TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Beingz0wningj00

Smarkdown commentaroos

Guest Beingz0wningj00

I was all over da show, cuz I R kewl!

Good show for what time we had there dudes... damn you X for beating my 1800 word masterpiece!

Edwin beings headrung with title! Ha1 I made a funny!

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Oi my brains!

See, that actually looked really good.  Had no one known it was late and rushed, no one would be the wiser...doh.

Guest Grand Slam

::breathing deeply to avoid yelling...::

So, I'm writing my match on Sunday.  After 3900 words, i decide I need a break and hop on the boards to find myself with a PM from Thugg telling me the plan for the match changed and I had to, in effect, scrap my entire opening.  Needless to say I was a little angry and sent Thugg a note telling him so.  To his credit he apologozed, but the damage was done.  I talked to Stubby, got an extension and finished the match, leaving my original opening intact and fully expecting to lose a relatively important match because of storyline issues.

I hop on-line this morning and am pleased to see that with a little editing, Stubby almost made my match fit the story X and Sacred and JD did in their match.  One way or another, it worked and I am thrilled that I won.

Then... then I find out that after all of the dramatics on Sunday, Thugg no-showed and X almost did.  

::another deep breath::

I guess this post has two reasons for being here.  One, no-showing sucks (and yes, I understand the hypocritical nature of that statement).  It ruins storylines, kills momentum and really honks off your opponent.  In this case, I am literally typing slower than normal to make sure I don't go off on a rant about it.  Let's get this taken care of.  If you can;t write matches anymore, maybe you should re-evaluate your priorities or, as much as I hate to say it, leave the fed.  No-showing matches left and right isn't helping anyways.  I understand it happens occasionally, God knows I am as guilty of it as anyone, but constant, chronic no-showing implies a lack of respect for the booker, the fed, and more importantly, your opponent.

Second, remember what we all learned about storyline stuff in the JL?  Ifd you have an inkling that there may be a storyline point happening in a scheduled match, let your opponent know immediatly!  If you have to check with Stubby or another marker about something drastic, that's fine.  But that doesn't stop you from informing your opponent in advance that there may be something they need to do.  Having been victimized by this Sunday, I can assure you that I was ready to quit the fed on the spot.  

Just remember that, as valuable as your time is, your opponent's is equally as valuable.  Some of us have High School, some of us have college, and some of us have jobs.  Some of us have responsibilities that transcend this fed (wives, kids, family).  We, and by that I mean every single person who writes in this fed, are giving up time we could be doing homework, chores or just spending time with our loved ones because we love this fed and enjoy writing for it.  These two things, the no-showing and late storyline changes, show a lack of respect towards your opponent.  Let's all try and be a little more mindful of what impact our actions have on everyone associated with this fed.

Now that I have that out of my system (and sure that nobody will read it due to length) I will join everyone in saying how disappointed I was in this show.  This is the last show before a Pay-Per-View!  What was there was good.  What was missing is tragic.

Finally, big props to Stubby for editing down my match to make it make sense (not that you really had a choice).  As I have said before, Stubby is Da Man!!!!

Guest HVilleThugg

ARGH!!!

Mark!

How dare you call me out in public on the boards!!  Don't ever do that...not after all the shit I've done here!

First, in the future, it would have served both of us better if you would have just send me a PM telling me how pissed you still were.  But, you've called me out here in public, so now the gloves are off.  I'm pissed off and I'm done being nice!

I NEVER no show!  I have no showed once in the past 5 months!  I apologized to everyone, to Stubby, to you...I PMed Stubby to tell him I was no showing, and I made sure that you wrote before doing so.  So don't call me out for no showing because given all the work I've put into this fed, Lord knows I deserve better than that.  Now as for the late storyling thing, I already apologized to you about that.  I wrote you a lengthy PM saying how bad I felt about it.  I don't know what you want from me!  I'm not going to sit here and explain the circumstances of the past weekend to you or anyone else because that's my business.  Stubby knows my situation, and that's all that matters.  I think I've earned the right to have a little bit more respect bestowed upon me than what you've shown here today.  I work goddamn hard for this fed!  I work goddamn hard to make sure that we have a main event!  I've worked hard for longer than I can remember to make angles work, even when my opponent does jack shit to help me.  That's right I said it!  

If I'm offending you or anyone else with this, I can honestly say that I don't give a fuck.  Mark, I'm a grown ass man, and I deserve to be treated as such.  No offense to anyone else here, but I'm not some fucking kid that you can just say what you want to and expect to bend over and take it.  I'm a grown ass man, who has some of the same responsibilities as you.  So don't talk to me or about me like I'm a fucking child!

I don't know where you get off calling me out like that.  I mean, honestly, you need to be thanking me.  Yeah, that's right...I've put in countless hours of work...for you!  I've worked hard to get your character over in an angle that I've been working on for 3 months that originally had nothing at all to do with Grand Slam Mark Stevens.  X and I have made it a point to make sure that your character had heat going into a PPV match that, honestly, neither of us wanted you to be a part of in the first place.  Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily care that you're in the match, but I think you should recognize that he and I did all the work for this angle, and you did nothing!  You wrote one promo that, if you read it, completely validates my assumption that you have paid little to no attention to an angle that involves you.  

I'm highly pissed off that you would call me out like that, especially when I've already privately and publically apologized for the situation.  But, if you think I'm gonna bend over and let you say whatever you want, you are sadly mistaken.  I've worked too goddamn hard to let you call me out like that, especially when my hard work has benefitted you!

Next time you want to call someone out, you should first look to make sure that they don't hold your cards.  Make sure you've done the work...make sure you've done what you're supposed to do...then you can call them out.  Because, seriously, you have no business calling me out.  A simple PM saying that you're pissed would have been better, and it probably would have generated a much better response from me.  I may have even apologized to you again.  But not now Mark...now I'm fucking pissed.  So, as far as I'm concerned...you can take your I'm older and wiser rant and shove it.  Cause I ain't gonna take that shit...not from you...and sure as hell, not after I've done ALL the work to get your character over.

And if you're mad that you won by no-show...imagine how I felt when I won the world title from you, but all I see are posts saying how it's tainted and it's unfair and all that shit!  Doesn't feel so nice when the shoe's on the other foot, does it?  I beat you for the title, and all I get are people saying that it's unfair for one reason or another.  I was highly upset by that, but did I go ranting off at you...no!  But here you are, running off at the mouth, calling me out...because you're pissed that you won a match by no-show...a match, nonetheless, that was more or less meaningless.  Yeah, I hate to break it to you Mark, but that match was pointless...it's only point was to have a high profile match before the PPV.  Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good match to have.  But as far as the grand scheme goes, it wasn't a big match.  The big match is this Sunday!

So Mark, I'll end by rant by saying this.  Don't ever...in your life...call me out in public.  And if you have this itching urge in your fingers to call me out again, take a moment to think that I'm the one that has worked hard to make sure your character fits into the PPV match.  I'm the one that makes sure Stevens goes in with heat, and is not some random bystander to a highly emotional feud between HVT and X.  And before you fly off at me again, remember all the work that I've done for this fed, and give me the respect that I've earned.

Da "done being nice" H

Guest Grand Slam

OK... first, let me apologize to Thugg and X, who I offended.  Whether you believe me or not, I didn't mean to.  Let me have a few line to explain what I was trying to accomplish with my post.

- Ovarall, I think there has been a distinct lack of communication in the fed since we switched over to Smarks.  And not just you and X Thugg.  In fact, until this weekend, you were both two of the more reliable people to work with.  I wasn't thrilled with my placement in the match either for several reason, the primary one being that this shouldbe about X and Thugg.  Graand Slam doesn't really fit here.  And, believe it or not, I really do appreciate your efforts to work me into astoryline that I had no clue how to be involved in.  And as long as we are throwing all our cards on the table here, my plans for this month were pretty much shattered by King's departure, so I was a little reluctant to get involved in your very personal feud.  No, the lack of communication is all over the place.  No-shows, aborted storylines, hurt feelings and, in the end result, poor shows, are just a byproduct.

- My section on no-showing was obviously (or maybe not, but it was meant to be obvious) not directed at Thugg.  We had a grand total of what, three matches get turned in for this show?  It is sad, sad to see a fed that you and I and so many people have put this much work into suffer.  I was just using this weekend's situation to put an example to it.  Maybe I shouldn't have, but I did.  In the end result, I was just trying to illustrate the depth that this no-showing thing has sunk to.  If you thought I meant that you, Thugg, had no respect for me or this fed, then I erred in my argument.  I in no way meant to imply that you are a chronic no-shower.  I am sorry if it appears as such.

- About the storyline thing - This is something that has happened to me more times than I care to think.  Rarely a month goes by that I am not receiving a PM changing something about the match a day or so before the deadline.  All I am saying here is that it hurts everyone's ability to write good matches, and it hurts the fed in general.  How many times have you done it to me Thugg?  Once, on Sunday.  That's it.  Again, if I implied that it was more often, then I apologize.  Now I would be lying if I said that I wasn't still upset by it.   But, in the long run, it is a minor thing.  Maybe I let my emotions do more of the talking than I should have.  Maybe I should have been more clear that I wasn't condeming Thugg.  If so, then again, I apologize.

Well, i have tried to explain myself.  I could go on about why this weekend in particualr annoyed me, but I won't because, in the end result, it doesn't matter.  In your post Thugg, you did as much to say that I am a leech on this fed sucking away other people's storylines.  You called me names and brought my integrity into question.  Fine.  Really, no skin off my nose.  I do the best I can here.  Usually, it is good enough.  We all make mistakes.  Maybe you made one this weekend.  Maybe I made one with my earlier post.  Maybe I am making one now by trying to smooth this over and only making it worse.  Time will tell.

If you want to continue being mad at me HVT, go right ahead.  Am I mad at you?  No.  Am I mad about this weekend?  A little maybe, but not nearly as much as you think I am.  To be honest, everyone else on these boards can criticize everyone's matches, promos, appearance, writing styles, posts, icons, sig files, everything.  The only three times I have come out and said something about anything even vaugely critical, I have been absolutely blasted.  If I was some rank noob I would (and did) keep my mouth shut.  I've been here quite a while now and if nothing else, I think I have won the right to give my opinion and not have someone call me names.

So, allow me to say once more that I am sorry if any of my comments were upsetting to you Thugg.  I am sorry that you thought I was calling you out.  I am sorry that this whole thing happened.  I am sorry for being a third wheel in your feud with X.  And I am sorry, believe it or not, about the way you won the title.  You can choose to continue to be angry or let it go.  I have let it go.

Guest Suicide King

I suggest you both take a big step back, RIGHT NOW.  

Thugg, recognize Mark's post for what it is; an honest criticism and an attempt to make sure that what happened to him happens to no one else. He wasn't criticizing you for no-showing, that was just the icing on the cake.  What he was saying he didn't like was that you and X decided without consulting him to change the specifics of a match that he was in.  I think that is a MORE than legitimate beef.  So take a deep breath and think about it, ok?  And frankly the specifics of the match at the PPV aren't Mark's fault.  Stubby makes the matches.  And I for one like the triple threat going in.

Stevens.  As you've told me during the last week, you understood that Thugg and X were trying to incorporate you into their plotline.  You even said how nice it was.  No, it doesn't excuse what happened.  I'll be honest here, I was the one who told Mark to post something on the main boards to hopefully ensure that the changing of match stuff without your opponent's consent would stop.  I did not anticipate Thugg's hostile response, however, re-reading Mark's post it is more than understandable. ;)

So Thugg, you can blame me for Stevens' calling you out.  He did it on my advice, which perhaps may have been bad. I had the best of intentions.  Now however you both are a touch overreacting.

So step back.  Now.  That is an order.

Who am I to give orders?

Absolutely no one.  But I've been both vicitimizer and victim of this sort of thing, both call-out and match-alteration... and this gets us nowhere.  We have more important things to deal with right now than an ego clash.

Guest BA_Baracus

PROMO (Stubby P. McWeed);

"Oh my Gawd!

They're shooting, they're shooting!  Mark and Thugg are shooting all over each other!

What will happen when these two get in the ring this Sunday?!  This could be a whole new kind of fight folks!

Mothernature says, Stubby shills good..."

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Easy killers, before I pull out the Yo Momma jokes and destroy both of your self esteems.

Hey Thugg, who beat you by a noshow? ;) :D

Ok, that was just a jab, no offense.

Speaking from the point of view of a guy who has noshowed his fair share of matches. My main reason was, procrastinating until the deadline, then saying fuck it and doing something else. Yes, that can be selfish, but more often then not, it's not the top list of priorities.

Believe it or not, I for one, care a great deal about this fed. I work hard, most shows where I can't get a match in, I still do a promo. Blarg... I'm not going to talk about me.

I think it is quite clear what Thugg has done for the fed over the last four months especially. He's defeated practically all comers, except that wrily Suicide King. ;) He may have dominated the Main Event scene, but for a bloody reason, with bad ass promos and some scary matches.

But we also have Mark, who hasn't always been in the Main Event. But, his work ethic is always up there. Now I forgot what I was going to say... so um...

EASY KILLERS!!!

Guest Xstasy

"whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... whoa... whoa... WHOA!!!!!!"

~The Rock

First of all... how did the show suck?  I thought the show was great!  3 out of 4 matches, a good number of promos, and storylines taking place galore.  I enjoyed it.

Secondly, I think I owe Mark, Sacred, and JD an apology for getting to them so late and for assuming they'd go with Thugg and my storylines.  That was pretty bad on my part, but to be honest, Thugg and I come up with stuff on the fly, so we just kinda think and then do with no time in between.  In the future I'll have to be really careful about that.

Thirdly, there is definately a line that was drawn, and on it I have to side with Thugg completely and wholeheartedly.  Mark, I'm not gonna call you out on anything, because you haven't done anything disrespectful to me, and neither King.  But I will say that, even though Thugg and I made a mistake, the disrespect shown to him (in the first or third degree) is not at all warranted.

We've been at this angle for four months and are finally being rewarded.  No one can say they have worked as hard on an angle as we have, no one has had to postpone the final culmination so long.  This is more from my view than Thugg's, as this is my first title shot.  But the guy basically MADE the angles he was in for the sake of the fed.  I know because I've been there every step.  When he won the title, there was nothing but criticism.  Then after four months of work, we finally get our shot in the three way.  Thugg and I have tried (with tons of success, I think) to incorporate Mark and give him something to build on for the PPV.  We've got the bulk of the feud, done most of the storyline, as well as the Lion's share of the work for angles and storylines PERIOD in this fed.  I don't take much credit for it, because it's Thugg's time to shine right now.  I've always been a bastard child in this federation, that's my role.  The upstart that no one really respects, but still needs around regardless of whether they admit it or not.  But after what Thugg has done for this fed and Grand Slam personally, I definately stand by his outburst, and I think it was completely justified.  Mean.  But justified.  I'm not trying to call you a leech, Mark, but your presence in the feud definately takes away from the work we've done, and the fact that we've done more work to not only include you, but get you OVER AS HELL definately warrants an outburst from Thugg.  Now I'm not angry with you, you apologized, all is well, we're gonna knock 'em dead come Sunday.  But This ain't no overreacting.  HVT had every right to get pissed, and even though I'm not really that mad, I still stand with him on that issue.

What it comes down to is these two issues.  No showing, and storyline stuff.  To the no showing- we have 15 or so people.  That's ridiculous.  A federation should be 30 some odd strong, we have 15.  People are overbooked.  Overworked, and many have no goals to work towards.  Many are unjustly rewarded too, imho, because its stale.  There's only so much of the same people you can take before it just gets plain ludicrous.  I've fought JD four times in the past month.  Sacred four.  There's got to be more, not just for me, but for them.  It's getting stale.  There are tons of problems, mainly because a few people can't do it all by themselves, they drive themselves crazy.  Not just as far as CC is concerned, but for the entire fed.  We have a few people, and we need more.  People need to do angles.  Low card, mid card, and main event!  People need more reasons to write.  And when you're the only people working on a high intensity angle, such as the one Thugg and I have, it's EXTREMELY hard to get up the desire to write.  This is a show comment thread, and so far only one person, the poster, has commented on the show.  No one has said jack about the angles Thugg and I have going on, besides perhaps Edwin awhile back.  Does anyone even care?  Does anyone read the shows anymore, or just their own matches?  Why should I write if no one's gonna read and comment on the goings on?  So you see, there's alot more there than just "I'm not gonna write today."  The entire fed needs both numbers and an energy boost.

And now to the storyline stuff, which is where I really get passionate.  People have often said "X is a great STORYLINE writer," and I honestly don't know what that means.  Every match should be a story.  And seeing as how I am a writer by schooling, it really pisses me off.  If someone needs to have something revealing or telltale in their match, I will let them know.  They can decide not to do it if they want, but it will not go with the promos that are going up, nor with the angles that are currently going on.  I definately agree with Stevens- I should have contacted him sooner.  But the fact that Thugg and I are DEFINATELY and beyond a shadow of a doubt giving HEAPS and HEAPS as far as doing things with this three way angle is concerned I think warrants a little more respect, possibly in the form of an angry hate PM.  And there's always, "let's find a way to change it, this REALLY doesn't work for me."

Anyways, what makes me mad is doing all of this work for nothing.  People need to start reading the shows and commenting.  The fed needs to start changing.  We need more people yesterday, not tommorow!  We definately need to get organized!  We need to get enthused.  Over the past month X has found out that HVT nearly took him out, has been jacked up by the pound countless times, and his own sister was just mauled by the champ!!!  And no one has yet given their thoughts on the stuff, no one's behind the underdog!!  No one has said "X is a jackass, he deserves it!  I mark for HVT!!!"  nothing!  We are our own biggest fans, guys!  This crap doesn't mean anything to me if you guys can't get into it.  I'm wasting time writing these frickin' 4-7 thousand word matches if you guys won't recognize the work that I put into it!  And that's where I'm coming from when I say I have to stand by Thugg's rant.  After all of the work he's done, someone calls him out.  It's just not cool.  And after all the work we've both done, it sucks to see... "yeah whatever... I want to see such and such for a title shot."  Or "Yeah, this show sucked because only three people turned in matches!"  Those matches WERE turned in!  And they opened up more angles!  What about that?  What about the fact that Edwin and Sacred are having a feud!  I mean, this is Edwin Mac Phreakin' Phisto, perhaps the best writer this fed has ever seen.  And Sacred!  The man everyone has been acclaiming, but hasn't gotten that next step of a chance until now!!  What about that?  JD is freakin' US champ for cryin' out loud!  ELM is a high-flying madman!  My sister got beat up, dammit!!  Feedback!  Get hyped for this PPV!  Maybe then we'll not only have more show ups, but more people get interested, and the fed can survive!

Anyways, I hope no one was offended, especially King and Grand Slam... but I want you guys both to know that Thugg deserves more respect than that.  He had every right to get angry, and he called it like he sees it, which isn't normal for him on these boards.  Plus I know how it feels to get disrespected after you've been nothing but cooperative and hard-working, and have everyone come down on you as if you did everything wrong.  I refuse to stand by and watch someone else get disrespected.  No one has the right to tell anyone how to feel... especially if they've been busting their ass day in day out to come up with great stuff for the fed to move forward on.

Oh, and Thugg... you suck.

And someone please answer JD's challenge and take that title away from him!  PLEASE!!!  ANYONE!!!!

Guest Suicide King

Now it would be very easy for this to degenerate.  Mark and I are real-life friends, as are X and Thugg.  It's easy for us to take sides and start shooting, and maybe even dividing the fed between us.  I don't want that... but since X has come out with an eloquent defense and response to Thugg, I feel someone needs to defend Mark.

First of all Mark has already apologized for his part, even though he and I both feel that once again he is in the right.  He and I have nothing but the utmost respect for X and Thugg, and I think the boys know that.  However, what is clear to me is that while Stevens posted a clear, heartfelt, criticism, Thugg nailed him with a lot of unwarranted insults and attacks, and I for one really don't appreciate that.

You call Mark a leech.  A LEECH.  This man was carrying the fed back when you were a JLer, both of you.  He worked his way up slowly and surely, working with the best and the worst of the fed and making some killer storylines.  And you call him a fucking leech.  That royally pisses me off.  

I want to reiterate that not only do I respect Thugg and X, but I like them both as well personally and professionally.  That said, this time I think they are acting rather childishly and somewhat like asses.  Mark didn't ask to be injected into your storyline.  He doesn't WANT to be in your storlyine, but that is the match Stubby picked.  Deal with it.

Next... and here's something I have personal experience with, is that both of you often act like the fed and the other wrestlers will just conform to your plot ideas the moment you come up with them.  That isn't how it works.  You ask, well in advance if you need another person's character.  But you guys didn't, and you haven't in times before.  Now you apologized, and that is cool, but you guys need to realize that we care as much about our characters as you do about yours, and seing our people thrown in your plotline for your convenience without our permission in not just annoying, it is disrespectful. Far more disrespectful that anything Thugg said, and he came out with a mouthful of insults.

Damn guys... it isn't hard to PM people. It really isn't. I know you come up with your ideas at the last minute, but when they involve other people if you don't have their permission don't do it!  It's simple!

Sigh... I hate these debates.  God knows I've started more than one in my day.  That said thouhgh Stevens didn't deserve this.  Maybe Thugg didn't too, but I understand Mark's point wholeheartedly  I count Thugg and X among the best writers in the fed, and overall they are the most fun and personable guys as well.  That said though, now that I've said my peace...

I've got my boy's back.  X has got yours Thugg.  Why don't we just both take a big step back, agree to disagree, and just try to both be better about it in the future?  Thugg and X will be more respectful of other people's characters, and Mark and I will be more considerate of other people's feelings. Mark will even try to work harder o nhis part of your storyline.  Everybody wins.

And frankly that's is the only way I see anyone winning this, since I sincerely doubt reason will accomplish anything here.

And allow me to apologize once again for calling Thugg's title win tainted, since it's clear that he's still taking umbrage at it.

;)

Guest BA_Baracus

"Thugg and X, you definitely have been contributing quite a bit more than most people around here lately, but I think you're slightly exagerating how much you're doing.

You'd have us believe that you two have the *only* storylines going right now and that you're carrying the *entire* fed on your back somehow.

Well sorry, but there are other storylines, other writers and other people contributing.  Stevens is a 2-time world champ like Thugg,  hardly the mid-carder you're making him out to be.

I'm responsible for it being a 3-way at the PPV, and to be completely honest if I were going to have gone with a singles match at the PPV Stevens/Thugg would have been more likely the Xstasy/Thugg.

In my opinion world title matches should be about the title, not about storylines.  Storylines are good and build excitement for matches, but I didn't want the title match to be overshadowed by storylines, double crosses and run-ins.

Stevens was supposed to sort of balance the match, since he wasn't as involved and was just in the bout because he could write good matches.  Oh...and there's no way Thugg and Xstasy have been in full on feud mode for 4 months, so it's not like I'm completely blind and have just been putting the match off forever.

Aaaanyways.  Smarkdown went okay all things considered, so I don't see the big problem.

Mothernature says, add another long reply to the list!"

Guest Xstasy

What the f*ck ever!!!

It's very simple.  Grand Slam was interjected into the feud not by us, but by booking.  My friend, we did his work for him.  I'm not mad at it at all.  I am NOT mad at it.  But it is a fact.  What I am mad at is that Thugg and I (namely thugg) get no gratitude for it, and now we're getting REAMED for it.  Uh-uh cuz.  You needs to just chill.

Mark never carried jack sh*t!  When I was a JLer, he was stuck with Anarchy playing second fiddle to Bo and Suicide's principal violin.  So don't even go there.  NO ONE has done what Thugg has done for this fed.  EVER.  PERIOD.  Maybe the big lug has too much time on his hands, but that fact remains.

I wasn't gonna call you out, but since you decided to go there.  Let's not forget that you and GSMS had the opportunity to have the greatest feud ever, with tons of history, and a title match in the bag.  And what did you guys do?  No, please, tell me, I want to know.  Seriously?  How many promos?  How many build ups and collabs?  Seriously?  No, lets discuss this, because now I'm pissed.

I'm not childish, but now I am being an asshole, because I think I need to be.  It is completely uncalled for for ANYBODY to tell me what I do and don't deserve after what I have done, and that goes double for Thugg.  "Oh, your comments are uncalled for... oh, you're being childish and blah blah blah blah BLAH!"  The fact of the matter is, we are giving, not getting.  I included Mark in this angle AGAINST my will.  And you know what, I think it turned out pretty damn good.  So what did YOU want us to do?  Leave him completely out so that you could call us selfish jackasses.  Damned if we do, damned if we don't?  Is that it?

I don't think Mark is a leech.  Personally, I really don't.  What I do think is that a public reprimanding of Thugg is uncalled for.  We're not eleven year olds that you can stick a dunce cap on and send to the corner.  And maybe this happend- but Mark could have easily said "Guys, I can't do this, I've put in too much work, lets come up with something different."  Both HVT and I have wanted Stevens to take what we're doing in the angle and run with it.

King, lets not forget that we ASKED you about the HVT/ King/ X angle.  We did alot of work for our feud, and you got in on it.  And what did it culminate in?  HVT vs. King.  I wasn't there.  I'm not mad about that.  NOT mad.  It was a great match, and it made sense.  HVT and I do more work on our feud, and what does it culminate in?  Grand Slam vs. HVT vs. X.  I am NOT NOT NOT mad at that.  But King, you and I both know that if Thugg and I completely ousted Stevens, you'd be one of the first people upset.  Let's be honest here.  I actually think the three way angle is going along well, ESPECIALLY given the circumstances, but I'm not being childish at all.  I am ALWAYS respectful of people's characters.  Never have I tried to remove the integrity of ANYONE's character.  Perhaps my idea of respect is different from everybody else's.  I have ALWAYS said that anyone can use my character within reason, and I trust people to use my character.  I have gotten Grand Slam Mark Stevens over like a mofo in my matches and promos, as has Thugg.  Perhaps he didn't want to be used at all.  Mark, if this is the case, I am sorry.  I will stop using you period the split second you ask, and I honestly mean that.  But how is that disrespect?  I never threw anyone into my plotline for my convenience.  EVER!  GSMS is there because Stubby put him there.  You were there AFTER we asked you.  And that wasn't for my convenience, that was for YOURS!!  YOU got the title shot, and WON!  So don't call me or Thugg, who has been at the forefront of the working movement, a user in any way shape or form.

Patronizing disrespect is still disrespect and I for one will not sit back and watch it happen.  No I'm not taking a step back, and no I'm not agreeing to disagree about anything.  I am agreeing that I shouldn't have made such a last minute angle change without being in personal agreement with Mark.  I am disagreeing that Thugg deserved to be called out, however intentionally.  And I am MOST CERTAINLY disagreeing that I was in any way childish in my responses, or overly self-serving in my actions in this fed.  I don't care who the hell you are, I ALWAYS stand up for myself and for anyone else who gets flamed, b*tched out, or reamed unfairly.  And I NEVER take well to namecalling, not after what I have already done, and ESPECIALLY not after the little to no acclaim I have gotten for it.  EVERYBODY needs to check themselves on that one.  I am not a mean guy, but I will lock on like a pit bull if provoked, so come correct or don't come at all.

Guest Tyler McClelland

Wow, some good fights lately, and I have only been directly involved in one.

*sits back and eats popcorn*

You guys should probably just chill. This isn't going to go anywhere because both sides, reasonably so, aren't going to budge.

Guest HVilleThugg

WHAT?!?!

I what?!?

Please tell me something King...are you saying that X and I just decide things on our own and use people's characters for our own best interests??  Are you saying that X and I simply use people whimsically just to better ourselves or to boost our own egos?  Please, tell me you aren't saying that because if you are...then you should probaly just stop posting because that couldn't be futher from the truth.

Allow me to let you in on a little secret.  I have done very little here with my best interest in mind.  The only time I've used someone's character with MY best interest in mind is when I did a mini feud with ELM.  Yep, that was selfish on my part.  I wanted a shot at the title and I wanted to take a solid place in the main event.  However, other than that, I've done nothing with anyone's character just to appease my own ego.  In fact, I usually use people so that the main event just doesn't seem like a random collection of people fighting each other.  And every time I use someone, it's very calculated.  You see, I actually read the shows and promos, so I know what's going on around here.   So, I know when people are in limbo with no angle...or I know when they have an angle.  I think that I've been nothing by respectful of people's characters in the past, and will continue to do so in the future.  I don't injure people...I don't embarrass people (except maybe JD), and I sure as hell do my best to get them over, and to imply otherwise is an insult to me and a testament to how ignorant you can be.  Every time I've had a big match or a title match with someone, I've done my best to give it some history to work with.  I've done my best to give it some heat so that it's just a little bit more entertaining.  Is that wrong??  Well if it is, then I'm in the wrong fucking fed, and maybe I need to leave.  I'm here to try and entertain people...including you and Mark and me and X.  I'm not here to make myself feel good or boost my own ego because trust me, I don't NEED this fed and if you knew me, you'd know that I definitely don't need an ego boost.  

Ok, I went off on a tangent.  The point I was trying to make is that I do my best to keep the integrity of people's character in tact when I use them.  And honestly, maybe...just maybe if those people (not singling anyone out here, so don't take offense) would do just a little work, then I wouldn't have to interject them into angles and such.  If they just took a little initiative and did just a little work, then I wouldn't have to use them without permission because they would be involved in the angle.  But, you can't bash me for using people's characters when all I'm doing is attempting to help them and the fed by doing so.  It's just that simple.

And I always....ALWAYS...ask permission for anything drastic.  And I always...ALWAYS stop when people ask me to.  So don't try to make me out to be this ego-maniac who's only out for his own good and doesn't care who he steps on in the process.  I've been out for the greater good of this fed from the beginning, and if that's wrong, then I'll fucking leave right now!

Oh, and Stubbs, actually, X and I HAVE been feuding for 3 months, and our angle has been going for 4.  I'm not saying that you're oblivious and have been avioding the match because you DID give us the match.  There was just no title match involved, which is fine because I lost the title to King fair and square.  But we have been involved in an angle for the last 4 months.  And I have to disagree with the point that the title should be all about the the match.  I think that heat and personal rivalries and the like make an awsome title match great!  It takes it to the next level.  With Stevens in the match for this PPV, I think it's adds a dimension that X and I didn't count on...and dimension that is actually turning out to be very nice, despite my original objections to it.  So, I just wanted to clarify that.

Da "calmer, but keep it coming fellas, this is fun" H

Guest BA_Baracus

"Uhhh...X.  You want to know why Stevens is in the match?  Because he's a 2-time champion, and this is his return shot, which he *earned*.  You certainly did *not* do that work for him.  You haven't "got him over" either, he was already over.

Secondly, you're once again over-inflating your importance.  

"NO ONE has done what Thugg has done for this fed.  EVER.  PERIOD."

Is that a fact?  Thugg's been a dominant and good champ and has put some solid effort into storylines, but he's far from from the greatest thing to hit this fed ever.  

You say Stevens disrespected Thugg?  The way I see it, in your last post you blew any tiny, unintentionally negative comment Stevens made about Thugg out of the water.

Once again...if I had to choose between Thugg/Stevens and Thugg/Xtsasy, Thugg/Stevens would win.  

Stevens is a 2-time world champ and all you've had is a lacklustre ICTV title reign, so if you want to talk about disrespect and speaking down to people, I suggest you look in the mirror.

Now...lighten up people.

Mothernature says, she's outta' here..."

Guest Xstasy

Whatever Stubby.  You've disrespected me too many times to count.  I definately can talk about bias and people disrespecting me.

How come you're not talking down to Thugg or King for their comments like you are to me, almighty commish?  And of course you'll disagree that Thugg is "the greatest thing to hit this fed ever."  You think you are, so that's a moot point.  (hafta agree... I've gotcha there...)

And you know what, I am so over GSMS being in the match it's not even funny.  Stubby, count up the promos.  Match up the angles.  Let's talk about work that's been done as far as this particular work is concerned, and let that speak for itself, not the fact that you don't like me.  I daresay during your tenure as Commish you've gotten more Promos written by me than anyone.  And I'm talking major ish too.  Sometimes three in one show.  Count 'em up.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's a fact.  Of course, that's not everything, but I've been working my ass off, man.  And you still think I don't deserve a title shot?

I'm not gonna talk about the unsuccessful ICTV champ comment, because in a fed like this it's almost impossible to truly quantify, but hey, you call 'em like you see 'em, and you obviously see 'em with a partial eye.  Yes, Stevens is a 2 time world champ, a 2 time world champ that has NEVER defeated this lowly and unsuccessful jobber.  Once again, we've only met once (by my count.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong), so it's impossible to quantify, but the fact remains.  Does that make me better than him?  No.  But it still shows a bit of overlook on the part of the booker.

Maybe I am at mid card level.  But I won the number one contendership over HEAVY favorites (and even that could have been a fluke, but it did happen).  I've done the work (more work for my angle than Grand Slam did for his bout with King, no offense to you mark, but it is a fact), and yet you still treat me like dirt.  Again, I am not the greatest thing here, nor am I any better than the next man as far as worth and importance, but I think I deserve more than an OBVIOUSLY pointed flaming from you, of all people, mighty commish.  You talk about no shows so much.  Stevens no showed his last title shot.  And you defend him as having "earned" a rematch over the work that I have done with HVT for a culmination of our feud?  Please, don't BS me.  You don't like me?  Just say it:  "I don't like you, so I'd rather not give you the shot."

Mark, please don't take my comments the wrong way.  I've no showed much more than you in the past, especially back before I took my leave.  You have many more responsibilities than I do at this point in my life, so any absences you have are completely understood.  And I honestly do believe you deserve your rematch, you have been a solid contender and a leader in this fed since last summer.  But I had to bring up recent events so that Stubby can put everything in perspective as far as the way he treats me.

And after a brisk afternoon walk, I owe everyone on the boards an apology.  Mark, King, Thugg... even Stubby (though it breaks my heart to admit it).  I was being an asshole, but again, I think I needed to be.  After I was disrespected this summer by another controversial situation, I always jump in when I feel someone is being ganged up on or reamed unjustly.  I don't apologize for anything I've said, but for the way that I went about saying it, I am sincerely sorry.

Ah, SH*T, why does every board controversy have to involve me in some way???!!!!!  I really am a nice person, I swear!!!!!!!

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Uh, I'm gonna do something radical, and actually comment on the show, which I just finished reading.  Hopefully this post won't get lost, and maybe it'll even start a trend.

First of all, we've got three damn solid matches set up for the PPV, which is pretty cool so far.  The main event is obviously on fire--X's match did a good job of getting that going, and Stevens built even more heat, and the promos I'll get to later--and I think Sacred and I have got something good going, if you've been following along (and I might even drop a board promo between then and now, wowza!), and I definitely like the aggressive turn Pete has taken.  Pete/Sarah has some sweet JL history, and recapturing some of that magic should not be too hard at all.  I await with baited breath the first WF Miami Mayhem match...

Other stuff I predict: before Spider vanished, it seemed like Spider/Saviour was going somewhere.  JD versus one of the new bumps seems like a big possibility, and could we see Fallout/ELM part a million?  If we do, it'll probably be the best match of the night...again.  Heh.  Though I honestly think Fallout should be pulling a #1 contender's match for all his efforts in holding down a belt for 5 months, but that's just me...

The X/HVT promos were crazy, and used a lot of interesting history.  That I dig.  Only thing is that I've kinda lost track of all that's happened over the past couple weeks.  Thugg is responsible for the near-death of X, a brutal shitkicking of his sister, and perhaps the assassination of JFK.  Good airport finish, though I kind of wanted the lighter touch of X perhaps getting screened with the wand so Thugg had some more time to yell profanities.  You guys are brutal, man.  Heh.  Here's hoping to some PPV justice, though something smells sad if the stip sticks.  It feels like this is being set up for a Thugg title job to X, because Thugg wouldn't put his career on the line for some other reason.  I really hope that the stip gets blown off somehow on the PPV, because this feud has been long enough, I think, that a pure storyline finish would be kind of a letdown.  If X or Stevens win that belt, let it be for real!  Too much has gone into this one for it just to end with a fizzle.

On to more stuff: Hell yeah hardcore special bat!  As soon as Stevens said "Thanks, Prof!" I knew it was coming, but I still marked for it.  Judicious use of brutality, and the infamous Thugg-gets-his-head-whomped-on-a-chair, which I think is really the only conceiveable way to kill the bastard.  Another rockin' match from the Slaminator.  Was a big fan of how the two sort of flowed together, too, though I wish I had known so I didn't look a tool in my match.  I don't think I talked about it too much, thankfully...

Hope you guys liked my Fallout match--if you read it, that is.  Some of it's a tad rushed, but it's got some Sacred, it's got some me, and it's got some Edwin-evolution.  Only a bit of character, but I've been thinking of boning up on intensity in some aspects so the character can be seen as a viable threat.  If taking every advantage he can get is how Edwin'll get that extra bump, then so be it.  Got some interesting ideas where I can go with all this...and, oh, continuing the long fine tradition of faces hitting things, Sacred whomps me onto my own belt!  The audacity of that Aussie!

So, all this controversy and debate and what-have-you aside, read the bloody show, people.  Thar be quality segments on there.

Guest Xstasy

NO Edwin!  You're supposed to flame you moron!!!  Your mother smells like tar and gasoline!!!!  Come on, join the fun, the water's warm!  All the cool kids are doing it!!!!

Good play by play, bro.  And I have to agree with your assessment.  And don't worry about that pesky stip.  There will be no storyline finish in this one.  May the best man, or in this case, the best match, win!!

Guest Suicide King

Ahem...

I've tried to be nice.  I've said things civilly and tried to keep everyone's feelings in consideration.  I've mentioned my respect for Thugg and X over and over and over.

Next person to respond to a disagreement that I have with them with yet another personal attack will get reamed like no one in the history of electronic communication.

If fuck everyone but myself and my friends is the order of the day, by all means, let's do it.

Guest Suicide King

Holy Crap.

Stubby is the Voice of Reason.

The end is nigh.

Guest Xstasy

Now King....come on.  There was nothing controversial in either of those posts...except maybe claiming Stubby as the voice of reason.  

That's no way to keep a flame war going...how about...

Scoop slam!

Da "again, posting under X's name because he's lazy as sin" H

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

King, you and your uh, Ohio, suck.  Yeah, take it central time zone!  (And no matter what you say, I swear you're an hour behind me.  I don't believe this whole 'Ohio's not in central time' crap.)

UNLOAD ON ME LIKE A KUNG FU PRIEST ONTO A HORDE OF ZOMBIES!  

And, X, oh X.  You're x-ceptionally x-stupid!  You x-suck!  In fact, you're an x-loser!  This is x-actly what I'm talking about!  I'm going to x-cise your x-brain from your head, because--oh, x-wait, I won't, because that would be an x-waste of my x-time!

Come on, who wants some of the most lukewarm whackassity flame-o-rama!  Yeah!  Come get some!  You want some too?  You mother--awuuuuuuuuugh!

::Edwin is pulled under the floorboards, much like Bill Paxton in Aliens, that classic of the science fiction genre::

Guest Shawn

Damn...

Out of all the people in this fed, I never expected you four to be doing this. Just calm down for now and some bakc later when things are cooled. Some points are really valid and others are just in the heat of the flaming.

To be up at the top of the WF is a dream for all the JL mid-carders like myself. A lot of the JLers look up to you guys... Well, I won't speak for them but I know I sure as he|| did... and still do.

To be professional, we're trying to attract newcomers and I'm sure this kind of thing doesn't look good but you might as well get this crap off your chest.

I'm no one to be telling you guys anything, being as you all could kick my e-fed match-writing ass but I'm just asking you. Chill out for now and come back to this later when you're all cooled down.

Again, there are some vaid points here that should be addressed. It's just sad how they are brought out in this way.

Lastly before I head off to finish my match, this no-showing crap is pathetic. If you can't write, that's one thing... just tell somebody but if you can, there's no escuse. I don't know about you guys but I'm damn happy to see myself on the card Wed/Sat and I'll write for the show, baring any special things and I will try and make sure and let everyone know who's effected.

You don't want to write, ask not to be booked ahead of time so that the bookers don't have the stress of dealing with it at the last minute.

I don't know about you but when I joined this place, I came to write and that's what I plan on doing and I hope I'm not the only one.

As many times as it has been said before, these no-shows have to stop. I guess that's one point where the JL has the WF... it makes me happy to be a Leaguer.

-Shawn Brody of the JL

</rambling>

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

One thing I've noticed is that, very often, people who never no-showed in the JL/ML no-show a lot more when they got up top.  I did myself--9 matches in the ML, wrote every one of them.  I guess once we've all gone and proven ourselves, we sorta slack a bit.  In my personal experience, it's come mostly from just not being interested in writing for whatever reason.  Generally I've managed to get around it (when I have) by changing something up.  A lot of people go for a heel or face turn to just write something different, or join a different stable, or start a different feud, or write a different way.

My point?  Don't know if there is one--just do whatever you need to.  This has been my ramble of the eve.

Guest Shawn

Man, my post would have sounded good if it wasn't so late. Next time you guys flame, wait up for me so I can look all serious too... </killinghiscredibility>

Soemtimes I don't feel like it and wonder why I'm writing a 6500 word match but I keep things fresh in my matches with storyline. My feud with MVS would've gotten old fast if I didn't add in factors like the TV title, Kojack, Flesher, Melissa and the Stairway. Little things like that make me want to write and keeps things interesting so people will read the matches and promos... hopefully.

And no Thugg, I think you smell! Oohhh! Wait... don't you mark my matches? Krrrraaaaappp!

Also, didn't you have to talk to me about something over PMs the other day?

-Brody

Losers... all losers...

Guest Shawn

Funny how you all can write long-ass posts but not a match... WF are slackers!! (Psst... just kidding, no flaming Brody)

Okay, I think I had better go before um... yeah. Back to JL land...

Guest AnnieEclectic

You know, I join the JL, and theres all these disparaging remarks about no showing, how newbies aren't coming in and actually writing, and nice superficial chaos. Then it all stabilized.

Now I'm in the WF, and all this shit happens.

Thanks for welcoming me in with warm arms, I feel like I'm home again :D

-Annie

EDIT: Lady_Red Death Knells Edwin. Why? Because he's not my boss anymore! WOOOOO!

heeheehee, I love you Edwin ;)

Guest Chaos

Every intelligent comment has been said, so I won't toss out witty suggestions on how to fix things.  Nor shall I pick a side and say they're right.  I'll just say this......

I dunno about you guys, but this whole thread has me hella interested in the PPV main event.

*smells a X/HVT/Stevens conspiracy*

???

It's all a work!!@  Cheap heat!!

(Almost forgot, I liked the stuff that WAS on Smarkdown)

Guest chirs3

For a short show, I thought it kicked a huge heap of ass.

Match of the night goes to Edwin/Fallout, with Mark/Thugg showing a strong second... JD was in the other one, how good could it have been?

Promo of the night unquestionably goes to the show closing X/Thugg collaboration, which I will sum up with the following:

WOW!

I'm damn sure ordering the PPV.