TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sandman9000

What should happen to NHB?

What should happen to the No Holds Barred folder?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen to the No Holds Barred folder?

• Keep it the way it is, it's fine.
    • Rename the folder to something else, and remove the flaming purpose.
    • Delete the folder, it's useless.
    • Other (explain)

Guest Sandman9000

Well, since we settled the issue of post counts through a poll and a thread, might as well do it here.

Personally, I'm all for getting rid of the NHB folder. As others have said, it's lost it purpose. What once was a place to keep all of the flaming and bitching in one area has just become another social area for people to hang out and avoid the rules. You can say who is a troll and who isn't, but the purpose of the thread was to keep the rampant negativity in one place, and it isn't doing that anymore.

I think the folder has outlived it's purposes, and seeing how we already have a general discussion folder, we might as well dump NHB.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Personally, I think you should be able to do almost anything, but Dames obviously doesn't agree. In a perfect, the only things you couldn't do would be break the forums, discuss anything illegal ("buy drugs at..."), or give away people's private info.

NHB has breeded it's own community as all forums do, it's just that the regulars are pretty snarky and/or stupid. I'd at least continue to insist all wrestling and non-wrestling flaming go on in there, but drop it out of the Wrestling category and stick it with General Chat and the like.

Guest Memphis

I'm with Sandman. I don't see the point or need for a flaming folder. For starters, eliminating the folder will cause a good 20 or so fuckwitted posters to be banned because they will take their shit where it is not accepted. Secondly, while the folder WAS cool for making funny observations of other posters, usually in good humour and resonable taste, it has now degenerated into a forum boasting racisim, sexisim and is breeding more and more fuckhead posters.

Get rid of it.

M

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

I like the NHB being there because it's basically another General Chat, which is the folder I like the most, and twice the folders means twice the discussion.

NHb tends to eb and flow, maybe it sucks now, but it'll probably be enjoyable again.

Maybe get rid of it but bring it back eventually.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Don't fuck with it. As a matter of fact, I'd like to actually be NO holds barred. If someone feels the need to spout off some ignorant crap, or god forbid, call someone a cunt, they'll get taken to task by whoever gets offended.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Keep it, and tell people to grow a thicker skin.

Personally, I don't want to see racist stuff in there. Sexist stuff I'm OK with to a degree, but if Dames thinks it's getting out of hand, he can step in & say something.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Keep it and ban those who are too sensitive out of there. Or leave it as is and rename it "The Crying Room" because that is what it has become.

Guest DrTom

Keep it as it is, sez I. People should grow thicker skins for legit flaming that takes place in there, though things which are still beyond the pale need to be kept out.

Guest Kingpk

Nah, keep it around, but do two things:

1) Post the forum rules in there, too, just to reiterate what doesn't fly

2) Move it down into the "Forums Stuff" category

Guest MillenniumMan831
Nah, keep it around, but do two things:

1) Post the forum rules in there, too, just to reiterate what doesn't fly

2) Move it down into the "Forums Stuff" category

What he said, just move into Forums Stuff.

Guest Retro Rob

If you don't post in it (like me), what difference does it make whether it's there or not?

Delete it, keep it... I don't care

Guest kingkamala

Delete it, I liked the idea of the Rant folder given by Downhome. Insulting people in front of a bunch of people that are almost strangers to you is pathetic. I usually tend to avoid NHB anyways cause I'm not really thick skinned as some other people on this board.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

I don't think it's about how thick or thin your skin is.

As someone who isn't easily offended and doesn't post there I just don't see its use. I didn't see what the big hubbub was when SK deleted the Flaming Folder at the old Smarks EZ Board. It had turned into a cesspool of stupidity and took up needless space, where people were either postwhoring or starting other similarly needless threads that the board would've been much better off without.

A place specifically designed to throw pointless insults at complete strangers defeats the whole purpose of having a place where somewhat intelligent discussion, discourse and debate is supposed to occur. I honestly don't understand why someone would want to create a safehaven for the posters we wouldn't want invading most other folders.

Guest SP-1

Wow.

So a jackass gets banned after being warned and after new rules are in effect, and the last strike happened to be word that not all find offensive, and suddenly everybody is crying like a bunch of toddlers that we need to lose the NHB folder.

Leave the damn thing as it is, post the new rules in there because something SHOULD be off limits no matter where you are in the forum, stop doubting yourself, Dames, and move it down by General Chat. If you don't like it, don't go in. If you can't handle the flaming, don't go in. If you don't see the need for it, don't go in and let the people that like posting in there post in relative peace.

There. Yay. Simple as that.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

there is NO WAY that NHB should be deleted. it serves a purpose of getting all the junk out of the other forums.

LEAVE IT BE.

Guest The Mysterious One
I'm with Sandman. I don't see the point or need for a flaming folder. For starters, eliminating the folder will cause a good 20 or so fuckwitted posters to be banned because they will take their shit where it is not accepted. Secondly, while the folder WAS cool for making funny observations of other posters, usually in good humour and resonable taste, it has now degenerated into a forum boasting racisim, sexisim and is breeding more and more fuckhead posters.

Get rid of it.

M

Then Ban the fuckheads and stop whining about. No Holds Barred is as much a part of a forum as is General Chat or the Music Folder. It's provided some of the funniest threads ever and been home/playhouse to many legendary posters. Just because there's a few trolls doesn't mean anything. PM a Mod or Dames, let them deal with it.

We all are guilty of breeding the trolls because we RESPOND to them. Leave them alone,let them get their jollies and wait for them to banned...it won't take long.

NHB has more posts than alot of other folders and that's what the game is all about.

Love it or leave it.

Guest Kingpk

Aye. If you remember I made a similar post calling for NHB to be closed when Smarkszone and Alina went wild. Now I've learned that people act like they do in there because it gives them attention. Just suck it up and don't give it to em'.

Guest bob_barron

Also-

Don't close threads in No Holds Barred.

I mean- IT'S NO HOLDS BARRED. Let threads run wild.

I think mods should stay out of NHB and just let it be

Guest Crucifixio Jones
It's provided some of the funniest threads ever and been home/playhouse to many legendary posters.

I wanna see some proof of BOTH of these statements. There is rarely any REAL humor in a flaming folder (sure sometimes it's funny but for all the wrong reasons) and "legends" don't play that game. They make their names by actually posting something of worth.

The problem with TSM is that it gives legendary status to trolls and flame baiters and hold them up on a pedastal to be idolized and adored. "Oh, ____ is so cool!" Whatever. I don't really care whether it stays or goes. Let the 11-16 year old demographic run the asylum how they see fit. See how it turns out..

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Yes.

Because if we don't adopt the CJ way right away the future of this INTERNET MESSSAGE BOARD will become so dire that it will throw the entire world into chaos.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

Or you could just talk about the subject at hand and not make personal attacks. That's just my stance, I mean, after all I'm not a "mod" or nothing.

I got much luv fo ya, critter.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

There it is.

Takes less than 30 seconds for CJ to respond to someone with the flashy blue title as not a person but a position.

You want a reaction?

It's a messageboard. Watching people make a big case out of a folder in said message board that every single poster has to make a decision to enter in the first place is ridiculous.

It will lose this vote...many of the people who vote to delete it either never click on to the folder or are pretty hypocritical in their use of and request for deletion of the folder.

Most of the threads that are started in NHB won't go away just because the folder does...they'll just clutter General Chat. Which was the reason we put the fucking folder up in the first place.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

Why direct these comments toward me? I already said I don't go in there and don't post in there so it really makes no difference to me...I was just adding my two cents as to why I believe why such things shouldn't exist in the first place.

It was YOU who came at me, still harboring some deep-seeded internet grudge from God only knows when or where, when I must've done something to "wrong" you. If I say I am sorry will you stop hounding me? I'm sorry. Feel better? Want a hug?

There it is.

Takes less than 30 seconds for CJ to respond to someone with the flashy blue title as not a person but a position.

I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean or accomplish. Was I NOT supposed to reply to you after you replied to my post? I mean, you don't hear ME complaining about you taking less than 20 minutes to reply to my initial post...

The problem with TSM is that it gives legendary status to trolls and flame baiters and hold them up on a pedastal to be idolized and adored. "Oh, ____ is so cool!" Whatever.

I'm so stupid. I COMPELTELY forgot to add that sometimes they also make said posters moderators.

The fact that BANKY and ANGLESAULT are two of the most beloved posters at TSM speaks volumes. The fact that BPS is a moderator says just as much. TSM and its NHB deserve one another. Who really cares how it all ends up? Not I.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It's still impossible for you to make a post in reply to me without mentioning my mod status.

Why is that?

Have I weilded my power in an evil way? Why does it bother you so much that the board modded me?

Guest Crucifixio Jones

It doesn't bother me that you're a mod, BPS. I could care less who is a mod and who isn't. The only people who care about mods are the mods themselves and those ignorant enough to aspire to be a mod or think that it somehow makes a difference.

I just find it extremely funny that an asshole like you could even be considered for such an important position. *puffs out chest*

I guess I'd better back off. I've said too much already...

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Actually you haven't said anything as usual.

I can not think of one instance where I, or any other mod has posted about how great it is to be a mod here.

It's cute how you post to put words in the mouths of the person your conversing with...but it has no basis in fact.

Why am I an asshole? Because I kill children and rape nuns? Oh wait...even if I did that you'd have no way of knowing...since this is THE INTERNET.

You consider me an asshole because of posts I make on a messageboard.

Let's all take that in for a minute as you praddle on about how meaningless everything is.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

I didn't put words in anyone's mouth. I never said anyone said it was "great", I said that only a select few CARE about mods or being one. Don't put words into MY mouth. Learn to READ. R-E-A-D.

Again, I think I've wasted enough time with you. Asshole. And the reason I think you're one? The same exact reason why you still hound me and whined like a little bitch with a skinned knee to get me banned elsewhere...because of posts I made on a messageboard. Pot, say hello to Mr. Kettle.

And the word is "prattle."