TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

Bad exercise/weight room experiences

I was wondering if anyone has stories at fitness places where things have disgusted you or pissed you off.

Today I had to wait about 15 minutes to use a Lat machine as one guy sat on it for 15 minutes. And the reps he did were hard to describe, but instead of the full range of motion, his was about 5% of the motion. Of course he is ripped as hell, so I don't know how he does it, but it works. Its funny when its crowded because everybody flocks to the machine when he's done.

Also today I was on the stair master and there was this hot girl next to me. About 2 minutes later a guy who was "roughly" 350 pounds plopped up next to her. That I don't give two shits about because I really don't like to socialize when doing heavy cardio, but he then proceeds to tell her the whole storyline of Bend it Like Beckham, which I WAS going to see later that night. And his mouth was moving a lot faster than the treadmill was (probably 2MPH). He even acknowledged to her that he usually does not go this long, but he was "feelin' it" today. And he was done less than 5 minutes after she was!

I always feel guilty come Christmas time as I see all these people come in and throw their money away. I feel bad because the head manager talks about how great the club is, but will hardly give them the time of day once they sign on.

Guest Vern Gagne

Did someone actually say that, or was that from the Letterman sketch on SNL?

Guest Choken One

This was not no more then 6 months ago...

I skipped work early and decided to do a little work out.

So I go to the local Y (why waste money at a Gym?) It's a HUGE gym anyways.

So I get on a Treadmill to warm up and it's a little brisk jog...nothing strenous.

It's kinda empty with just a couple old guys on the bikes and a few middle aged girls on the treads as well....

Then comes these two Joe College Fucks all ripped and shit...

They go to the back and work the Free Weights...suddenly I hear a big scream...

I get off the treadmill and Two of the big fuckers are POUNDING the hell outta each other...There's no one else there and I just dive in between them and they are sweating and panting...

I go "What's the deal?"

One guy goes "Fuck You" and walks away...

The other guy casually sits down and starts lifting a dumbell and cusses under his breath.

Thats just one of them...

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Just watch the two meatheads wail on each other. Use a leg press like a guillotine or something.

An excerpt from EQ's Classic Shit,

TheDames7: now...what if i told you that i went to high school with that girl

TheDames7: we had weight training together

TheDames7: and because of her, one of my friends saw my erect dick....LOL

TheDames7: i was doing bench press right....

TheDames7: and she comes walking by, and shes in a sports bra

TheDames7: and i had a fucking hole in my shorts

TheDames7: and she bent over for something....and my friend who was spotting me was like....

TheDames7: "um....damian"

TheDames7: so...i looked down, i looked at him....and ran the fuck out the room

:lol: Thats gold, you should so write a sit-com about all the shit thats happened to you like that and your disaster with your contact lenses, i'm sure it would get better ratings than Raw.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Years ago I did the gym thing and it was horrible.

Not only did all the ripped nimrods take 30 minutes at a machine (25 of those minutes spent just standing there resting), but also they would never remove the weights from the machine. Sometimes there would be 12/13 45lb weights on a leg press machine. Although I had no problem getting them off the machine, there were women that couldn't get them off.

However, the best was whenever I pulled into the parking lot. There would always be several cars illegally parked right next to the gym instead of parking in the nearby lot.

These people went to a gym but were TOO LAZY TO WALK 100 FEET TO THE DOOR!!!

This is why I now have a soloflex and treadmill at home...

Guest DerangedHermit
An excerpt from EQ's Classic Shit,

TheDames7: now...what if i told you that i went to high school with that girl

TheDames7: we had weight training together

TheDames7: and because of her, one of my friends saw my erect dick....LOL

TheDames7: i was doing bench press right....

TheDames7: and she comes walking by, and shes in a sports bra

TheDames7: and i had a fucking hole in my shorts

TheDames7: and she bent over for something....and my friend who was spotting me was like....

TheDames7: "um....damian"

TheDames7: so...i looked down, i looked at him....and ran the fuck out the room

The Dames...even he's scared of himself!

:lol:

Guest Nevermortal
Years ago I did the gym thing and it was horrible.

Not only did all the ripped nimrods take 30 minutes at a machine (25 of those minutes spent just standing there resting), but also they would never remove the weights from the machine. Sometimes there would be 12/13 45lb weights on a leg press machine. Although I had no problem getting them off the machine, there were women that couldn't get them off.

However, the best was whenever I pulled into the parking lot. There would always be several cars illegally parked right next to the gym instead of parking in the nearby lot.

These people went to a gym but were TOO LAZY TO WALK 100 FEET TO THE DOOR!!!

This is why I now have a soloflex and treadmill at home...

Yeah, its all about the home equipment.

I like the guys who will show off their weight they are throwing around, and have just terrible form. "Its a good thing your back is get a hell of a workout on these bicep curls.

And why the people who bench around 400 and are bending the bars have to use different ones that AREN'T bent every time!

Guest A.W. Stiffward III

I recall a time, during one of my rare trips to the local gynamsium/fitness complex, one of my good chums and I were tossing around the old medicine ball. After a few turns, a dashing young lady walked past and I must say, my goodness, was I taken by her immaculate beauty. Sadly, while my attention had been skewed over to her, my pal returned the ball back to me, making direct contact with my chin. After exclaiming a few select words, I recieved top notch medical attention and was feeling spiffy not too long later. It's because of incidents like that one that I prefer to stimulate my mind, rather than my body, which I must add, is certainly nothing to pass over.

Guest MillenniumMan831

I really don't have any horror stories to share, but I can't stand it when:

- Someone starts talking to me right as I start a set.

- I see hot chicks leave just as I enter. I'm like a babe repelent.

- They constantly play hip hop/R&B. Would it kill them to play rock/alternative once in a while?

- When you're using a bench, instead of someone asking if he can work in, he'll just stand there and stare until you leave.

- I get completely pooped after 1/2 mile of running a day after I run a mile w/ much less trouble. Well, this is my fault.

As for Dames, all I can say is . . . I hear ya.