TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

Adult Swim on DVD

Guest wwF1587

June 06, 2003 - In a move that will delight viewers of Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" programming block, a number of original programs produced for the block are being prepped for DVD release.

In an exclusive interview with IGN FilmForce's Ken Plume, set to run in early July, Cartoon Network executive Mike Lazzo clued us in on some details for the upcoming releases.

First up is Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, one of the first original productions for Cartoon Network.The first set for the series, which has recently returned to the Adult Swim line up, will include the first season-and-a-half of the series as well as tons of extras, including special promotional materials produced with the characters and extra on-air bits, such as a New Year's countdown and a special for the premiere of the Jim Carrey film, The Mask.

The next set due out is the more recent series, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, the first of the new Adult Swim programs to reach a full season of 24 episodes. Soon after, Sealab 2021 will reach the 24-episode mark, making it eligible for DVD release. Other Adult Swim series, such as the recent addition, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, and the returning Space Ghost spin-off, The Brak Show, are expected to follow as soon as they reach the 24-episode mark.

Lazzo also clued us in on some changes for the Adult Swim block, including some new series and hopes for new episodes of old favorites. Keep an eye out for our exclusive interview during the first week of July!

credit IGN.com

HELL YEAH!!!

Guest El Satanico

I hope they start showing the new episodes I've been hearing they've had for awhile.

Hopefully these DVDs have some sort of commentary.

Guest godthedog

commentary=bad idea. they aired one 'space ghost' episode with commentary, and i swear to god it made absolutely no sense at all. it made my head hurt.

and does anyone else think they should do just one big ass set of the most popular titles, instead of one set for each show? a big part of the fun for me is getting the whole span in one night, & i can't imagine it would be hard to combine everything since the shows are only 12 minutes long.

Guest El Satanico
commentary=bad idea. they aired one 'space ghost' episode with commentary, and i swear to god it made absolutely no sense at all. it made my head hurt.

If I remember correctly it was part of the show and not a add on...so it was likely a gimmicky commentary.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Sealab 2021 must live in DVD form. And when it does, we all live better lives.

Guest razazteca

What no Home Movies DVD? It must have more than a season worth of episodes if they combine the UPN and Cartoon Network shows.

I must have the Space Ghost and Brak series on DVD. I think if they went with a best of DVD instead of season format it would sell at a better rate. Its only natural to want to see the shows in a block format. Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Brak, Harvey Birdman, Sealab, Aqua Teen Hunger Force all could be squeeze into one 2 or 3 hour DVD.

There are a few episodes that are must have such as the Space Ghost episode in which he got sued by former cast members from the 60s show, the one with Bjork as his wife, the shows with Randy Savage voice as his father or uncle and the shows with his evil brother.

From Brak Show I would like to see the 3 egg omlette one, the rapping contest one, the giant ants one. From Aqua Teen Hunger Force well the Glen Danzig one of course, the episodes with the aliens using Atari moon technology and the ones with the aliens that look like nachos. Sealab 2021 well has a few good shows but is well crap most of the time. I like the soda one, GRIZZLE BEES~, and the movie one, the make a wish foundation kid con artist, and the credit card one.

All of these could easily fit onto a one or two disc DVD release.

Guest El Satanico

Sealab 2021, Space Ghost CtoC and ATHF are the one's i'd get.

I was never that big on The Brak Show.

Guest razazteca

Harvey Birdman has a funny concept have classic Hanna-Barbara characters go to court. Barney Rubble as the godfather was funny, Scooby Doo going to court on drug charges, and the one about the bands sueing for royalities.

If your a fan of the Space Ghost than you must watch the Brak Show. It may be called the Brak Show but Zorak is the true star of the show along with the countless cast of other characters.

Guest El Satanico

Harvey Birdman isn't bad, but nothing I feel like I must own.

I've watched The Brak Show numerous times. I believe I've seen all of the original episodes. I don't know why, but I just never got into it. There's some good episodes, but I'm indifferent to the show. I guess I feel about it like you feel about Sealab.

Guest razazteca

There is so much I can take of Capt Murphy acting stupid in every episode. Now Alvis Day is funny as hell, but there is a limit of which I can take.

On Brak there is the heel Zorak causing havoc on every show, father only seems to read the paper in the kitchen, Thunderclease wanting to blast everybody, Melvin marking out and stalking Brak. What I like about the Brak Show is the voices, funny voices!

Guest Lethargic
I hope they start showing the new episodes I've been hearing they've had for awhile.

Hopefully these DVDs have some sort of commentary.

They started showing new episodes of Birdman, Brak and Sealab 2 weeks ago.

Guest El Satanico

The new episodes have started? Damnit I've missed most of it the last two weeks. I was thinking that Sealab seemed like a new episode this week.

Guest Star Ocean 3

Releasing TV shows by season has always been the best way. I don't like buying best ofs or compilations.

What happened to Cartoon Planet? Did that turn into Brak Show or something?

Guest razazteca
The new episodes have started? Damnit I've missed most of it the last two weeks. I was thinking that Sealab seemed like a new episode this week.

The one about the flashlights, Capt. Murphy sitting on the generator, and the idiot playing with his lighter? I'm not a fan of that episode.

Guest Lethargic

Don't worry they go back into reruns either next week or the week after and replay all the new ones again.

There is like 2 seasons of Home Movies, but the first seaon is WAY better then the 2nd. Cant wait to get Sealab and Aqua Teen

Hope Mission Hill gets put out on DVD too... Love that show.

I was thinking the same thing. I really liked Misson Hill and it just disappeared. Granted, I am not sure of the current line up other than weeknights because I haven't seen it in a while.

As far as those announced, I will buy Aqua Teen and Brak without second thought. I may get Space Ghost eventually.

Guest El Satanico

Mission Hill isn't an Adult Swim original and there's only a small amount of episodes. So it needs taken out of the line up from time to time in order to not burn us out on it.