TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

The One and Only WWE Judgement Day 2003 Thread

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

I'd watch Mr. Deeds over Nash / HHH ANYTIME.

I saw Mr. Deeds in the Movie Theatre, and have it on DVD.

I like what I like. I pay no attention to bullshit Critics or anyone else.

Guest NoSelfWorth

Winners: The people who didn't watch it.

Losers: The people who did watch it.

Guest CanadianChris

From what I can piece together...

La Resistance d. Test & Steiner

FBI d. Benoit, Rhyno & Spanky

Eddy & Tajiri d. Team Angle (new champions)

Christian wins IC battle royal

Torrie wins bikini contest

Mr. America d. Piper

Nash d. HHH, DQ

Jazz d. Jacqueline, Victoria & Trish

Brock d. Big Slow

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Why do you bash people who watch what they like ?

Bash people who don't watch a movie that you'd prefer.

Guest razazteca

Hawiian Punch in a water fountain! How can you hate that? I bet that fight between the woman at the diner fat woman vs the girlfriend was better than Nash vs HHH.

Guest HartFan86

Stretcher match was surprisingly better than what I thought it would be, everything else was blah.

Fun night with my friends watching it, though.

Guest Downhome
I don't agree. To the mainstream, WWE is wrestling, and when WWE is really bad, the mainstream thinks all wrestling is that bad. I feel that damage that WWE is doing right now is far worse in the long term than if WWE went out of business tomorrow.

And thank you for responding intelligently.

Those are great points, but I don't see them as valid as you seem to hold them. Yes, to the mainstream WWE IS Pro. Wretling. To be quite honest, it's been that way for around two decades. Yes, the NWA was very popular, but to most people when one mentioned Pro. Wrestling, they instantly thought of WWWF or WWF. The same thing can be said for WWF and WCW for the most part as well. Same thing, right now, Pro. Wrestling is WWE, and that's perfectly fine, it's just how it's almost always been.

Sure, WWE is hurting right now in many ways, and as a result many casual fans look at Pro. Wrestling in a bad light also, but that's nothing new. It happened at times in the 80's, it happened in the early 90's, and it's happening now. There are many times in the past where people thought WWF would die out, most notably durring the Vince McMahon trials and the such, but they made it through.

This time it's different though, this situation is different. Seeing how MOST people think of WWE IS Pro. Wrestling, if it was to die out and go totally out of business, what do you think people would think of the Pro. Wrestling industry, seeing how SO many people think of WWE AS the industry? It would be a blow to the industry the likes that haven't been felt in decades, if not ever. It would be hard as fuck, if not near impossible for a brand new company to just rise up without something main stream. Not to mention, to even be able to do that in the first place, the person doing so would have to have a hell of a lot of financial backing. Then to go on top of that, the person would have to know about the industry itself. Vince McMahon may be a stupid fuck a lot of the times, but he knows a lot more about the business, how to run it, etc... than many who would just jump into it for the hell of it.

Think of how many years it took for WWF to get to where they finally reached. It would be the same thing, and at this time we do not need that. Pro. Wrestling is still SOMEWHAT hot right now, seeing how millions still tune in each week. If WWE died, the Pro. Wrestling industry would loose many fans. Seeing how it would take many years, a decade or more to ever have a force such as WWE has been and still is, just imagine how hard it would be.

Yes, WWE sucks right now, and they do tons of shit the wrong way. I think most fans would agree with that 100%, even I recognize it's problems. Still, even if some of you hate to hear this, it IS a down time. I do not mean that in terms of fans not wanting to tune in, the economy, etc... I mean that in terms of the product. Each federation, from any generation, had it's problems every few years or so. The down time right now is in terms of the creative, and sooner or later WWE will rise up out of that slump, just like they have done before, and just like basicly every other federation alive today, and from the past, had done.

The only way WWE will die out is if Vince McMahon makes a conscience decision to leave the industry totally, which I doubt he'll ever do. Keep in mind, WWE is doing around twice as much business as it was in the early 90's in terms of fan base and TV ratings, and I'm sure they sale an ass load of more merchendise also. They aren't even close to closing down, and the last thing that both WWE, and the Pro. Wrestling industry as a whole needs, is for that to happen.

Guest JHawk

That was the best 35 dollars I never spent, from what I gathered.

I'd have been PISSED had I paid for that show and gotten those results.

Guest RedJed

Whew, thank god I didnt get the show, results sounded underwhelming, even worse than I expected. I actually figured they would try a little harder with this show but considering the lineup, maybe this was the best they could do with it *shrugs*

Guest CanadianChick

I didn't see the ppv, but read results. From reading the battle royal, all I gotta say is that RVD/Kane BETTER break up now. Have them lose the titles tomorrow when one of them turns heel (PLEASE).

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Ok, ok, ok...

Lemme get this straight...

The Battle Royale didn't have a CLEAN finish?

AHAHAHHAHA!

I fucking RULE~! Man, I found that when I don't watch the WWE I find it much easier to predict what they are going to do...

You know, the day after the PPV people will say "it wasn't as bad as you would have thought" - which won't be a compliment but some will try to spin it as such, because this card looks to be a black hole in the wrestling industry, where theoretically, it could suck in all light and matter and interest until nothing is left to exist... it's that bad.

See

DH - 2000/01 was the biggest years financially for the company. Look at their numbers now... they are posting LOSSES. In just a year. The rate of decline is staggering. Their house show numbers are just as low as they were in the mid-90's, but here's the thing: They have a roster that is 100 times better than the one they did 7 years ago. They have Hogan, they have Austin, they have HBK, they have Benoit, they have Eddie... there is absolutely no reason other than the WWE's own stupidity for this to be happening. They are cancelling house shows, the PPV tonight had parts of the upper deck covered - and things don't look to be getting better.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Obviously you haven't heard about next month's main event...

Guest the r-train

I just wanted to add that I thought it was hilarious when Big Show broke one of the stretchers in the stretcher match with his big fat ass.

Guest AndrewTS
Ok, ok, ok...

Lemme get this straight...

The Battle Royale didn't have a CLEAN finish?

AHAHAHHAHA!

I fucking RULE~! Man, I found that when I don't watch the WWE I find it much easier to predict what they are going to do...

You know, the day after the PPV people will say "it wasn't as bad as you would have thought" - which won't be a compliment but some will try to spin it as such, because this card looks to be a black hole in the wrestling industry, where theoretically, it could suck in all light and matter and interest until nothing is left to exist... it's that bad.

See

DH - 2000/01 was the biggest years financially for the company. Look at their numbers now... they are posting LOSSES. In just a year. The rate of decline is staggering. Their house show numbers are just as low as they were in the mid-90's, but here's the thing: They have a roster that is 100 times better than the one they did 7 years ago. They have Hogan, they have Austin, they have HBK, they have Benoit, they have Eddie... there is absolutely no reason other than the WWE's own stupidity for this to be happening. They are cancelling house shows, the PPV tonight had parts of the upper deck covered - and things don't look to be getting better.

Battle Royal with a screwy finish. Figures. I'm not the least bit shocked and even expected it.

And there should be no excuse, but WWE tries to find one all the time.

Guest eiker_ir

how long was the battle royal? reading this, it seemed like it ended really quick

Guest THE MIGHTY THOR

From reading the ppv reports it sounds to me that the whyole ppv sucked, Big Show in any match with Lesnar on top of that it's going to be crap no matter what, and Nash with Crips was going to suck so much that even a blind man would say that's the worst crap he's ever seen.So whoever paid for this crap and it's sorry to have paid for it now deserves to be flamed like the idiots that they are, anybody else who paid for it and liked it then more power to you for being the sheeps that you guys are.

Guest Mulatto Heat
Benoit got a much bigger pop than any of the six, and bigger than I thought he'd get in North Carolina.

:D

Nice to know that his off-and-on feud with the FBI hasn't killed his heat. See, I *can* be positive!

BTW, only 27 pages, and about 20 for the PPV itself? Shame. Last week's RAW had more, I think, and that's after massive deterioration from a few months ago.

Thor, tell us how you really feel.

Guest Caliban
So whoever paid for this crap and it's sorry to have paid for it now deserves to be flamed like the idiots that they are, anybody else who paid for it and liked it then more power to you for being the sheeps that you guys are.

Whoa betide freedom of choice...