TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Freddy vs. Jason

Ok I just watched the trailer to Freddy vs. Jason a few times and read up on the plot a bit.

And from what I can gather Jason is a sympathetic tragic hero....ummm....ok.

So does anyone plan on seeing this movie? I know I do b/c it appears that Freddy gets the shit kicked out of him. And b/c I don't really like Freddy I'll enjoy seeing him get pounded.

Anyone else have any plot info? Thoughts?

Guest El Satanico

I'm seeing it regardless

I know NOTHING about the movie and I plan on keeping it that way.

Guest Marshall

I think EVERYONE here will see it because it's gonna appeal to this age range (mostly 16 - 25 Males). Plus it's gonna be awesome.

Oh yeah I know I'll definetly go see it with my friends. It's like the ultimate guy movie. Two bad asses fighting it out for an hour and a half. I mean come on. Add in women and cheesy one liners and this movie takes it.

Guest mach7

Well judging from the fact that Freddy was a child killer when he was alive, and Jason was a boy who drowned due to camp counsellor's neglect.. I'd say it at least makes a little sense.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
Oh yeah I know I'll definetly go see it with my friends. It's like the ultimate guy movie. Two bad asses fighting it out for an hour and a half. I mean come on. Add in women and cheesy one liners and this movie takes it.

The "Go To Hell" and "Place Your Bets" lines suck so much, it makes me want to see it more.

Guest The Hollywood Fashion Plate
Ok I just watched the trailer to Freddy vs. Jason a few times and read up on the plot a bit.

So does anyone plan on seeing this movie? I know I do b/c it appears that Freddy gets the shit kicked out of him. And b/c I don't really like Freddy I'll enjoy seeing him get pounded.

Anyone else have any plot info? Thoughts?

As someone on the fridaythe13thforums.com board put it, Jason's not going to be crying when he watches a sunset or anything....in fact, this whole sympathetic hero angle is really overblown in terms of people talking about it.

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

So he gets used as a pawn by Freddy to get vengeance on the Elm Street kids. It's not like he's going to become Hamlet in a hockey mask; he's a victim of circumstance from what I understand of the plot.

Guest cabbageboy

I'm hopefully going to go see it. I'm not even a big fan of Friday the 13th or N.O.E.S. movies, but this looks like a lot of fun. I think it seriously could be one of the surprise hits of the year.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Jason X TANKED so I don't hold much hope on this from a financial standpoint, however...

It looks like it could be fun.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Jason X actually didn't tank considering how much it was made for. It made it's money back in theaters, thats a success, obviously didn't go to no.1 but it made it's budget back and then some. Thats why they continue to make those, they can be cheaply done and will always make money.

Who cares how much money a movie makes? If you enjoyed it you enjoyed it. How much money it makes has nothing to do with it.

"I really enjoyed that movie....*picks up box office report*.....I HATE THAT MOVIE!"

Guest Lethargic
Jason X actually didn't tank considering how much it was made for. It made it's money back in theaters, thats a success, obviously didn't go to no.1 but it made it's budget back and then some. Thats why they continue to make those, they can be cheaply done and will always make money.

No it didn't. It was 7 million away from making a profit. 20 million budget, 13 million gross.

I don't get why so many people say "I don't like those movies but I think THIS one will be good." If you don't like the two seperate, why are they good together?

I like Jason. I haven't really watched Freddy b/c he gave me so many nightmares when I was 5. It's kind of like the old story of falling out of the tree and not wanting to go back up because of the fear.

Yeah that's like it. Freddy is the tree that I'm afraid to climb. But I'll joyfully watch a hockey masked psycho chop the tree into pieces.

Guest JMA

The only portrayal of Freddy Krueger I liked was in the original Nightmare on Elm Street. The others portrayed him as too "funny." You're not supposed to laugh with Freddy. He's a child murderer who finds humor in death and suffering. Which is good because he's the villain. The only portrayal of the adult Jason Voorhees I liked was Friday the 13th part two. This was before he became a mindless zombie. He was originally an evil Boo Radley who killed everyone who entered his woods.

He never died in the lake. He survived and lived off meat and vegetation. He stole what he needed. He even had his own shack. Those are my favorite interpretations of the two characters.

Guest NCJ

Freddy wasn't totally comical in N.O.E. S.2 . He was probably at his sadistic best. To me it is the scariest of the Freddy movies.

As far as Freddy vs. Jason goes I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Guest Prototype450

Hmmm I think i should do a tale of the tape thread for Freddy vs Jason.

It would be gold. And if I do it right, it could be a classic thread. so..................

Who's with me?

Guest Youth N Asia

I don't care how bad it's gonna be. I'll see it the week it's open. And I'll bitch like a bastard if the Destiny's Child girl doesn't die.

I don't care how bad it's gonna be. I'll see it the week it's open. And I'll bitch like a bastard if the Destiny's Child girl doesn't die.

You summed up my feelings about this movie 100%.

Dames

Guest Prototype450

Well actually she'll probably die. I don't wanna sound like a racist or jesse jackson or anything but when's the last time a black person survived a NOES or f13 movie?

THe black kid from friday the 13th part 5.

So her chances to survive are about 999,999,999,999 to 1

Guest El Satanico
when's the last time a black person survived a NOES or f13 movie?

That was then, this is now

Then: If a horror movie had a black person it was an unknown actor and served no purpose to the film. They were killed early usually.

Now: If a horror movie has a black person it's a known actor or musician. They are usually a main character and serve a purpose to the film. They survive the movie sometime escaping many situations where they should've died.

With that said the destinys child girl living or dying won't affect my enjoyment of the movie.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Then: If a horror movie had a black person it was an unknown actor and served no purpose to the film. They were killed early usually.

Now: If a horror movie has a black person it's a known actor or musician. They are usually a main character and serve a purpose to the film. They survive the movie sometime escaping many situations where they should've died.

With that said the destinys child girl living or dying won't affect my enjoyment of the movie.

I blame I Still Know What You Did Last Summer for that. Fucking Brandy should of died.

Guest NoCalMike

I am gonna see it opening weekend. I am a sucker for horror movies. 28 days later tonight~!

If I remember right they had this feature on E! that said she bit it.

I blame I Still Know What You Did Last Summer for that. Fucking Brandy should of died.

You have NO idea how upset I was by that.

Dames

Guest Prototype450

;) You got me Satanico, You got me.

EDIT:it's my 100 post !! :headbang:

Guest Youth N Asia

I don't even mind so much a pop star living through a horror movie, even though it's a gimmie. But when Busta beat Michael Myers ass I was sickened. Horror movie suck ass that way now.

Guest Prototype450

I don't get why you guys think the popstart or rapper MUST DIE in horror movies. Personally, I think that if character is tough enough to kill the big scary dude with a big knife, then let it happen.

But with that said, I agree that Brandy should have gotten waxed in I still Know what you did last summer, and Mekhi Phifer should have lived!

This movie is TEN years in the making.

I've heard they shot two endings to this (much like they did with King Kong Vs. Godzilla).

I'm a Jason fan so I'm going for him, but Freddy cracks me up.

Some people are gonna go for Jason. Some are gonna go for Freddy. I say may the best horror movie villain win.

I just find it funny Freddy fucked with you before he killed you and Jason killed you while you were fucking. :ph34r:

Guest Ten Ton Lid

One thing's for sure, this is going to settle a lot of arguments from grade school. I'll be at a Silver City opening night, because this is one movie I want nothing resembing a spoiler going into. Gotta say I'm rooting for Freddy, though.

Guest El Satanico
I don't get why you guys think the popstart or rapper MUST DIE in horror movies. Personally, I think that if character is tough enough to kill the big scary dude with a big knife, then let it happen.

But with that said, I agree that Brandy should have gotten waxed in I still Know what you did last summer, and Mekhi Phifer should have lived!

I believe it's because so many of them survive, it gives the whole damn movie away and you already know at least one person who lives.