TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lord of The Curry

Unexpected tear-jerkers

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling
Philadelphia :
Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

I didn't expect to cry at all but by the end scene where they're having the wake at Tom Hank's apartment w/ Neil Young in the background. I lost it. Uncontrollable sobbing for 5 solid minutes, made even worse by Denzel and his family showing up.

Totally agree. Few movies can make me cry, but this one gets me to tears practically every time. There are a lot of Tom Hanks movies I don't care for, but his work here made me a fan of his talents forever. Just one of the great pieces of acting in cinematic history. I don't just cry at the end scene either. When they are in the hospital and he is dying is a really emotional part.

Guest Grand Slam

The Rookie got me in two places. First, the scene after the team wins districts and they all line up and say, one-by-one, "It's your turn Coach." Second, at the end of the movie when he sees his dad after the game, they have their emotional reconciliation and then he is greeted by the entire town... damn.

I just watched Dances With Wolves the other day and broke down when Two Socks is shot and then again later when Wind in his Hair is yelling to Dunbar that he is his friend.

And of course the previously mentioned Braveheart, Fellowship, Monsters Inc. and Field of Dreams.

One more... the funeral scene at the end of Star Trek II... gets me every time.