TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Decadent Slacker

Just Got a PS2

Got it for $148 on eBay, & it's working great. Problem is, the gift of Smackdown SYM is going to be here in a week, meaning i have no games currently, but i have money. Any thoughts on what i should pick up next time i feel the urge to go mock the people who inhabit Kmart?

Guest Lightning Flik

ATV Offroad Fury 2

NBA Street Vol. 2

MVP Baseball 2003

Kingdom Hearts

Grandia 2 (if you can find it)

Arc The Lad: Twilight of Spirits

.hack (if you wanna get something intriguing, but I suggest rental first)

It's late and I can't think of the others at this time. But those are nice ones to start off with.

BloodRayne - Go insane. Kill things. Hot chick in tight leather with big guns and knives. Fun for all.

Blood Omen 2 - Same as above, except with switch pulling, box shoving, and Dark Gifts. Oh yeah, and it's Kain, [ex]Ruler of Nosgoth... or something... I don't know, I never pay much attention to the SL going on.

Ico - Who knew that leading some ghostly Princess around by the hand could be so fun? Noone speaks English in the game, but it's still fun solving the puzzles. And, Ico is equipped to fight the army of darkness with... a stick! Oooh...scary.

Final Fantasy X - Great storyline, great graphics, and great voice-acting [at least to me, anyway]. It's quite a long game, which is cool, and will help pass the time. My only annoyance is that Tidus looks like a fourteen yr. old bitch. And would it be weird of me to say Seymour was hot? If it is... then.. "pretend I didn't say it".

Guest Youth N Asia

Devil May Cry...very fun action game and it's a $20 greatest hits title now.

Guest Insanityman

Grand Theft Auto 3- Classic game, prolly my favorite PS 2 game, but it can get old. Like now, I only touch it when extremely bored.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4- Awesome, awesome game. Especially if you're a skater.

Mary Kate and Ashley's Adventure~! ...Okay, nix that one.

Medal of Honor- My dad's new obsession. Good game.

Both Red Factions.

Guest JHawk
Final Fantasy X - Great storyline, great graphics, and great voice-acting [at least to me, anyway]. It's quite a long game, which is cool, and will help pass the time. My only annoyance is that Tidus looks like a fourteen yr. old bitch. And would it be weird of me to say Seymour was hot? If it is... then.. "pretend I didn't say it".

I'd second Final Fantasy X, but Yuna, how could you find Seymour hot? Have you looked at that belly? It looks like he's about to have a litter of puppies or something!

I'd second Final Fantasy X, but Yuna, how could you find Seymour hot? Have you looked at that belly? It looks like he's about to have a litter of puppies or something!

I guess it's the voice, above all things. Evilly seductive.

Guest The Flying Dutchman

I just got a PS2 a week ago too. I heartily recommend ...

SmackDown! 4: OMGSTFU - great wrestling game, amazing CAW, incredible amount of matches, great graphics

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - this is pretty much a given though

Dynasty Warriors 3

or

Dynasty Warriors 3: Xtreme Legends

or

Dynasty Warriors 4 - all of these games are absolutely AWESOME, with epic storylines, a terrific fighting system, huge battlefields, tons of items, massive replayability, tons of hidden characters and weapons. Just AMAZING. I recommend DW4 the most though.

Guest crandamaniac

Deus Ex.

A good FPS that totally blows away all others. The sheer depth of this game makes it worthwhile. You can be all sneaky, or blast your way thru levels

Guest AndrewTS

Devil May Cry...but the giant spider boss may frustrate the hell out of you.

Klonoa 2: Great, cute lil' platformer.

WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth -- best wrestling game on the system IMO not made by AKI. Or just wait until Here Comes the Pain is released.

Guest chirs3

Grand Theft Auto 3

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Devil May Cry

Frequency

Amplitude

SSX Tricky

And if you're an RPG'er, Final Fantasy X and possibly the .hack's (if you can, I'd rent first).

And any old PS1 games you missed... backwards compatibility and all. Just picked up MGS1 myself, el cheapo, and it's pretty darn good so far.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Def Jam Vendetta, motherfucker. Easy controls to get the hang of, and the gameplay itself is very good. Unfortunately, no CAW, and the story mode leaves a lot to be desired. But get some friends over and go 1-on-1 or 2-on-2 in Exhibition Mode.

Guest Askewniverse

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 or 4

Gran Turismo 3

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2

NHL 2003 (or you could wait for NHL 2004)

Guest razazteca

Stay out of Kmart unless it is a closeout sale during the last week of business. But you might want to look into the two 3rd party controllers for 1 deal. Otherwise Kmart is overpriced and is behind the times on everything.

Get used games and a Game Doctor.

PA RAPPA THE RAPPA 2!

Alright, that might sound like a joke, but I got it pretty cheap and it's pretty fun, so if it's cheap, maybe take a look at it.

Another good game that is pretty cheap now is Spider-man. If you like Spider-man, anything about the comic, movie, this game is now only $20 at most stores.

I think a lot of people beat me to the better ones above, except a couple which I've only played briefly but seemed really cool in "The Getaway" and "Medal of Honor:Frontline"

Just trying to put some input on some other good ones, although most of the above you can't go wrong with.

Guest Spicy McHaggis

GTA 3

GTA VC

Tiger Woods 2003

NBA Street Vol. 2

Def Jam Vendetta

TransWorld Surf

NCAA Football 2004 (comes out July 17)

Guest Star Ocean 3

.hack is good, but so much money for 4 incomplete games is a rip off. Dark Cloud 2 and Wild ARMs 3 are the best RPGs not already mentioned.

Guest Sakura

Seymour's voice does rule, but his hair is horrible.

Buy Tekken 4. It's the best fighting game.

Ace Combat 4, the best flight game on the PS2, bar none, and priced right at 19.99

Street Hoops: I love NBA Street, but it can get a little silly.. this is more of a pure basketball game. And again, priced right at 19.99

I would recommend doing online comparison shopping for PS2 games... I find that amazon.com has good prices for games, among the best, and if you buy more than $25 in mechandise, you get free shipping.

Guest Youth N Asia

Plus he had a gut.

Plus he had a gut.

Still hot, though. Auron was the fatherly old guy, Tidus is an annoying whiny bitch, Wakka is obnoxious, and Kimahri is..well..not human. Plus Seymour is evil, which only adds to the hotness.

Guest Sakura

Because nothing says "hot" like a guy who is so ruthless he'd kill his own father.

Like Kazuya!

Thanks. GTA Vice City is a given because, honestly, who doesn't want to do illegal shit to classic '80s tunes? The deaf & the blind thats who.

SYM was one i DEMANDED, based on the presence of DDP & Raven alone. Plus i've heard little negative about it, other than the usual SD! criticisms. Here Comes the Pain will come along in good time, but i need something to tide me over, since SD! 2 is godawful.

Yuna-i already have Parasite Eve 1 & FF8 & 9. I like 8 better personally, if for nothing more than its set up so even an idiot like me can use it. everyone likes 9 but me, so i must be fucked up. i wish i had the will to beat 7 back in the day, & not traded it for Medieval.

Any opinion on MGS 2, Baldur's Gate: Deadly Alliance or Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick by chance? I mark for the 3 franchises, scarily enough. Walmart has all of them for $20.00, so i'm intrigued.

PM me for a list & i'll trade ANY of my PSX games for anything else. Same goes for the PC version of GTA3 if i feel up to parting with it before i get any form of GTA on PS2, afterwards, deal.

I personally love BG:DA, but going through all the difficulty levels to obtain Drizzt is a little anticlimactic, as you can armor him up but the pathetic weapons Twinkle and Icingdeath (pathetic compared to some of the weapons you will find when you get around to the extreme level) don;t do him much justice... though his attack pattern is pretty impressive...

BG:DA2 is due out in october or november, and I await that with baited breath, as Atari has shelved D&D heroes for the PS2 and GC in favor of the XBox..

Guest KoR Fungus

GGX*2*! Heh this is quickly becoming a pet peeve of mine. GGXX is in the arcades, GGX2 is at home. :)

My top recommendations would be TTT and MGS2 because you can get them for $20 each, and FF10.

Guest phoenixrising
Ace Combat 4, the best flight game on the PS2, bar none, and priced right at 19.99

Second this choice. Though I haven't tried any other flight sims on the PS2 (been thinking about looking around for Aero Elite 4), Ace Combat 4 is a perfect blend of arcade shooter and flight simulator. Plus the ongoing storyline really gets you into the game, and it has killer music.

GTA: Vice City - Pretty much a must have, and good replay value even after you get 100% completion. After all, where else can you run over pedestrians and not get put in jail.

NCAA Football 2004 - I'm hyping myself up for this by playing 2003. 2004 is going to be awesome. I am preparing for the hours of online time I will spend entering the rosters into the game.

Smackdown: SYM - Huge improvement over JBI. Especially the season mode.

Medal of Honor: Frontline - I actually haven't played the game in months but when I first bought it I played the heck out of it. Lots of missions to run through, and I love the attention to detail in the game - for example, the M1 Garand carries an 8 round clip and the clip flies out with the same distinctive noise an actual M1 clip does. Great game.