new feud after Gilbirti for the anniversary show. There are only 9 shows left. That is not enough time to have this match with Glen, then set up a whole new number one contender, especially after that Gauntlet.

It looks like Jarrett vs. Gilbirti for the title at the Anniversary show.

And I'll tell ya, I'm scared they might put the title on Glen.

Guest Blue Bacchus

All I know is that when I was there Wed. night, I cheered my voice out for Disco during the Battle that is Royale. Disco to me is ready, and hell anyone who was stuck with that damn gimmick deserves a chance to main event at least once.