TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sandman9000

What should happen to NHB?

What should happen to the No Holds Barred folder?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen to the No Holds Barred folder?

• Keep it the way it is, it's fine.
    • Rename the folder to something else, and remove the flaming purpose.
    • Delete the folder, it's useless.
    • Other (explain)

Guest HungryJack

I'm pretty sure you could implant a steel rod in there, and it'd still be limp.

GLAYVEN.

Guest The Flying Dutchman

BOOOO.

Old lame jokes suck. Get new material, that you HAVEN'T ripped off from WDI.

Guest Kingpk

Uh.......

Dave is old?

Guest caboose

I'm all for it the way it is. Watching Banky, AS and the likes go on random ego trips is entertaining to me.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

How about setting it so you can't post in NHB unless you have at least a certain number of posts (100 maybe?). Would that be technically feasible? Because it would certainly cut down on the number of gimmick posters, as well as the number of trolls who register and immediately start posting in NHB. It would force people to act normal for at least a decent period of time, and if they troll or spam jsut to build their post count up so they can get in NHB they will be easy to catch.

Guest Anorak

NHB needs to be put out of its misery. A wasteland of posters trying too hard to be funny and failing miserably, LIKE, TOTALLY WACKY!! gimmick posters, invisible strangers arguing/insulting each other over absolutely nothing, attracting and encouraging worthless post whoring and boring trolls by the dozen and bringing the whole reputation of an otherwise good forum down with it. If all that is fine with you then vote for NHB to stay! A vote for complete and utter drivel.

I'm voting to get rid btw. My post wasn't some weak attempt at a NHB type of WACKY irony. Not that 95% of them would even get that by default anyhow.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Here's the problem as I see it.

Most of the complaints about what's wrong with the NHB folder (people trying to be funny who aren't, pointless threads, stupid feuds, annoying gimmicks and trolls) are the kinds of things the complainers can easily avoid by not entering the folder.

Now...if the folder is deleted...these threads don't go away...they just fill the general chat and WWE folders until someone deletes them...making them unavoidable until then.

I agree with Bps on this.

However, I do like HMW's point. I'm not exactly sure if that is possible, but I will have to look into it.

Dames

Guest Kotzenjunge

Since this a thread the moderators are all over, can someone change my name back now? I was tripped out when I thought I was banned after "Kotzenjunge" was rejected from logging in.

Guest Anorak
How about setting it so you can't post in NHB unless you have at least a certain number of posts (100 maybe?). Would that be technically feasible? Because it would certainly cut down on the number of gimmick posters, as well as the number of trolls who register and immediately start posting in NHB. It would force people to act normal for at least a decent period of time, and if they troll or spam jsut to build their post count up so they can get in NHB they will be easy to catch.

A high percentage of the gimmick poster fad are the 'brainchilds' of established posters with thousands of posts to their name so unless you want to make NHB a slightly more exclusive gimmick posters club your point doesn't hold water. Are you saying its okay for people with 100+ post counts to freely indulge in all those bad posting habits you listed? Where's the sense or logic in that? You're either being incredibly dumb or just plain elitist. Why don't we introduce a 'pratice' NHB folder for the newbies so they can earn the right to join the established order of identical crap?

Guest Cancer Marney

What I got out of HMW's suggestion was that the username itself would have to have 100+ posts before posting in NHB. That would certainly cut down on random trolls, and gimmick posters would have to post genuinely amusing things that wouldn't get them banned elsewhere before stirring the endlessly roiling shitfest that is NHB.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling
What I got out of HMW's suggestion was that the username itself would have to have 100+ posts before posting in NHB. That would certainly cut down on random trolls, and gimmick posters would have to post genuinely amusing things that wouldn't get them banned elsewhere before stirring the endlessly roiling shitfest that is NHB.

That's exactly what I meant.

Any new username needs to accumulate some number of posts (I randomly picked 100 since it seemed acceptable) before they can post in NHB. This accomplishes two things:

1. Forces people to post with their gimmick posters elsewhere, and actually have something intelligent to say before they troll NHB looking for cheap heat. This stops nonsense like people making "Holden McNeil" gimmick posters because "Banky" is the main topic of conversation in NHB, just because they think the name will immediately "get them over".

2. (the main thing). Stops trolls from making a new user account (Hosslover or whatnot) and immediately begin posting inflammatory comments in NHB. Whenever I see someone make their very first post some flame in NHB, I know their banning is an inevitability.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

hey why not make some local mods for NHB to help deal with some of the flotsom and jetsom.