TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GLWUT

Metal Comments

Guest GLWUT

I'm usually either excited or disappointed after a show... but after this one, I'm kind of at a happy medium... an equilibrium, if you will. So with that said, I would like to say that I just skimmed the show.

Congrats to our new champ... our retaining champ... our victorious newbies... so on and so forth. And good job to all that wrote. (Y)

Now it's time to read in more detail. DETAIL RAWKS.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I just wanted to give props to Jonathan Clarke on a great first effort, regardless of it being a default win. You show a lot of potential. As does Dan Caldwell. I'm sorry to see you lose out, but know that if you keep plugging away that the wins will start rolling in. Good luck on your next match to both men.

Guest Powerplay

Hey yo. I'd just like to say that because of the very different nature of the two matches I had to mark, the decision itself was very hard. I have a lot of comments for both guys, who look to have tons of talent, and I'll get them out right after I get home from work.

Edit: And, um, Holly, it's WE won. You had a tag match, man.

Guest Crowe

But of course, Judge... it was because of Spike's half that they won. I mean, duh, he's the King of the World, if there is one man in this federation that I fear defending against, it's Spike motherfucking Jenkins.

Guest Dace59

Spike won a match?

Oh, it was a tag match, he got carried (Seriously, congrats)

Aecas, that was one sweet cage match. Reminded me of some of Janus' stuff (Probably because I remember his cage matches most in my mind right now) Sick ending.

Extreme Soultion, nice first match, love the Nova moveset.

ED, you're English (character wise) you won, it's all cool.

Commentary and more description are all that's needed.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
But of course, Judge... it was because of Spike's half that they won. I mean, duh, he's the King of the World, if there is one man in this federation that I fear defending against, it's Spike motherfucking Jenkins.

That's so going in the sig.

Guest Crowe

And oh, I'll get around to commenting on the show in a couple days, since I'm kinda all tied up right about now.

Guest Ace309

Since I gave Caldwell some in-depth comments in the Losing Match thread, I'll do the same for English Dragon.

All in all, it was Perfectly Acceptable Wrestling™. Your wrestling match per se was better than Caldwell's, and while your description was a little thin, his was overly thick. I think yours was closer to right than his was... it's tough to get it right on. I still have trouble with it and tend toward overdescribing things.

Drama up your writing a bit. Skim some of the upper-card SJL matches and matches in the WF to see how people tease pins to make them more interesting than "One, two... kickout."

As I'm sure has been pointed out to you, commentary is there for a reason. If you're familiar with ancient literature at all, you know the Greek chorus explains things to the audience. The commentators are the Greek chorus. They point out things like the story being told in the ring in such a way as to make it seem like they're just discussing it, but it serves the purpose of guiding the reader and making sure important things are fresh in his mind.

Overall, a fine debut. Good luck moving up in the SJL.

And oh, I'll get around to commenting on the show in a couple days, since I'm kinda all tied up right about now.

Where is it Crow? I'm calling you on your comments.

Guest Crowe

Eh, can't be bothered anymore. Want comments? Ask your marker.

I feel too lethargic to read/write/praise Spike Jenkins.

Edited by Crowe

I feel too lethargic to read/write/praise Spike Jenkins.

DAMN YOU!

Guest The Superstar

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

He's just afraid of giving out so much praise to the Hollywood Grapplers~~~!

Sign in to follow this