TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CanadianChick

Interesting Edge News

Guest CanadianChick

Interesting News On Edge’s Role On Smackdown Creative Team

Posted By Widro on 06.11.03

Has become quite the hero to some talent on Smackdown

Kurt Angle and Edge were both approached during their injury rehab to contribute to the Smackdown creative team. Because of his faster than expected recovery, Angle never contributed, but Edge was part of the staff briefly.

Edge was reportedly very critical of the shows that were being submitted to him for review, and his negativity did not go over well with Stephanie McMahon and the rest of the staff.

As a result, he was told his critiques were too negative and his role with the creative staff was eliminated.

However, word of his stint on the creative team got to the boys in the WWE lockerroom, and since then Edge has become a cult hero of sorts to many of the wrestlers who are also frustrated with the creative team.

-Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

Geez maybe Steph needs to realize that negative might be what they need right now. They say Edge is too negative, Heyman is too negative, Dreamer, etc. Maybe that should be a wake up call to them.

Guest notJames

How many disgruntled wrestlers will it take for Fat Stephie and the (Un)Creative Team to realize how terrible they are at their jobs?

I don't think science has come up with a number that high yet.

Guest Polish_Rifle

9 more months of rehab and Edge can come back to get buried by Steph and rest of the writing team that apparently does not take criticism too lightly.

Guest Jobber of the Week
Good for Edge, but when he comes back watch him not be pushed at all.

Jeff Hardy has taught Vince that delusional teenage girls will buy more merchandise than any wrestling geek ever will. Edge will keep getting pushed, although his Babyface With No Reason Why bit is going to get him eaten alive by MSG when Mania rolls around.

Guest the 1inch punch

um....he wont be back until after Wrestlemania next year, i doubt theyll remember by then.

Do expect the Edgucation do disapearr though

PS., I stll hate the guy

Guest Zero_Cool

1inch beat me to my point which is that if creative can't remember something from three months, how are they going to go, "oh yeah! Fuck Edge!" when he's going to be back by the time the Presidental Debates are in full swing?

Oh yeah! Go Edge Go!

Guest CanadianChick
um....he wont be back until after Wrestlemania next year, i doubt theyll remember by then.

PS., I stll hate the guy

Na, I don't think that they'll get rid of his column. It's not like he says his displeasures there or anything.

Guest Trivia247

suck suck suck...

Steph: HHH why does everyone like Edge instead of me??? My storylines is good aren't they..

HHH mutters incoherantly

Steph shrugs her hair bobs back and forth hehe

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
Good for Edge, but when he comes back watch him not be pushed at all.

Steph: Yeah....Adam, there isn't really a spot for you on Smackdown, so we are moving you over to Raw.

Edge: Ummm....

Steph: But don't worry! You will be put right into a world title program with Hunter!

Edge: You. Fat. Fuck.

Guest CanadianChick
Someone's getting a haircut!

:ph34r:

Please, I'm begging you, don't even joke about that. I would cry if Edge got his hair cut.

Guest Steviekick
Someone's getting a haircut!

:ph34r:

Please, I'm begging you, don't even joke about that. I would cry if Edge got his hair cut.

Edge is on Smackdown, so his hair is safe for now...but if he switches rosters....

Mad props to Edge. Its good to see that someone cares enough about the company to tell it like it is and try to do something about it.

Guest Anglesault

Remember the continuity guy they hired to make sure things made sense and then fired when he started pointing out logic holes?

Guest BifEverchad

Yeah, the same has happened with Dreamer, and Heyman before Edge for telling the truth about the current product.

Didn't the same happen to Russo for that short period he was signed?

Guest Super Pissed Smark

Are wrestling guys incapable of simple learning? Can't they see what happens to others and guess what will happen to them? In case any other unfortunate wrestlers are drafted onto the creative team repeat after me:

"Stephanie, dog shit*, that's a great idea!"

"Vince, necrophilia*, that's pure genius!"

"Stephanie, you look great, have you lost weight?"

"Yeah, Triple-H is right, we need to put him strong over Booker T* to keep his heat for the big money matches with Nash*."

"Wow, Vince, your program with Hogan* is the only thing keeping Smackdown watchable."

"Cut my hair? That's a great idea! I'll get it done right away. I love you guys!"

* Examples only. Insert whatever angles or wrestlers are appropriate.

Guest HartFan86

That is beyond retarded. It's obvious that any critism whatsoever will get over with the McMahons.

We all know who's to blame if the WWE does die.

Guest Lightning Flik
We all know who's to blame if the WWE does die.

At the current pace they are going at, it's not if, it's more or less when.

Guest TheGame2705

Well who knows what he was saying though. He could have made some ludicrous statements that were in effect just negative. I don't think he's the type of guy to do that but we can't be all "Die Steph die"

Guest Polish_Rifle

Edge is always asking for feedback and fan mail for his column…I wonder if he’ll address this issue.

Edge is my new hero, I will probably send him an email right now.

Nah seriously, good on him. If Steph can't take the fact that her writing skills suck big donkey balls, then she should go jump.

Guest the 1inch punch

PS., I stll hate the guy

Na, I don't think that they'll get rid of his column. It's not like he says his displeasures there or anything.

He blathered on about a load of indy guys Vince has no intention of ever hiring

Guest BifEverchad

PS., I stll hate the guy

He blathered on about a load of indy guys Vince has no intention of ever hiring

Like who?

(I've never read one of his commentaries)

Guest the 1inch punch

he talked about the 4way cruiser match in the WWA ppv, and guys like Low-Ki

Guest Nanks

We should all email Edge about this one and get it confirmed by the man himself. If it's true it is just beyond hilarious. Why don't they just buy one of their own bobblehead things so they can have a sounding board for their ideas??

Guest The Tino Standard

Well, I give Edge credit for having brass balls and telling it like it is, but he seems like a pretty smart guy- smart enough to realize that when you say that sort of thing, you're gonna get crucified for it.

You would think that eventually, when one of these guys gets some input into creative, they might find a way to 'play ball' a bit. Not necessarily suck up... just find a more diplomatic way to offer critiques. When you come in with guns blazing, you're gonna piss people off.