TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dangerous A

The official 2003 NBA free agents thread

Guest alfdogg
People want Terrell Brandon because his contract runs up next year. Basically you can trade players on your team that add up to the amount Brandon makes, and then next year you're free to spend that money on free agents.

BTW, Brandon isn't expected to ever play another game ever, right?

I remember the Raptors somehow still having rights to Hakeem Olajuwon this past season, and there were talks of trading him for Danny Fortson so GS could do the same thing.

Guest Human Fly
I remember the Raptors somehow still having rights to Hakeem Olajuwon this past season, and there were talks of trading him for Danny Fortson so GS could do the same thing.

Why can't Danny Fortson catch a break anywhere? He plays good D and is a crazy rebounder. Toronto should still try to get him, as he is buried on the Warriors bench and could be had cheap I'm sure.

Anthony Carter should fire his agent ASAP. His next contract will probably be somewhere around 1/4 of that 4.1 deal. What an idiot. You'd think Carter would have been aware of it too though. A man has got to have pride, but I'm sure even AC knows he won't get that kind of money ever again.

Guest Dangerous A

Fortson has tweener syndrome in the NBA. He isn't tall enough to deal with the cream of the crop power forwards because he's only 6-7 and that's even disputed. He doesn't have the speed to deal with small forwards who go right around his big ass. Fortson needs to find a team that could use him off the bench as an inside rebounding spark plug role and he could then be used effectively.

Fortson is not a top 3 guy on your team. If he is, then you are a losing team.

Guest Lethargic

Forston is weird. When he plays in the West he averages about 300 rebounds a game. When he played in the East he got about 2. You would think that when he went to the East he would've had an easier time instead of the other way around.

Guest Vern Gagne

To me that shows Fortson doesn't always but a full effort into his game.

Guest The Fett

The only time he was in the east coast, he played for the Celtics. Since the Celtics shoot so many 3's, it's impossible for a big slow guy like Fortson to chase down all those balls. Rebounds from 3 pointers are generally deflected out to the perimeter where it's the guard’s responsibility to get them. Plus, when he was with the Celtics he barely got any playing time.

Guest Polish_Rifle

Why can't Danny Fortson catch a break anywhere? He plays good D and is a crazy rebounder. Toronto should still try to get him, as he is buried on the Warriors bench and could be had cheap I'm sure.

Anthony Carter should fire his agent ASAP. His next contract will probably be somewhere around 1/4 of that 4.1 deal. What an idiot. You'd think Carter would have been aware of it too though. A man has got to have pride, but I'm sure even AC knows he won't get that kind of money ever again.

I think Carter has the same agent as Michael Olowakandi, who encouraged Kandi to turn down a $60 million dollar deal the Clips offered them last season.

Anyway, supposedly, Kandi & his agent will meet with the Clips today to discuss possibly resigning with the team.

BTW, why is this thread not pinned?

Guest Ripper

Reggie Miller has ONE bad playoff year out of about 13 and everyone is calling him old and having diminished skills, huh...

I tell you what, let one of the teams I like get him and let him show you what he can still do.

Bottom line, the Pacers are now a post up, power team and Reggie Miller was no longer the primary offensive option...AND You had "point guards" that NEVER got him the ball in rythm coming off screens the way that Mark Jackson always did. Just 2 years ago, he was putting up godlike performances against the Nets in the first round, nearly beating them. This year, He plays badly against the Celtics and you call him done.

Reggie Miller STILL can run off screens and has more energy than most in the league. He STILL is damn dangerous from the 3-pt line. And he STILL is one of the best 2 guards in the game.

Guest Polish_Rifle

Reggie had a "bad" year because Isiah did not run enough plays for him. I understand that he s no longer the sole focus of their offense but Zeke has got to run some plays for one of the purest shooters in history.

Guest Lethargic
Reggie had a "bad" year because Isiah did not run enough plays for him. I understand that he s no longer the sole focus of their offense but Zeke has got to run some plays for one of the purest shooters in history.

He would have to understand the basic fundamentals of coaching to understand that though.

Guest Human Fly

Isaih Thomas needs to be fired IMO. That being said Reggie Miller still has a nice jumper, but so does Steve Kerr, and nobody is arguing that Steve Kerr is one of the better 2 guards in the league. In fact Steve Kerr hit more clutch shots this year than Reggie. No way is Reggie one of the better 2 guards in the league. I'd let him go.

Edited by Human Fly

Guest Polish_Rifle

Zeke has no business coaching in this league. They should fire him and hire Carlisle.

Guest Polish_Rifle

Just read that the Bucks waived Anthony Peeler, who they traded for a few days ago…Why?

Guest Polish_Rifle

Jermaine O’Neil cancelled his trip to Texas in order to seriously discuss resigning with the Pacers.

Guest Ripper

Reggie Miller probably won't be back and the Pacers won't make th playoffs...mark my words.

Am I the only one seeing that the Timberwolves will probably have a starting line-up of Rasho Nesterivic, Juwan Howard, Kevin Garnett, Wally Z. and Sam Cassell with Troy Hudson coming off the bench at 6 man next year. Hmmm...watch out.

Guest Vern Gagne

That doesn't include the players they would get for Brandon.

Guest razazteca
Jermaine O’Neil cancelled his trip to Texas in order to seriously discuss resigning with the Pacers.

On the radio I heard that Jermaine O'Neal got a big contract and will stay with the Pacers.

Guest Polish_Rifle

Let me get this straight. If Payton does not resign with the Bucks this summer…

They would basically have traded their big 3 of Glen Robinson, Ray Allen & Sam Cassell for Toni Kukoc, Desmond Mason, Joe Smith and half a year of Payton?

Nice job. :bonk:

Guest Polish_Rifle

I got this from ESPN...

The Rockets are interested in free agents forward Eric "The Polish Rifle" Piatkowski and point guard Kevin Ollie, Houston television station KRIV reported July 8. Ollie's agent, Bill Ness, told the station that he talked with Rockets general manager Carroll Dawson and that Ollie, who played with the Supersonics, had a telephone conversation with Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy. "We know the Rockets are interested, but we don't know if they are willing to do the number of years and the money Kevin is looking for," Ness said. Piatkowski's agent, Jeff Austin, said he had what he called a preliminary conversation with the Rockets about Piatkowski, who averaged 10 points a game for the Clippers last season. Dawson declined comment.

Guest The Fett

Speaking of the Rockets, any opinions on the new logo?

logo_r.jpg

I hated it the first time I saw it, but it's growing on me. I'll take a symbol logo over the old goofy, cartoonish looking logo the Rockets used to have. Kinda looks like the Quake III logo.

Guest El Satanico

Looks like blood dripping off the ends.

I always thought something was missing from sports jerseys...that thing is goooore.

Guest Human Fly
"We know the Rockets are interested, but we don't know if they are willing to do the number of years and the money Kevin is looking for," Ness said.

In this FA market is Kevin Ollie in a position to get greedy? Houston is a good team, take what they give you.

Guest Polish_Rifle

I read reports today that Houston is now talking to Antonio Daniels, whi I feel is a much better player than Ollie.

Guest Ripper

I pray that the suns go after Piakowski. REALLY I do. A shooter...all we need is a shooter.

Guest Polish_Rifle
I pray that the suns go after Piakowski. REALLY I do. A shooter...all we need is a shooter.

Sorry, Ripper, but the Polish Rifle is staying with the Clips (I hope).

Guest Ripper

Hopefully he is tired of the 10 years of losing. I'm pretty sure that lockeroom last year with 1000 free agents all wanting the ball would force any vet away.

Guest Polish_Rifle

Just heard that Corey Maggette will sign the Nuggets offer sheet of 6 years at $42 million.

That is in the price range of Donald Sterling, so hopefully he will match the offer and Corey will remain a Clipper.

Guest Choken One

Why would ANYONE stay with a LOSING team that WILL NEVER go anywhere...where you can get the same $$$ for a team that SHOWS some sign of life...

God...Just exhust the waste that Is the Clipper Franchise. or Kill Sterling.

Which ever comes easier.