TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sandman9000

What should happen to NHB?

What should happen to the No Holds Barred folder?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen to the No Holds Barred folder?

• Keep it the way it is, it's fine.
    • Rename the folder to something else, and remove the flaming purpose.
    • Delete the folder, it's useless.
    • Other (explain)

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Ooo! Age old grudges being rehashed for no reason! Maybe NHB isn't so useless after all.

Guest Cancer Marney

Chrissakes. I don't know why so many people seem to have a problem with BPS; I've never seen him do anything to merit it. And if he did do something to merit it thirty fucking years ago, grow up and get over it. Just leave it alone.

...or, ironically enough, you could take it to NHB.

Guest SP-1

Agreed. Despite overall disagreements, BPS is one of the more well rounded posters and no-nonsense moderators of the forums. This thread is neither about him, or some stupid disagreement. Take it to NHB.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

*re-reads thread...sees where BPS started this whole thing*

Take it to NHB? I also think that'd be PERFECT advice for your no-nonsense, well-rounded moderator. Old grudge or not, I'm not the one who has it. If you recall, I didn't attempt to bait BPS, rather it was the other way around. If I said I had a problem with BPS it wasn't until AFTER he stuck his nose in here and made comments about me.

Just leave it alone? I did that thirty fucking years ago...chrissakes. I mean, are you people blind or what? Or am I the only person who didn't see the point of BPS' "the CJ way" comments? But again, I should expect such from the "home" of Bankywood Industries.

Edited by Crucifixio Jones

Guest Crucifixio Jones

You know, I just wanted to add (and maybe this outta place and extending this much more than it needs to go) that a moderator's job should be to "moderate" and step in where need be to quell the flame baiters and assholes, not BE ONE OF THEM.

While mods may not concern 99.9% of the posters out here in the world, being a mod is of great concern to BPS, which is why he actively lobbies, petitions, requests, whines and nags admins until he becomes one. (i.e. WDI) Personally, I think that should be the red flag to NOT make someone a mod. If someone volunteers for such duties, 9 times outta 10 it's not because they have the best interests of the board in mind.

That's why I said only a select few even care: those who are mods and requested the position they are in or the ones who aren't mods but are currently aspiring to that ultimately meaningless title.

BPS asked eariler if he had weilded his power in an evil way. The fact that you think you even HAVE power makes me larf. At least here you are a mod, bps, that way we don't have to deal with your endless bitching and kvetching about NOT being one (which may have been the whole purpose) because seeing your sorry quests to get modded at other places said a lot about where your priorities lie.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

"While mods may not concern 99.9% of the posters out here in the world, being a mod is of great concern to BPS, which is why he actively lobbies, petitions, requests, whines and nags admins until he becomes one. (i.e. WDI) Personally, I think that should be the red flag to NOT make someone a mod. If someone volunteers for such duties, 9 times outta 10 it's not because they have the best interests of the board in mind."

Never asked to be a mod here. They elected me. If you would like to cite any examples of when I put my own interests above the boards...we'd all love to see them.

"BPS asked eariler if he had weilded his power in an evil way. The fact that you think you even HAVE power makes me larf. At least here you are a mod, bps, that way we don't have to deal with your endless bitching and kvetching about NOT being one (which may have been the whole purpose) because seeing your sorry quests to get modded at other places said a lot about where your priorities lie"

Perhaps you've heard of the word sarcasm. Since EVERY post you make about me has to include my position as moderator it's obvious that you have some sick fascination with the fact that I am a mod. This is the same conversation we had a few months ago when you couldn't reply to me without saying "mod this" and "mod that". I am not the one who is so transfixed with the mod spot. Hence...I don't bring it up in every post I make...like someone else does. Asking you if I wield this mythical power on the dark side of the force is tongue in cheek way of pointing out the absurdity of labeling me an asshole.

Guest Vitamin X

Personally, I don't give a fuck about NHB. Let it be. Obviously the discussion that is occuring above this very post ironicalyl needs to go there, since there is a grudge that needs to be settled. Or even better, work it out on your own through AIM/Yahoo/MSN or if you have none of those, PMs.

Also, I'd like to state that I've never really noticed bps wielding the mod thing around, and to me the mods we have here are perfect. None of them seem to abuse the power, and Dames keeps everything in check.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

You're an ass whether you're a mod or not. I never said you did anything HERE to warrant that label and I never said you asked to become a mod HERE.

But we all know where you did both of those things and that is what I was referring to. I only bring it up because I know it bothers you, which is exactly why you feel the need to respond each time I bring it up.

As far as HERE is concerned, the mods, like many of the posters are virtually invisible to me. I haven't had to bump heads with any therefore they generally go unnoticed.

And if you noticed BPS, I don't mention YOU until you mention ME. I don't know what your beef is, but you'd better cook it up and eat it because frankly I'm sick of hearing about it.

Carry on with the topic at hand.

Guest B-X

If I remember correctly, you had a line in your sig for roughly 20 years that said something like, "Wade the Duck says I should be a mod". This was at both WDI and TSM.

Guest mach7

Man, the build up to all these feuds is so great, it'd be a neat lil PPV...

Main Event...

bps "The Truth" 21 versus Crucifixio Jones ...HELL IN A CELL!

Undercard...

Johnson1620 & Eagan469 versus BANKYWOOD & Tiffani Malibu ..with special ringside enforcer DrTom!

The Dames versus ...his conscience!

SpiderPoet versus IDRM in a special "greased up AM The Kid on a pole" match... for the sheer enjoyment of The Flying Dutchman!

Cancer Marney versus Mole!

Special Attractions...

My Eyebrow Is On Fire versus tank_abbott in a match where no one cares about the outcome, as long as they kill eachother in the process!

Hulkamania Fan versus A fourth grade spelling and grammar teacher!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

First of all, I still don't get why I am an asshole.

If it's because of something that happened over a year ago on another board than you are truly pathetic.

Secondly, I never used that sig off of the ezboard so you couldn't have seen it here, B-X. In fact, that sig is still attached to my ezboard account so I imagine it's everywhere I post on ezboard.

The only people that ever seem to have a problem with me are the WDI people. That's great. But I don't come to your board carrying grudges from a year ago...but on more than one occasion there have been people who bring shit over here.

Yes I begged to be a mod over at WDI...and you know what? I did a damn good job of it. The reason some WDI posters are pissed at me isn't because of the way I modded it was because of the way I quit and left after the double standard of unbanning Banky arose. If any of those people would like to point to a banning (oh wait...mods couldn't ban so it couldn't be that) or OMG! thread movement that pissed them off so much I'd love to take a trip down memory lane.

So sticking to my principals and never returning to cause trouble at that board somehow makes me an asshole.

Yes I had a problem with you over there CJ, and that problem was that you went around and treated people like absolute shit. You'd go into any folder and flame people (mainly women in a manner that we've already seen that Dames will ban people for here even in NHB).

Quite frankly I don't like you here because you are the kind of poster that I feel is detrimental to the board. Look at the way you react whenever someone discusses hip-hop. You have the same holier than thou attitude that we've been shipping off this board for the last few weeks.

I don't think there is a reason to get rid of No Holds Barred. It seems that if that folder didn't exist, all of the nonsense that goes on in there would just seep into other folders. Those who avoid No Holds Barred avoid it for a reason, and surely wouldn't want the same type of behavior that occurs in there happening in any of the other forums.

I would vote to leave it as is.

-Tiff

Guest Crucifixio Jones

So it all comes out in the wash...see? It's not me who has a problem with BPS. He has the problem. HE should take it to NHB or wherever the fuck.

Yes I had a problem with you over there CJ, and that problem was that you went around and treated people like absolute shit. You'd go into any folder and flame people (mainly women in a manner that we've already seen that Dames will ban people for here even in NHB).

Quite frankly I don't like you here because you are the kind of poster that I feel is detrimental to the board. Look at the way you react whenever someone discusses hip-hop. You have the same holier than thou attitude that we've been shipping off this board for the last few weeks.

First of all, I barely even post at this board (400+ posts vs your 12,000+). Someone who barely even participates can't be a threat to your "community." Hip-hop comes up even less frequently at this board than I visit it. I hardly EVER venture into the music folder. The only time I can recall even discussing anything even hip-hop related was in the WWE folder about Fabolous' non-appearance at Mania and in the Video Games Folder about Def Jam Vendetta. In both cases, it was YOU who took my comments to mean more than what they were intended and saw them as "holier than thou." That's on YOU. I have a right to my opinion and the right to post/express it just like anyone else here. I didn't flame anyone or say anything out of bounds while I did it. It's funny how you consider my almost non-presence detrimental somehow but the Anglesaults and Banky's of the world are, I guess, valuable additions. TSM = Bizzaro World, I swear.

As far as my exploits at WDI, I think you got some second-hand information. Either that or your memory is hazy. To say that I flamed mainly women when there were hardly any there is pretty funny. I can only think of ONE in particular and she was my friend. The other was flamed mercilessly by someone SAYING they were me. Either way, I don't feel like explaining/going over the past. I'm not the one who needs to get over something that happened over a year ago...it's YOU that has to and you who is pathetic.

There is a thread in NHB right now concerning Eagan and Banky. Basically, if you replace Eagan's name with BPS' and Banky's name with my own, you have our WDI situation all summed up. THAT is pathetic.

Edited by Crucifixio Jones

Guest MrRant

30 days until all the infighting and bitching etc causes this board to become radically different from what it was and is.......

Guest Crucifixio Jones

Hey, I'm just one guy talking.

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

One guy who was a mod at WDI AND here and didn't have to ask.

Sorry for any inconvenience. But I figure if the board is already on its way down the shitter and BPS wants to create problems, I have absolutely no qualms with helping out in both or either of those areas.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

For someone who doesn't care you sure make a lot of posts on this topic.

Guest Mattdotcom
Hulkamania Fan versus A fourth grade spelling and grammar teacher!

Squash matches don't belong on PPVs, but NHB belongs on TSM as long as its not used for petty whining. It's dropped in quality, let's put it that way.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

some of you must not remember the dying days of the EZboard when there was no NHB. It was chaos. Trolls Everywhere, amost no real intelligent conversations took place without the Xkillers,and HappyHunterHairballs,etc. entruding.

it'll happen again if we delete NHB.

Guest Bruiser Chong

I voted to get rid of them for all the reasons already mentioned. There's nothing of note added in them and it's essentially useless when you have a folder already dedicated to just shooting the shit (GC). People bitch that there will be nowhere for people to go to work out their differences. I say fuck that mess; if you're too immature to hold a conversation about something without taking personal shots at someone, then you don't belong on the board. Yeah, that's what message boards are all about--talking shit to complete strangers in the comfort of your own home, safely in front of a computer monitor.

If two posters dislike each other, there's always going to be bad blood between the two, regardless of which folder it is. Just give them a couple warnings and if they keep it up, ban 'em. What the hell do we have PM's and all the instant messanger programs for? Shit, use one of those many features and work things out there instead of clogging up the board and airing your dirty laundry in front of everyone.

Who cares if NHB is the supposed safe haven for trolls? Get rid of the folder and if they troll elsewhere, ban 'em. Is it that hard to do? Yeah they'll get another screen name, but I don't think it's that hard to ban someone repeatedly. Sooner or later, they give up. Trolls will be around whether the folder's here or not, keeping it just encourages it. Might as well take away their only sanctuary and just keep an eye out on them. Lord knows it'd be easier than seeing all of this garbage go down and having your hands tied.

Guest Vern Gagne

Is their talk about getting rid of the NHB folder in the near future? I honestly never read anything about until this thread.

Guest Mattdotcom

Vern, I don't think the talks have been serious, especially by Dames and the gang(unless I missed something). Just a few people don't think it serves a purspose anymore.

Guest Midnight Express83

keep it, but why not the users ignore the trolls and not let petty shit get to you.

I think alot of people who post on this board are idiots. I just don't reply, keep my mouth shut, let no drama develop, and ignore the bullshit. It seems to work as you don't see me in petty flame wars over shit. If people hate NHB so much, don't go in it. If people what trolls so much, don't reply to them. If people hate flaming so much, don't read those threads. The only reason I could see deleteing the flaming folder is if the site needed to save bandwith and with all those large threads in there(two mission threads, ect. ect.), deleting it will save up some space.

Here is the best way to make the rules for that folder:

1: all rules except flaming ones are still banable.

2: warn users for replying to trolls to try to prevent them from getting attention. IE: the whole Brain bullshit.

3: If users keep it up, ban them. They are part of the problem.

4: Ban people who do gimmick posting. Except the good ones.

Guest The Amazing Rando
4: Ban people who do gimmick posting. Except the good ones.

So then flame wars would develop over who has a good gimmick and who has a bad one.

Let gimmick posters be. Most of the gimmicking goes on in NHB anyway...let it stay there and if they use it outside the NHB folder in the form of trolling and flame baiting, then they should get in trouble.

i.e. Metal Ed would never get in trouble...for he never flame baited or trolled...

Others surely would.

Guest The Flying Dutchman
SpiderPoet versus IDRM in a special "greased up AM The Kid on a pole" match... for the sheer enjoyment of The Flying Dutchman!

YES~! YES~! YES~! YES~! YES~! YES~! YES~! YES~!