TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Downhome

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Eddie Guerrero

Guest Downhome

Yes, this stems from my now owning the Rey Mysterio Jr. DVD and watching their match from WCW Halloween Havoc '97. If they, somehow, were set into a program with one another once again, do you feel that the sort of magic that took place in this match, would be able to happen in WWE? Hell, would those in WWE even allow for both of them to go full on as they did in that match. Or to take it further, do you even feel that they could put on such a match even if they were allowed to go full out?

They ARE both on SD, so who knows, heh.

Sincerely,

...Downhome...

Edited by Downhome

Guest Choken One

Maybe...Eventully Eddy will turn rudo heel again and I am pretty sure they will have another epic match together...

Although I wouldn't be shocked to see that they already wrestled at some point during the 4 Way Tag Series last Fall...

Guest Downhome
Maybe...Eventully Eddy will turn rudo heel again and I am pretty sure they will have another epic match together...

Although I wouldn't be shocked to see that they already wrestled at some point during the 4 Way Tag Series last Fall...

Part of my posting this also stems from watching the Angle/Mysterio match from SD that's on this DVD. To me, there is NO doubt that Rey Mysterio Jr. can still fucking go, and when he's on he's ON. I hope we get to see Mysterio get to wrestle more guys like Eddie and the such, and maybe even Ultimo, seeing how it LOOKS like he wont be going against guys like TBS anymore for a while now.

Guest Choken One

Right they are going with the Moore/Hardy/Mysterio triangle angle for the CW title...Which I'm betting Mysterio takes on a TV title Match and Dragon makes his WWE debut at Vengence...

Guest bob_barron

Rey has wrestled Eddy in WWE. The match was AWESOME and took place on November 14th, 2002

Right they are going with the Moore/Hardy/Mysterio triangle angle for the CW title...Which I'm betting Mysterio takes on a TV title Match and Dragon makes his WWE debut at Vengence...

where does the Moore part of the triangle come from? I know everyones been saying he's gonna split with Matt, but I've seen no sign of them building to it.

And isn't Rey gonna be out for a bit?

Guest Choken One

No Sign? Didn't Hardy attack him Moore out of frustration...

and besides I didn't say Moore was turning...I just said he was a part of it...

Guest bob_barron

Also-

WWE gave them three more minutes then WCW did at Halloween Havoc.

So I guess WWE gave them more of an opportunity then WCW

Guest Downhome
Also-

WWE gave them three more minutes then WCW did at Halloween Havoc.

So I guess WWE gave them more of an opportunity then WCW

Yes, but do you really think WWE was "allowing" them to go full force in that match?

Guest EternallyLazy

Mysterio wrestled Benoit and Angle both in singles matches and both matches were pretty damn great, so I'm confident that another match with Eddie if given time would rock the body that rocked the party

How crap am I feeling that I don't even get SmackDown because I am in Australia. Eddie-Mysterio would rule for somewhere like the second SD-only PPV. That gives time for Eddie to turn, lose the tag belts and attack Mysterio.

Guest Choken One

While everyone else creams for Eddy/Rey or Rey/Dragon...

I must be the only one who wants Lesnar/Rey...

That wasn't scarcasm...I'd love to see that match...And They could make that match as a Side-show to Angle's return PPV...against Cena...

Guest Downhome
While everyone else creams for Eddy/Rey or Rey/Dragon...

I must be the only one who wants Lesnar/Rey...

That wasn't scarcasm...I'd love to see that match...And They could make that match as a Side-show to Angle's return PPV...against Cena...

It would either be a classic, or just a train wreck of styles.

I'm all for it.

Guest bob_barron

Lesnar fought Rey on 10.31.02.

They seemed to go all out- especially considering it was 3 days before a PPV.

Like I said- They gave those guys more time to shine then WCW did.

Lesnar vs. Rey would work if Lesnar was a heel.

Right now, it seems like Lesnar and Rey are buddies.

...though, they could do face vs. face like they did with Warrior and Hogan back in 1990...

Guest Downhome

Now THIS one I don't remember at all.

Shortly before Survivor Series 2002...

They were doing pretty good against each other...then Big Show came out and beat them both up.

Guest Choken One

Well yeah I remember this match but it was only like 2 minutes...

I want a Whole 10-20 minutes of Lesnar/Mysterio...

Guest Downhome

They were doing pretty good against each other...then Big Show came out and beat them both up.

That would be why I don't remember it, nor cared to. I DESPISE matches that have that ending, it pisses me off to no end.

Guest bob_barron

Lesnar v. Rey ended with Big Show interference- He threw Rey into the crowd and then chokeslammed Brock through the table.

Do you remember Eddy v. Rey DH- It was one sweet TV match. One of my favourite SD! 6 matches

Guest Choken One

...though, they could do face vs. face like they did with Warrior and Hogan back in 1990...

Not really...You could always have Lesnar become too over-protective of Mysterio...

Then when Mysterio wants to fight his own battles against, A-Train...Lesnar convinces Stephanie to prevent Rey from wrestling...

Mysterio gets annoyed by this and Lesnar isn't trying to be an asshole but just doesn't want to see his best friend get hurt...

Mysterio says don't worry...And challenges him for the title...

Lesnar acts as if Rey was joking and Rey gets firey and throws a rant and Lesnar smartens up and grants him a shot...

*Mysterio doesn't do a Heel turn*

So they go to Venegence and tear it up for 18 minutes...Lesnar gets one over Mysterio and they remain good friends...

Not really...You could always have Lesnar become too over-protective of Mysterio...

Then when Mysterio wants to fight his own battles against, A-Train...Lesnar convinces Stephanie to prevent Rey from wrestling...

Mysterio gets annoyed by this and Lesnar isn't trying to be an asshole but just doesn't want to see his best friend get hurt...

Lesnar acts as if Rey was joking and Rey gets firey and throws a rant and Lesnar smartens up and grants him a shot...

So they go to Venegence and tear it up for 18 minutes...Lesnar gets one over Mysterio and they remain good friends...

Now...there's one problem with this whole thing...

WWE Logic won't allow such a brilliantly thought out and productive feud to happen.

Guest Downhome

Lesnar v. Rey ended with Big Show interference- He threw Rey into the crowd and then chokeslammed Brock through the table.

Do you remember Eddy v. Rey DH- It was one sweet TV match. One of my favourite SD! 6 matches

Yes, now that you mention it I do remember it. Like I said before though, it just didn't seem as special as their previous work, but it was still great.

Now that I think about it, I can't believe that SD used to have a great match almost every single week for a number of weeks, that was outstanding.

Guest bob_barron

It didn't have the aura of the mask v. title match as it was just another TV match but it was still awesome **** wrestling

Guest Choken One

Oh I know...I practilly WROTE Flair/HHH out for them...

They did the first half and shat on the rest of my brilliant design...

Guest Downhome

What I wouldn't give for more angles like that.