TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Feedback on the TSM Rules

Guest jm29195

Sounds like a fair set of rules- it should at least cut down on the ammount of useless tripe tha gets passed around on these forums by all those new peopl who've showed up recently, btw how many have been banned since yesterday, maybe they've all gone now?

Guest JHawk

Pretty much everything sounds fair to me, although the "no second chance" thing makes me cringe a bit. I can't explain why, but I saw that and went "uh oh..."

And that's from someone who probably is in no danger of being banned anytime soon.

Guest goodhelmet

i think it is just Jhawk using his 34 different alter-egos.

as for the rules, maybe you should post them in other folders as well. just to get the point across that they will be enforced.

Guest Kingpk

The "no second chance" rule's been pretty much an unofficial rule for a while anyway, so I don't think there's a problem there.

Guest jm29195

Oh well I suppose those that don't read the rules will realise soon enough and correct themselves when they get told off.....

Guest Cancer Marney

This was much ado about nothing, apparently. Apart from #3, I don't see anything significant that wasn't already a rule, official, quasi-official, or unofficial. And given that something like 90% of the board's population would be banned if #3 were implemented in any consistent manner, it's a non-issue too.

eh. I'd almost have preferred a Stalinesque crackdown.

Guest papacita

Man I had this cool ass Gorilla Monsoon gimmick I was gonna do. :(

Rules sound good to me. I'm glad you made a ruling about sig sizes, because the screen shifting has been bugging the hell outta me lately.

Guest jm29195

Sorry but what's the problem with wanting all the idiots to go away? Those who don't have anything constructive to offer to the board should just bugger off, I mena what's wrong with that opinion?

Guest Sandman9000

One issue that has been brought up before and was not mentioned in the official rules was post count celebrations. Since nothing was said, I'm guessing that such celebrations are ok, though maybe just in NHB?

I know their useless in the long run, but it gives me a chance to gross people out.

Guest MaxPower27

Darn, there go my rule breaking ways.

Looks good, I follow the rules anyway. I can't wait to see more bannings commence.

*offers up bobbarron*

Guest Big Poppa Popick

question

the oaoast will on occasion invite a poster we like to join

would you consider said pm spam? im tempted to say its not because the bulk of our stuff are pms to each other, and its a rarity when we invite people...

Guest JHawk

I'd assume something like that was OK, Popick, provided you asked once and dropped it after that.

Judgment call from Dames though.

Guest MaxPower27

I've been offered to join the OAOAOAOAAOOAOAOAOAOAOST and simply turn it down. I think that as long as it's site-related, I think it's cool.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Sorry but what's the problem with wanting all the idiots to go away? Those who don't have anything constructive to offer to the board should just bugger off, I mena what's wrong with that opinion?

not everyone agrees on who and who is not an idiot. And i think everyone who has posted here at one time or another has acted like an Idiot...I know I have.

No, that's fine Popick. I wouldn't consider it spam unless it was the ONLY thing you did and went out of your way to do it.

Dames

Guest ElectricRaccoon
Absolutely TASTELESS comments are subject to ban via mod’s discretion regardless of the forum.

I'm uncomfortable with the subjectivity of this one - there should at least, in my opinion, be some kind of warning involved when it comes down to, essentially, where a mod sets the taste 'bar'. But it's all in all a decent policy, and hey, your board, your call. Oh, wait, I mean...you bastard! I call First Amendment on you! And also, that amendment counts for Canadians when the server is located in the US! Down with Dames! And so on!

This is where the emoticon would go, to show that this is all in good fun, but again, I loathe those things.

Guest Marshall

What if someone who is consided a regular (or established *sigh*) breaks one of the rules with an instant ban penalty, wouldn't they be given more of a chance than someone with 100 posts?

EDIT: Also, am I breaking the spaming rule by having a link to ebay in my sig?

Guest Kingpk

Then it's their own fault. I mean, they have been around long enough to figure out what flies and what doesn't here. Besides, most of the rules (except for the "blatant racism" and trolling ones) allow a second chance or the decision is up to the mod (and the mods here don't "abuse" their power, regardless of what one cannabis-loving ex-poster said).

About spam: Links in sigs are fine as far as I'm concerned, it's when someone creates a thread (say in the WWE folder) simply to advertise their board that there is a problem.

Guest RenegadeX28

The rules sound pretty fair....but I also agree.....what would mods and admins consider VERY Tasteless.....

Guest DrTom
what would mods and admins consider VERY Tasteless.....

That's going to vary from person to person, but I imagine Jubuki's asshole remark that got him banned would be a good yardstick. I don't think any of us are easy to offend, and I know we don't go around looking for things to possibly offend us. Something that's a judgment call is almost impossible to quantify.

Guest Cover of Darkness

I think we should make an exception to the "able to speak English rule" for anyone who posts in Esperanto. because if you translate your posts into Esperanto on an internet wrestling message board... you are far too pathetic to ban.