TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dangerous A

The official 2003 NBA free agents thread

Guest Polish_Rifle

He got his money so I doubt he will be too broken hearted. Everyone knew that Zeke was on his way out anyway. First Bird comes aboard, then Carlisle does not get a new job during the coaching carousel early in the summer…He’ll just have to go back to broadcasting or resurrecting the CBA. I hear Slamball needs a new color man to replace Shawn "I Can't Speak English" Marion!

Guest Lethargic
Since, I double posted, I’ll just edit this one…

The US team almost lost again to Argentina last night. I think it sucks that the games are not televised which continues to negate the significance of international basketball and the honor of representing your home country.

I know, man. I was looking forward to watching this stuff. I can NOT believe that it's not on TV. I got 200 friggin channels and I can't watch the Olympic qualifying tourney? WTF? A couple of days ago I finally found the answer why. I don't remember where I saw it, ESPN, CNN or SI. But, just some asshole in Puerto Rico bought the rights to the broadcasts and then put the games on PPV. ESPN offered the guy a lot of money to get the games for broadcast but he wouldn't sell. I haven't even found them on PPV either so I don't know what backwoods PPV deal he's doing. All I know is that it sucks.

But what doesn't suck is Isiah Thomas finally getting tossed out on his ass. Good riddance. Losing Miller hurt but this is the best news I've heard in 2 years. Thank God. Or Larry Bird. If they DO hire Carlisle I'll be so pro-Pacers it'll make Polish look like a casual Clippers fan.

Guest Unwritten Religion
Since, I double posted, I’ll just edit this one…

The US team almost lost again to Argentina last night.  I think it sucks that the games are not televised which continues to negate the significance of international basketball and the honor of representing your home country.

I know, man. I was looking forward to watching this stuff. I can NOT believe that it's not on TV. I got 200 friggin channels and I can't watch the Olympic qualifying tourney? WTF? A couple of days ago I finally found the answer why. I don't remember where I saw it, ESPN, CNN or SI. But, just some asshole in Puerto Rico bought the rights to the broadcasts and then put the games on PPV. ESPN offered the guy a lot of money to get the games for broadcast but he wouldn't sell. I haven't even found them on PPV either so I don't know what backwoods PPV deal he's doing. All I know is that it sucks.

But what doesn't suck is Isiah Thomas finally getting tossed out on his ass. Good riddance. Losing Miller hurt but this is the best news I've heard in 2 years. Thank God. Or Larry Bird. If they DO hire Carlisle I'll be so pro-Pacers it'll make Polish look like a casual Clippers fan.

Please Do, I'll mark the fuck out if you do.

And those games cost 9.95, If you were wondering.

And I love wearing the NEW Knicks Van Horn jersey here In NY, It pissed off alot of people when I was at the Yankees game last night.

Guest Polish_Rifle

Slow news day...Latest rumor is that as early as today, the Pistons will trade Michael Curry to the Raptors in exchange for Lindsey Hunter.

So basically the Warriors got Van Exel and .... HEY!! COUNT DUCKULA~!!

Oh...never mind.

Anyway, I would like to see what Antoine Rigadeau can do. He just couldn't get time on the Mavs but he is quite the name in Europe. I heard he was good, just haven't had the chance to see it.

Heat sign Rafer Alston

From that Nike commercial (I think) to the Raptors to the And 1 tour to the Heat. Quite the whirlwind tour for Mr. Alston...

He played for the Bucks 3 years before that Nike commercial.

Looks like Van Exel may not even play for GS.

It's rumored that the Warriors may trade him to the Knicks for Kurt Thomas and Charlie Ward.

Heat sign Rafer Alston

From that Nike commercial (I think) to the Raptors to the And 1 tour to the Heat. Quite the whirlwind tour for Mr. Alston...

He played for the Bucks 3 years before that Nike commercial.

Played, or dressed?

Utah has signed Jason Terry to an offer sheet(terms not disclosed), Hawks will have 15 days to match.

No way the Hawks don't match.

And Rafer Alston played back-up point for Sam Cassell for three years. He became a free agent and noone picked him up so he ended up in the NBDL. Then the Raptors signed him to a number of 10 day Contracts last year.

He already had a legendary street ball status before he got into the league, but he has been in the league for a while now.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

The Hawks are offering a 7-game home ticket package for $175 . Here are the games...

7Game_popup-BOTTOM.jpg

I am there!

The Hawks are offering a 7-game home ticket package for $175 . Here are the games...

7Game_popup-BOTTOM.jpg

I am there!

I'm guessing we won't see the playoff promise around these parts anytime soon though.

I should have bought a season ticket last year...ALL THOSE GAMES...FREE.

Dammit.

The Hawks are offering a 7-game home ticket package for $175 .  Here are the games...

7Game_popup-BOTTOM.jpg

I am there!

I'm guessing we won't see the playoff promise around these parts anytime soon though.

I should have bought a season ticket last year...ALL THOSE GAMES...FREE.

Dammit.

Hell, I'm going to see the teams the Hawks are playing. The Hawks are the Clippers of the East.

I still say they were on their way to something, then they trade their leading scorer for nothing(Terrell Brandon) and don't resign any of their free agents that they should have (Demarr Johnson, Deion Glover...I don't really care about Ira Newble). Now they will definatley be Clipper East.

And it doesn't help that here in Atlanta, lives the WORST sports fans in the world. I know I give Philly fans shit, but they are nothing on the shitty ass Atlanta fans.

I still say they were on their way to something, then they trade their leading scorer for nothing(Terrell Brandon) and don't resign any of their free agents that they should have (Demarr Johnson, Deion Glover...I don't really care about Ira Newble). Now they will definatley be Clipper East.

And it doesn't help that here in Atlanta, lives the WORST sports fans in the world. I know I give Philly fans shit, but they are nothing on the shitty ass Atlanta fans.

The thing is that most people who live in Atlanta and in the surrounding areas aren't from here. That has a lot to do with the shitty fans.

You got a point. Thats why the Knicks game always sells out. Despite both teams sucking shit. Damn New Yawkas all over the place.

Danny Manning has retired from the NBA.

He will be joining Kansas' athletic department.

Also, Danny Ferry, who for now is on the Pacers' roster, is rumored to be joining the Spurs' front office instead.

And Sid shit his pants.

Edited by alfdogg

Guest Polish_Rifle

Also, Danny Ferry, who for now is on the Pacers' roster, is rumored to be joining the Spurs' front office instead.

And Sid shit his pants.

D Manning may have officially retired but his career ended years ago when he was with the Suns.

And Sid shit his pants.

D Manning may have officially retired but his career ended years ago when he was with the Suns.

Funny thing is, whenever that no kneed bastard stepped on the court, you could still see the skills. He could still pass like a point guard and could still eat guys alive on the box. Damn shame about those knees though.

The suns were on their way to a NBA championship until Joe Kline rolled over Mannings knee and killed their hopes dead back in 93-94. They were the Leagues best team at the all-star break (only losing 8 games). After the Manning injury, they fell to number 4 out west, and eventually lost to the Rockets in game 7 (47 points from KJ bitches..bele-dat).

It was all down hill for Danny then. When he got traded for Penny Hardaway, it was pretty much over.

Guest Polish_Rifle

He was the shit when the Clips drafted him out of Kansas. I remember his no look passes and the fact that he was the shining star for the then-woeful (No Clipper jokes) Clips. Then he hurt his knee and it was the beginning of the end. He did get a brief resurgence when he was traded to the Hawks for Nique and the Hawks had the best record in the East. It's a shame what happened to him but I really thought he retired after playing for the Bucks. I didn't know he was with the Pistons until they showed him in the huddle during the playoffs.

He was the shit when the Clips drafted him out of Kansas. I remember his no look passes and the fact that he was the shining star for the then-woeful (No Clipper jokes) Clips. Then he hurt his knee and it was the beginning of the end. He did get a brief resurgence when he was traded to the Hawks for Nique and the Hawks had the best record in the East. It's a shame what happened to him but I really thought he retired after playing for the Bucks. I didn't know he was with the Pistons until they showed him in the huddle during the playoffs.

The Clips didn't suck then. Not in the Charles Smith, Danny Manning, Mark Jackson, Beniot Benjamin days. I blame Bo Kimble. They drafted him and it all went down hill.

Kenny Anderson could sign with the Pacers any day.

I would have rather had Mark Jackson back, but at least we'll have a veteran at that position.

Also, the Hawks will match Utah's offer for Terry.

And Sid shit his pants.

Edited by alfdogg

Guest Polish_Rifle

I got this off some Cleveland newspaper site via ESPN.com

Word is during a recent practice session at Gund Arena, center Zydrunas Ilgauskas grabbed the throat of forward Darius Miles - who responded by landing a solid punch before being pulled off by other players.

Ilgauskas and Miles are among several Cavs playing in 5-on-5 workout games at Gund Arena, which usually end when one team reaches seven points. Ilgauskas and Miles were on opposing teams when they apparently began beefing.