TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

The One and Only WWE Judgement Day 2003 Thread

Guest The Superstar
2002 Judgment Day: May 19, 2002

* WWE European Champion William Regal over D-Lo Brown.

* WWE IC Champion Eddie Guerrero over Rob Van Dam.

* WWE Women's Champion Trish Stratus over Stacy Keibler.

* Brock Lesnar & Paul Heyman over The Hardy Boyz.

* Handicap Match: Steve Austin over Ric Flair & The Big Show.

* Hair vs. Hair Match: Edge over Kurt Angle.

* Rikishi & Rico Costantino over WWE Tag Team Champions Billy Gunn & Chuck Palumbo to win the titles.

* The Undertaker over WWE Champion Hulk Hogan to win the title.

Well, JD was pretty good last year, although there was a lot of crap.

the Euro title match was Heat, and it was OK.

The IC Title opener KICKED ASS~! Including RVD using PSYCHOLOGY!

Women's match and tag matches were worthless.

The Handicap match was entertaining, as they kept Big Show on the apron during most of it. And Austin was hilarious as usual.

The Hair vs. Hair match was great, full of false-finishes and great wrestling.

You forgot about the Hell in a Cell match between HHH and Jericho...not the BEST match, but still a great brawl. Still one of HHH's best matches since coming back (although that's not saying much)

And, as expected, Taker/Hogan was suck.

But Judgment Day 2002 >>>>>> Judgment Day 2003.

Guest Pop Culture God

This is for RRR:

If I order PRIDE will it be just 20 minutes of them in the guard position?

Guest The Tino Standard
This will be the first PPV that I'm gonna miss since St. Valentine's Day Massacre, from February 1999.

I'm not 'boycotting' or any of that shit, its just that its the May 24th weekend, and I'm going to a buddy's cabin party.

Cabin > WWE Judgement Day

Um, unless I'm misreading something, I feel the need to remind you that the PPV is TONIGHT (May 18), and NOT next weekend.

Be that as it may, I still don't blame you for missing the PPV. I've got my coed intramural softball game tonight and even if I didn't, I probably wouldn't be watching this anyway.

Guest FeArHaVoC

Everyone was bitching about last years PPV too. But, we bitch about every PPV and every PPV gets called "the worst since....."

Guest MillenniumMan831

This thread is already longer than the Backlash one.

Guest wildpegasus

Such negativity running through this post! We need optimism people.

Kevin Nash vs HHH: Both wrestlers are waiting in the back waiting for their cue to come out when they both realize they forgot to take their roids today.They go around looking for their needles. However, in their frantic pursuit to obtain them they both unconsiouncely start to run and thus end their careers. Booker and Jericho than substitute themselves into the main event but before the bout starts show off their newly acquired needles to the crowd to a thundorous response. The FBI watching the event put two and two together and arrest HHH and Nash. Vince can be heard in the back hollaring "Curse those invisable cameras". He than reaches into his kit bag and takes out every drug in the book not knowing he's on F-View? TV. Vince than spends the rest of his life in the slammer.

Brock vs Big Show: Big Show gets lost on his way to the arena. Before Vince can find a hoss to replace him Benoit and Eddy attack him putting Vinnie Mac in a crossface chicken wing giving Benoit and Eddie full power in the company. Benoit than takes Show's place and defeats Lesnar for the title after a 35 minute gruelling match declaring a new era has begun in the new WBF. The crowd groans when they hear WBF but than give a standing ovation when they realize it means "World Benoit Federation"

However, not all is bliss because as soon as Benoit ends his speech thanking the Dynamite Kid for inspiring him, Otani (Benot and Eddy's newest acquistion) betrays Benoit and hits him with a springboard dropkick from behind, shakes his finger at Benoit, does his bootscrapes in the corner and dragon suplexes Benoit thus setting up the feud of the century. The crowd hurls every concievable object at Otani in disgust while Otani just laughs at them.

4 Way Women Match: This is turned into a 5 way women's match under the new regime of Benoit and Eddy. Gail Kim makes her debut!

Battle Royale Match: Benoit/Eddy scrap this bout and make a tournament. The new acquistion, Benoit's protoge American Dragon wins after beating Liger in the finals.

Bikini Match: Torrie wins after it's discovered by the FBI who are now roaming throughout the arena discover that Sable is in possesion of roids. After jumping up and down in glee, Aja Kong comes out and backfists Torrie and Sable declaring a new wrestling era for the women in the WBF. Ozaki than proceeds to rip out the hair of both bikini contestants.

Test and Steiner's match is than cancelled. Instead we get a bout between Guerrero and Jericho.

To close the show off we get a promo from Benoit and Eddy declaring the new rules, happenings and changes of the newly formed WBF.

Guest godthedog
The only salvation of 1995 was the Nash/ Bret Hart match at Survivor series, and from what I've seen Bret Hart is the only man EVER to carry Nash to a good match.... ever... what chance has their match got when cripple acHHHe couldn't carry a butterfly without tearing his QUAD. This could be the match that will kill all the heat HHH has left.

well, welcome to the board. nice to see you didn't have to go through the hazing process and already came shrink-wrapped with your jaded and cynical sense of humor.

that said, shawn michaels was THE salvation of 1995--moreso than bret, since he was mostly stuck in midcard hell. ladder rematch with razor ramon, IYH match with jarrett, good WM match with diesel...

shawn also carried diesel to a great match the next year, which was at least as good as bret's carry job. i myself prefer SS 95, cause bret's my favorite, but they're about equal caliber.

Guest Mulatto Heat
Everyone was bitching about last years PPV too. But, we bitch about every PPV and every PPV gets called "the worst since....."

Because the floor keeps dropping.

At least Backlash had Goldberg's debut on it.

Guest Cover of Darkness

Can someone answer the question about PRIDE? I might get it, but I need an idea of the quality of the matches.

The only salvation of 1995 was the Nash/ Bret Hart match at Survivor series, and from what I've seen Bret Hart is the only man EVER to carry Nash to a good match.... ever... what chance has their match got when cripple acHHHe couldn't carry a butterfly without tearing his QUAD. This could be the match that will kill all the heat HHH has left.

well, welcome to the board. nice to see you didn't have to go through the hazing process and already came shrink-wrapped with your jaded and cynical sense of humor.

that said, shawn michaels was THE salvation of 1995--moreso than bret, since he was mostly stuck in midcard hell. ladder rematch with razor ramon, IYH match with jarrett, good WM match with diesel...

shawn also carried diesel to a great match the next year, which was at least as good as bret's carry job. i myself prefer SS 95, cause bret's my favorite, but they're about equal caliber.

Nah Bret's carry job was better since Diesel had to, GASP, sell throughout and it had a much better story. The HBK match is overrated and isn't near Bret/Diesel IMO.

But yes HBK was the salvation with Bret right there too carrying Jean Pierre Lafitte and otehr crap like that to good matches. AND putting on some awesome matches with Hakushi.

Guest Choken One

I would say Shawn and Bret were about equal in SALVATION.

Nash had only ONE other good match not involving Shawn or Bret...(In 1995)

Guess Who that guy was?

Yep, Owen.

Guest T®ITEC

Thankfully, my love for "the business" has died. 'Cause otherwise, I might just waste money on this show.

Guest AndrewTS
Again, I can't really see any match here that will end clean.

And for whoever thinks the IC Battle Royale could end clean, remember that it basically is no DQ, and off the top of my head HBK interfered in the Royal Rumble (which isn't a true battle royale, but similar).

The ladder match should keep it above KOTR 95, but that will only be a "good" match at best, nothing more. I doubt this is even the worst Pay Per View we'll see (or not see, most likely) this year.

Keith should save the hot pokers for Nash's first PPV title defense, if Nash makes it that long uninjured.

4 Way Women Match: This is turned into a 5 way women's match under the new regime of Benoit and Eddy. Gail Kim makes her debut!

Oh, how I wish. :)

Guest AndrewTS
I would die marking out if Ozaki and Aja Kong showed up just to kick Torrie's ass.

Oh yes, me too.

Oh, there's only one "e" in "Judgment Day."

Guest godthedog

Nah Bret's carry job was better since Diesel had to, GASP, sell throughout and it had a much better story. The HBK match is overrated and isn't near Bret/Diesel IMO.

But yes HBK was the salvation with Bret right there too carrying Jean Pierre Lafitte and otehr crap like that to good matches. AND putting on some awesome matches with Hakushi.

i think they all even out, cause bret/diesel is a bit slow, and shawn/diesel gets mad points for creativity. taking away the ref's belt and choking shawn with it was ingenius, and stealing vachon's prosthetic leg was even more ingenius. and match quality aside, i think shawn deserves more credit for carrying since diesel basically had to do nothing and bret forced him to work.

i'm not a huge fan of bret's work with hakushi either. hakushi did his awesome high spots, and bret did his thing, but they never really gelled into a cohesive match.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Don "The Predator" Frye vs. Mark "The Hammer" Coleman

For anyone who doesn't know these two guys' history, Coleman beat Frye at UFC 10 and fight fans have been waiting for a rematch ever since. At that time Frye was the king of the castle and the new kid on the block in Coleman was tearing through the competition. In the finals Coleman pretty much well destoryed Frye and went on to be one of the most dominant men in the UFC and started the style known as 'Ground and Pound' where he would take down his opponents with his wrestling ability and just unload a fury of headbuts and punches until they either tap, or the ref stops it.

Coleman, a world class wrestler, went into a slump losing the Maurice Smith, Pete Williams, Pedro Rizzo, Nobuhiko Takada - until the Pride Grand Prix where, due to some lucky bounces, he became the Pride Grand Champion. His last fight was against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira where he, for the first time in his career, tapped out.

Don Frye is kinda like Randy Couture in that he is a good wrestler and a good boxer - he lost his last 2 fights against k1's Jarome Lebanner and Hidekido Yoshida (Totally outclassed vs. Lebanner given that IIRC it was under K`1/Pride hybrid rules and took the Yoshida fight WAY too lightly and ended getting submitted (ref stop) for the first time in his career as well). So needless to say both men have something to prove not just to each other, not just to themselves, but to the fans as well.

Sherdog: Is there anyone else you would like to fight?

Don Frye: Oh yeah, I'm sure you know the answer to that: Mark Coleman. It took me a long time but I finally came to terms that I lost that fight. I was angry for a long time. You see when you are winning all the time you tend to read your own press clippings. The you get cocky. You don't train as hard! You're not as hungry and you think you can kick the shit out of anyone! INVINCIBLE!

I never gave Coleman credit for beating me. I have no excesses for that fight. I wasn't sick! I wasn't injured he just plain kicked my ass that night. So if there is one other fight I would like it would be Mark Coleman just so I could avenge my loss.

But I have total respect for Mark. I even called him after he won Pride GP to congratulate him. I totally respect Mark Coleman as a fighter and a person.

The fight

The interest in this fight is more towards the personalities involved rather than their styles. Don Fryes vs. Ken Shamrock at Pride 19 wasn't a bad match, and it wasn't a good match - but it's the fact that these two men really didn't like each other and had been wanting to fight each other for years that made the entire fight fun to watch. With Frye vs. Coleman you have two pretty similar personalities, but at the same time - they are entirely different; Frye is like a Cowboy, he's a very calm person - Coleman is like the jacked up star football player... both very 'American'.

Both men are wrestlers, Coleman is a much better one than Frye, but Frye is better than Coleman standing. They aren't technical wizards, but have been known to do a choke or necklock if need be. Colemans attitude will probably be Ground and Pound - Frye either will have a counter for this (he has been waiting for this match for YEARS so I figure he would) or he will just wait until the ref stands them back up. Colemans conditioning will be questionable as will be his intensity (he will probaly just want to 'win' rather than to *win*), but Frye should be able to go the distance and still have some left in the tank and bring it to Coleman. Either way, this fight is worth watching just for the names and their history. Will it all be in the guard? Really hard to say, I'd lean toward "yes".

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Kazuyuki Fujita

*Non-Title Fight

Where Coleman invented Ground and Pound Fedor perfected it. His fight vs. Nogueira was AMAZING. It was pretty much well all in the guard but the way he punched, with the power and accuracy in each shot, it made for a BRUTAL and EXCITING match. Fujita is just seen as a tomato can here, everyone is waiting for either Fedor/Sapp or a Fedor/Nog rematch. But the great thing about Fujita is that he can take a shot... oh man, can he take a shot. It has been medically discovered that he has like a extra inch of bone protecting his brain and he has taken some very nasty shots that would have Ko'd anyone else in an instant. THAT is what makes this fight so interesting - it's going to be Frye/Takayama all over again with Fedor just beating the living shit outta Fujita. Of course, Fujita is a solid wrestler and could put up some sort of a fight against the current Pride HW Champ, but I doubt it.

Nino "Elvis" Schembri vs. Kazuhiro Hamanaka

Here's another sorta gudge match. Hamanaka is an amateur wrestler who has been trained by Sakuraba and will train with team quest for this upcoming bout. He has a physique not common amongst the Japanese and is said to have incredible power. Schembri beat Sakuraba at the last Pride in a fight Sakuraba dominated up to getting kneed to oblivion by the BJJ practitioner in Elvis. That fight at Pride 25 was all stand-up, but Nino's previous fight at Pride 14 he showed incredible ground game and has been known to make up submissions... a very creative ground fighter. So it's the (not so) classic (Japanese) Wrestler vs. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. This should be a very interesting fight.

Alistair Overeem vs. Ricardo Arona

I don't know too much about Overeem except for the fact that he is a kickboxer who knows submissions... WHICH IS FUN~! and I don't like Arona... So I'm expecting someone to get knocked the fuck out in this one!

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Oh, and the last Pride PPV was one of the best PPV's that I have ever seen - MMA or wrestling. Pride takes the sights and sounds of pro wrestling and puts them together with the intensity and natural drama of MMA. The two announcers - Stephen Quadros and Bas Rutten - are the two best on the planet and make JR and King or Cole and Tazz look like Cat and Lita. Even the most boring fight is raised to watchable just because of their commentary and insight. With the Pride Middleweight Grand Prix Tournament coming up in the Summer and Pride in Las Vegas coming sometime next year, right now would be a great time in getting started with the PPVs.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Oh and it's rumoured that Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is going to be fighting on the show... Wrestling fans should take notice cause he likes to SLAM~! (as shown in my pic)

Guest tpww7

To make things even worse if thats possible, Brock is injured, so there goes the chance of Brock-Show reaching higher than a star.

Guest Kamui

Well, RRR, you should work for Pride, because now that the PPVs are being carried by InDemand (FINALLY) I was debating ordering it or not. And you convinced me. Plus, the last UFC one I ordered sucked, so that's enough convincing I need to pick Pride instead.

Oh yeah, the WWE PPV. You can bet your ass if someone else wasn't paying for it I wouldn't be watching, but yeah. The fact that Ultimo won't be showing up is depressing, though. As a huge fan, I would have so marked-out for that. Oh well.

-Duo

Guest RavishingRickRudo

UFC tends to put on worse shows than Pride - they don't really "get it"... plus their champions keep leaving...

Guest Downhome

Well, I ended up not ordering the PPV. My dad did it for me for my brithday (which is Tuesday btw).