Guest Michael Joel Benoit

Who Makes The Best Cartoons?

Who Makes The Best Cartoons?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who Makes The Best Cartoons?

• Disney
    • Warner Brothers

Who do you think makes the best cartoons? Disney or Warner Brothers?

Disney has made some great cartoon films in the past with classic movies like "Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs", "Beauty & The Beast", "The Lion King", and "Peter Pan". And Mickey Mouse has become a pop culure icon and a piece of Americana.

Warner Brothers doesn't have the classic animation films that Disney does, but their cartoons are considered the greatest. Bugs Bunny is also a pop culture icon and the Looney Tunes cartoons are still shown today entertaining generation after generation.

I have to go with Warner Brothers. No cartoons could make me laugh as much as Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Vote and tell me what you think.

Warner Bros. I DESPISE Disney. I've never been a fan, with the exceptions of "Fantasia" and "The Jungle Book," but now, they're just pure garbage, and "Treasure Planet" is all the evidence you need.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

There's a big difference between animated shorts and features. In just looking at the shorts, I would say that Disney's have a slick and innovative aire to the, however Warner Brothers were much more funny with an adult attitude and two of the best ever in field under their banner in Chuck Jones and Tex Avery.

Guest bob_barron

Duck Amuck>Anything Disney will EVER do.

I give Pixar credit for the computer animation stuff

Guest razazteca

This days it is not an open and shut case between these 2 as new contenders have entered the market. Nickalodeon, Dreamworks, Fox and others put out decent animated feature films in recent years. And if it was not for Pixar well I think Disney would be in big trouble.

Guest KoR Fungus

Warner Brothers makes the better shorts, and may make the better TV length cartoons (although that one's close, Tiny Toons and Animaniacs were great, but so were Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck and Gargoyles). However, when it comes to movies, Disney wins hands down. I love traditional Disney animated movies (Lion King is one of my favorite movies of all time), along with the new Pixar stuff.

I go with Disney. As great as Bugs Bunny was, it's no match for the entire Disney empire.

Guest KoR Fungus

I don't particularly like the songs either, but in many cases the rest of the movie is so good that they don't hurt too much. I'm definitely glad that they seem to be phasing the songs out, though. I doubt anyone will miss them.

Guest Grand Slam

My answer depends on what you are asking. Disney unquestionably has the better features (I mean Beauty and the Beast v. Space Jam?) but WB's shorts back in the day were just amazing. Much better than the Disney shorts.

Guest Dmann2000

considering the title said cartoons and not animated features...

WB (please Duck Amuk, Duck Dogers in the 24 1/2 Century, What's Opera Doc)

Guest El Satanico

Disney hasn't had a good animated feature since The Lion King. I know Disney is the parent company of Pixar, but I consider them seperate since that's what Disney wants us to do.

Both companies have been shitty in recent years.

Of all time I'd say WB edges out Disney but it's a close contest.

Guest Mole

I don't like Looney Toons at all. Tiny Toons was even worse; I hated watching it when I was a kid.

I associate Pixar with Disney, so Disney wins by far.

Guest Marshall

Neither of them can make a good movie any more. Have you seen the trailer for the new loony toons movie with Brendan Fraser. It's really really really bad! And I read Disney see's it self as a factory turning out product, which makes me sad.

I'm gonna say Pixar and Studio Ghibli.

Guest Mattdotcom

Even without Looney Tunes, Warner still produced Batman: The Animated Series, which is of course my favorite cartoon ever. So guess who I voted for.

Guest ISportsFan

I count feature films as the most important part of this argument, because they are released on DVD/VHS and are what kids watch over and over again when their parents throw in a DVD for the kids to watch. Plus, there's a bigger budget and stuff.

In that case, I voted for Disney because their movies are flat-out better. Warner Bros. obviously has the better shorts - but features are longer and more important than shorts.

Jason

Speaking of the Warner Brothers shorts, I heard a few months back in a TV Guide that the WB is creating brand-NEW Looney Tunes to debut either this winter or in Spring 2004.

The new Looney Tune cartoons will replace movie theater advertisements and will try to capture the spirit of the old Looney Tunes. They are also going to make several Looney Tunes that target the ADULT crowd and will be shown only in Rated R films. The first cartoon will be a Star Wars parody starring Daffy Duck. The first adult cartoon will star TWEETY BIRD and SLYVESTER.

And I LOVED Tiny Tunes when I was little.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Studio Ghibli.

But between Diz and WB, I'd say Diz, Gargoyles and Duck Tales rocked.

Guest CED Ordonez

I see RRR's name and I just knew he would say Studio Ghibli. I don't blame him. I would too.

However between the two companies in question, it's a tough call as several people have already mentioned. Disney has an edge in the feature length films while Warner Bros. has an edge in the shorts department. That leaves episodic TV episodes and that still makes it a tough call for me. Ducktales and Gargoyles in one corner and Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond in the other. Gun to my head, I'll say Warner Bros., but just barely.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Batman didn't have nearly the same amount of Star Trek Voice Actors as Gargoyles did. Which, as we all know, is the utmost important thing in rating cartoons... Xanatos was so badass.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I loved Animaniacs and Tiny Toon adventures..

They own any of Disney's tv series.

Warner Bros. rule over Disney. Better characters, more entertaining, and better light relief.

Guest El Satanico
...but not DuckTales and Gargoyles.

Very true. But how can you forget Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers

fuck Chip N' Dale...that show was awful...i always hated it

Guest NCJ

Gargoyles and Darkwing Duck kicks alot of ass. Xanatos is one of the greatest cartoon villians of all time, and Alladin the animated series is absolutely wonderful. The Pirate that chases the beast is extra cool.

Despite all that I had to go with WB. Batman and Batman Beyound combined with the Justice League and X-Men: Evolution

makes it hard to go against. And just so you know Looney Tunes trumps all.

P.S. Where is the Foghorn Leghorn love the big rooster is king. "I..I..I say Boy!!!"

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm pretty much trumps any action cartoons that Disney has ever made.

WB.

Guest Kid Kablam
Disney hasn't had a good animated feature since The Lion King. I know Disney is the parent company of Pixar, but I consider them seperate since that's what Disney wants us to do.

Both companies have been shitty in recent years.

Of all time I'd say WB edges out Disney but it's a close contest.

Actually, I'd have to disagree with you on that. Lilo and Stitch was a criminally underated movie. Anyway, my vote goes to WB who understood different types of humor. Disney shorts always seemed so..... bland. I freakin hated mickey Mouse, and all the WB characters had personalitis which, in my opinion, the Disney characters lacked (except Donald Duck and goofy).