SJL Metal Card, June 24th!

Due Date: Tuesday, 7pm EST.

Send To: Longdogger_Pete

Venue: Kansas Coliseum, Wichita, Kansas

OPENING PROMO!

GOdrea. God help us all.

NEW GUYS SINGLES MATCH

Doug Sienkenwicz vs Craig McLennan

They're new guys! They just joined! One's a good guy, the other isn't! Naturally, I don't have much more to say. Fight, you two.

Rules: Standard singles match.

Word Limit: 3000

Send To: WrestlingDeacon

TRIPLE THREAT

Syndicate vs Shawn Tybalt vs Dominic Korgath

Syndicte was on the losing end of a tag match with Cassius Atkinson last show. Shawn Tybalt lost to a Sydney Sky limerick. Can either of these two do better, with new guy Dominic Korgath thrown into the mix?

Rules: Standard DQ, countout, pinfall/submission rules apply. First pin wins.

Word Limit: 3750

Send To: realitycheck

FORTUNE REVERSAL TORNADO TAG TEAM MATCH

Leo Breslin and Tim Dillon vs Cassius Atkinson and Dan "The Phoenix" Caldwell

Speaking of losers, all four men in this tag match have been in slight slumps as of late. So, we're throwing them together and banging them together until they're bloody and raw! Ahem. The title of the match should live up to its name, as either of these teams has to get a win. Unless they both no-show. Which would make me unhappy.

Rules: All four men are in the ring at the same time. Falls count anywhere, and there are no disqualifications.

Word Limit: 4500

Send To: Powerplay

EUROPEAN TITLE CONTENDERSHIP MATCH

LION'S DEN MATCH

Scott Solomon vs "Canadian Thunder" Chris Trepanier

Scott Solomon has been en feugo the last little while, picking up a streak of wins, including a tag win last show, and nearly knocking Charlie Matthews off the Euro title. He could get a chance to do that again, if he can beat out the "Canadian Thunder."

Rules: There is a small, octagonal, engaged ring set off to the side of the entrance. The winner is the man who scores a submission over the other. There are weapons scattered along the top of the the cage, incase chaos becomes necessary.

Word Limit: 4500

Send To: Thoth

Note: If Charile Matthews win the world title on this show, he will immediately hand over the European title to the winner of this match, who will then face a selected opponent.

SINGLES MATCH

"The Sinner" John Duran vs English Dragon

On Crimson, English Dragon defeated Leo Breslin for the right to face the Television champion. However, Jimmy Liston has requested this show off. So, instead, the surging Dragon will get his first taste of the uppercard in a match against John Duran. Can Duran save-face after a loss in the Six-Man match? Or will the Dragon breathe fire once more?

Rules: Standard singles match.

Word Limit: 5000

Send To: Longdogger_Pete

FINISHER MATCH

Manson vs Aecas

Aecas was another one of the losers in the Six-Man match on Crimson. Manson, on the other hand, wasn't even involved in the match! With both men looking to (re)solidify their place in the ME, they'll face off here on Metal.

Rules: The first man to hit their primary finisher on the other is the winner. Everything else is legal, though...

Send To: Tod deKindes

MAIN EVENT

WORLD TITLE MATCH

CLASSIC WRESTLING EXHIBITION MATCH

Charlie "Grappler" Matthews vs "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins

Crow is gone. Va'aiga is gone. But the world title remains... and so do these two men. The two wrestlers destined to face one-another after the Six Pack Challange on Crimson, they are two differing stories. The Grappler, just over two months into his SWF career, has obliterated every obsticale in his metiorodic rise to the top of the league. "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins, however, has toiled in the SJL nearly a year, and has yet to grasp ANY type of title. With all the chips down, can either man realize their dreams?

Rules: It's a standard wrestling match, actually, with a fancy name. Well, standard, except for the Bill Watts rules. Which are: If you go over the top rope for any reason, you're disqualified. Sleepers are illegal. And any moves on the outside are an instant DQ.

Word Limit: 5750

Send To: realitycheck

Edited by realitycheck

Guest Suicide King

Interesting stuff. Crush them all beneath your despotic heel, Z.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

I remember the greatest NWA match in history...

Ron Simmons vs. Lex Luger, 2 out of 3 falls.

Luger won a fall when Simmons went over the top rope.

I thought that was crap.

Guest Crowe

Wow, that's a good card, Zedidilidy. I really am looking forward to the top 4 matches, especially the Finisher Match.

And Spike's gonna win, yall know that~!

And Spike's gonna win, yall know that~!

We'll see....

I actually have an idea for this match....

Guest emerald_fusion

Card looks quite good, particularly the main event. My match should be fun, time to come up with some ideas.

Guest KingOfOldSchool
FINISHER MATCH

Manson vs Aecas

Aecas was another one of the losers in the Six-Man match on Crimson. Manson, on the other hand, wasn't even involved in the match! With both men looking to (re)solidify their place in the ME, they'll face off here on Metal.

Rules: The first man to hit their primary finisher on the other is the winner. Everything else is legal, though...

Send To: Tod deKindes

TIME WARP!

THE MATCH I FELT LIKE BOOKING... WORLD TITLE CONTENDERSHIP

Aecas vs John Duran vs Manson vs Charlie Matthews vs Viktor Tarakanov vs "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins

Eh? While I didn't get anything in writing-wise, my character was a part of that match, eventually getting eliminated partway through.

Otherwise, everything's spiffy, except for the fact that my primary finisher is a submission. That would be (too) easy, and I'm sure this type of match, whenever it was invented, never took into account submissions and such. Would I just be able to hit my SSP (2nd) or neckbreaker (3rd) finisher for the win then?

Edited by KingOfOldSchool

Guest realitycheck

...you were actually in the match? Ah, crap, I suck.

And technically, a submission would work, but it would have to be cinched all the way in to count. So you could have it constantly reversed before you finally got it on.

-Z

Guest ShawnTybalt

With my new status as television champion, does my match change at all?

Guest KingOfOldSchool

But... Edwin excluded, of course, backslides are for girls (or Ash).

And technically, a submission would work, but it would have to be cinched all the way in to count. So you could have it constantly reversed before you finally got it on.

It's late and I'm tired, thus I never actually thought this match or that scenario through. Thanks for the clarification.

Question about my match here:

I'm guessing from the way it's written that the octogon is surrounded by a steel cage?

And the weapons are inside that cage.

Guest realitycheck

Tybalt: No, but I'll have Pete book you against English Dragon on Wrath.

Solomon: You've never seen the match IRL? It's got an octogon shaped cage around it, and a small steel "ring" protrouding from the top. That's where the weapons are. They're usually little things like nunchucka, brass knuckles, a kendo stick... y'know, small, harmless things. :D

-Z

Guest Angel_Grace_Blue

Zed, can I have opening promo?

Please? I might not have anything planned yet, though...

Guest Angel_Grace_Blue

Getting the opening promo would be so nice,

I posted my request twice.

Guest hhh6294

English Dragon defeated Leo Breslin for the right to face the Television champion.

...uh... I beat Leo Breslin on Crimson. Dragon beat Tim Dillion for TV Contendership.

Guest realitycheck

Dammit, Kaine, look. I'm the head booker, and what I say GOES.

(This has been an excuse to cover for Z not paying any attention. Thank you for your patience.)

Also, GOdrea... fine. I concede.

-Z

Guest hhh6294

What the hell Zed... were you drunk when you did the descriptions and all or what?!

Guest The Superstar
Rules: It's a standard wrestling match, actually, with a fancy name. Well, standard, except for the Bill Watts rules. Which are: If you go over the top rope for any reason, you're disqualified. Sleepers are illegal. And any moves on the outside are an instant DQ.

I thought it was, if you jump from the top rope, or throw your opponent off or over the top rope, you're disqualified?

Guest Tod deKindes
I thought it was, if you jump from the top rope, or throw your opponent off or over the top rope, you're disqualified?

That would be more correct.

Guest Mystery Eskimo
I'd like request next weeks Metal card off, please...

actually, I think I'll need the next week off. Dammit.

Guest Ace309

Indeed.

I own the last post, also.

GOD DAMNIT

Guest Ace309

Spike, if you've already started, write the match with the rules as written on the card.

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus

The very concept of this match gives me heebie-jeebies. :ph34r:

Disqualified for using the top rope? Might as well cut off my feet while you're at it...

Sign in to follow this